Once people started finding out about the real persons Snowdrop characters were based on, the discussion became q-u-i-e-t

• For several days there were pages and pages of threads talking about 'tHe pLoT' but once more info came out about the real life people who the Snowdrop cast were based on, there's like zero talk about it. Have you noticed?

• Please i don’t even know what’s happening

To sum it up for you with my limited knowledge, the drama "Snowdrop" is based on the 1987 Korean protests.

The person Jisoo plays is a real-life woman called Chun Young Cho. Chun Young Cho was a woman who wanted to fight for the democracy of her country as, during that time, South Korea was under the influence of a military dictatorship and their "democracy" wasn't even considered democracy as then-leader Chun DooHwan ran a military regime, which was believed to be achieved after he took the power of the presidential seat after the assassination of President Park Chung-hee, meaning he wasn't even elected. When he was in power, he replaced the National Assembly with a military Junta with himself as a member. South Korea, especially young adults, were unhappy with this, therefore people, like Chun Young Cho, protested for their rights. I can see how many South Koreans were unhappy with this. Not trying to compare situations, but this is terribly similar to the current situation in Myanmar where the military takes advantage of the government for their own agenda.

Also during this time, Chun Young Cho was married and had a son, so many netizens were upset that they were trying to manipulate/ water down her legacy just to fit into a love story.

• Thank you so much for this explanation. I'll admit that I couldn't really see what could go wrong with this story until the end with this:

Also during this time, Chun Young Cho was married and had a son, so many netizens were upset that they were trying to manipulate/ water down her legacy just to fit into a love story.

After looking Chun Young Cho up and seeing how extraordinary her life is, I can see where the concern lies. I hope that the showrunners will take care to make sure that their Young Cho is a young woman that lives up to her namesake.

• Thank you so much for this explanation. I'll admit that I couldn't really see what could go wrong with this story until the end with this:

After looking Chun Young Cho up and seeing how extraordinary her life is, I can see where the concern lies. I hope that the showrunners will take care to make sure that their Young Cho is a young woman that lives up to her namesake.

Extra: young cho survived and her husband was killed. She is still alive but due to an accident she lost her eyesight and 70% of her brain capacity, she’s been receiving life long treatment

• Extra: young cho survived and her husband was killed. She is still alive but due to an accident she lost her eyesight and 70% of her brain capacity, she’s been receiving life long treatment

She is such a brave soul! Unfortunately even in these days we still fight for democracy.

May her legacy not be tarnished!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!