BTS’s Taehyung is receiving backlash for posting Mcdonalds on his IG

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

thoughts? pepe-ooh

• I may be wrong but to me it sounds like he wants to leave hybe but hybe wants to ruin his reputation first :meme-stare: . Looks like the premices of that.

Hybe (allegedly) using the palestinien cause to trash someone's rep for their media play could be their lowest of low yet.

Utterly shocking and disgusting. But not so surprising knowing that the one and only confirmed zionist supporter in that building is nobody else but f*cking Bang Trash <X.

i can’t imagine the amount of harrassement V might get from them if he does so and leaves.

how will the 'armies' react then uh??

Tatiana's sig

Edited 3 times, last by Tatiana1820 ().

• I'm sorry to say this, but nobody is obligated to know which brand is funding wars and what not.

Are wars absolutely terrible? Yes! But 90% of the population that aren't affected directly by it are just living their lives like always, humans are like this and while it may sound heartless it is how life is.

I don't think he knows what McDonald is doing neither is his obligation to be an active voice just bc he has Muslim fans... Like I don't expect kpop idols to know about Brazil's problems neither I think they would purposely post something to hurt us. Kpop fans trying to demonize idols in a situation like this is pretty much fucked up imo.

I pray wars stop, but I won't hold idols accountable for posting about x o y brand neither will I expect them to openly support one or the other side bc this isn't a kpop problem. This is politics and we should demand from them a solution.

Is it remarkable when a famous person support one side? It is, but it's not something to expect from others bc x o y did it. In the end I'm sure he isn't happy with what's happening in the world and I doubt he is a bad person.

And I'm sorry if I offended some Muslims here, but I don't think it's right to demonize idols in matters as serious as wars when it's way more complex than a sns post. Sorry.

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• I think it's deserved cause it's not that damn hard to not consume or promote McDonalds and other brands on the boycott list. And I say this as someone who used to love McDonalds but since almost one year I haven't eaten there. And aside from a few cosmetic products from L'Oréal which I haven't found a replacement for I try to avoid anything that supports Israel. I don't get how anybody can be this dumb. Does he live behind a rock or what is the reason? Or did McDonalds pay him money to post this? Of course stopping to use products on the boycott list won't stop the genocide but with his big following promoting McDonalds is just wrong. And even if he doesn't give a damn about palestine with his action he also brougt his whole band in a negative situation. Cause until how they were seen kind of neutral toward this whole situation. But now they will be seen as israel supporters.

• I may be wrong but to me it sounds like he wants to leave hybe but hybe wants to ruin his reputation first :meme-stare: . Looks like the premices of that.

i can’t imagine the amount of harrassement he might get from them if he does so.

how will the 'armies' react then uh??

I know you don't like HYBE, but its Tae who posted those photos because he was active in his IG stories and talked about his trip to Hawaii.

Imo, it's better to educate them than to lash out/harass them.

• I don't think it deserves backlash but when you have 65 million followers you have to be very careful about what you post ;judgingpepe: That's unprofessional. I suppose that for big artist like that a lot of people must reviews every post before their publication to avoid such situations. Don't know how it's possible to make such an error

• All this idols promoting all this boycotting list brand do not care

I don't know why people just don't see it for what it

This, rose with puma, aespa with mc too, nj and coca cola

They don't give a shit bc they are rich

They will get their check and go, people losing their lives means nothing to them

• I was ready to have a serious conversation about this but OP stanning a group who is actively promoting McDonald's and Coca Cola while making this thread. The trifling audacity and hypocrisy is wild.

Maybe it's time I stop minding my business and start posting every other idols scandals.

• I think it's deserved cause it's not that damn hard to not consume or promote McDonalds and other brands on the boycott list. And I say this as someone who used to love McDonalds but since almost one year I haven't eaten there. And aside from a few cosmetic products from L'Oréal which I haven't found a replacement for I try to avoid anything that supports Israel. I don't get how anybody can be this dumb. Does he live behind a rock or what is the reason? Or did McDonalds pay him money to post this? Of course stopping to use products on the boycott list won't stop the genocide but with his big following promoting McDonalds is just wrong. And even if he doesn't give a damn about palestine with his action he also brougt his whole band in a negative situation. Cause until how they were seen kind of neutral toward this whole situation. But now they will be seen as israel supporters.

It's not impossible to not know about this. I definitely didn't even know that there was a boycott list, but that's because I'm rarely on social media and i doubt that the news in general has a specific list to boycott. I had no idea that McDonald's was doing anything. It's not impossible that Tae didn't know about this. Maybe it's not very prevalent in Korea. Besides, he's in the military rn. I might be wrong, but their phone time is probably very limited. Everyone knows about Gaza, but knowing the details of which companies are involved is probably not very common knowledge.

Edit: To add, I'm not saying that news about Gaza is not prevalent in Korea, I'm saying that the news about which specific companies are involved is probably not common knowledge.

• Most people don't genuinely care because the post already has 7.3 million likes in 10 hours.

• I was ready to have a serious conversation about this but OP stanning a group who is actively promoting McDonald's and Coca Cola while making this thread. The trifling audacity and hypocrisy is wild.

Maybe it's time I stop minding my business and start posting every other idols scandals.

and have i ever said i support that?

+ this isn’t a company or contract thing, it’s a personal endorsement which is different.

i also didn’t even share an inflammatory opinion, i just saw the discourse being discussed online and was curious what people on here had to say.

but of course your lack of emotional maturity proves itself yet again because you can’t understand nuance and your brain can only comprehend back and fourth fanwar dynamics like clockwork.

• It's not impossible to not know about this. I definitely didn't even know that there was a boycott list, but that's because I'm rarely on social media and i doubt that the news in general has a specific list to boycott. I had no idea that McDonald's was doing anything. It's not impossible that Tae didn't know about this. Maybe it's not very prevalent in Korea. Besides, he's in the military rn. I might be wrong, but their phone time is probably very limited. Everyone knows about Gaza, but knowing the details of which companies are involved is probably not very common knowledge.

Edit: To add, I'm not saying that news about Gaza is not prevalent in Korea, I'm saying that the news about which specific companies are involved is probably not common knowledge.

It depends on the country I guess. We don't have a boycott from where I live.

• Most idols either do not know or do not care and honestly, kpop idols are a weird direction to look at for activism anyway. Most of them are repping brands financially contributing to Israel in one way or another (ie every LVMH ambassador)

I hope this means that fandom will stop acting like a moral authority and hating on every other idol in the name of "activism" now

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• I don't care what YOU do. You're irrelevant to me. It's the fact that you are posting this thread knowing you stan a group that gets PAID to promote Coca Cola and McDonalds. You do not know the meaning of the word "hypocrisy" why couldn't it have been a once troll? At least they can stand on some type of moral ground because Twice has never promoted Coca Cola or Mcdonald's.

But yes I will start showing emotional maturity from now on with everyone's favs.

• I don't care what YOU do. You're irrelevant to me. It's the fact that you are posting this thread knowing you stan a group that gets PAID to promote Coca Cola and McDonalds. You do not know the meaning of the word "hypocrisy" why couldn't it have been a once troll? At least they can stand on some type of moral ground because Twice has never promoted Coca Cola or Mcdonald's.

But yes I will start showing emotional maturity from now on with everyone's favs.

thanks for entirely proving my point.

i have nothing left to say to you :pepe-spray:

• thanks for entirely proving my point.

i have nothing left to say to you :pepe-spray:

Maybe next time CALL out New Jeans and make a thread for them still promoting these brands while collecting a fat check. Let's not be hypocrites either. :pepe-spray:

• listen, I support the boycott, but imo as long as they aren't blatantly supporting the gncd like Eric nam was is whatever. Not everyone is updated with the bds list.

From I saw in Twitter, people hate on the celebs more than the band itself

• It depends on the country I guess. We don't have a boycott from where I live.

Oh. Good to know. I do personally think that unless you’re proficient in English it’s pretty hard to be up to date with whatever is the most prominent in social media. And neither the boys nor I belong to a country where English is the first language.

• tbh, in South korea and many south east asian countries, where the mulism is not majority, people dont really care about what happened in Gaza and Israel. I even remembered read a article about neighbours in Korea prevent from building the pray temple for Mulism foreigners.

• Surprised why New Jeans fans here are so quiet when New Jeans are literally advertising for MacDonalds??!!

y’all are too funny.

i didn’t even share a single opinion on here.

i just saw the discourse on twitter and realized it wasn’t posted on here yet.

and i’m a curious bitch so i wanted to see what akp users had to say ;judgingpepe:

contrary to what y’all believe, i don’t even have a negative view of taehyung in this situation.

• tbh, in South korea and many south east asian countries, where the mulism is not majority, people dont really care about what happened in Gaza and Israel. I even remembered read a article about neighbours in Korea prevent from building the pray temple for Mulism foreigners.

The majority of East Asians except the communist ones literally support Israel and they always protest Muslim refugees and mosques being built

• Well said. They promote in Japan which killed their own people and has a right wing that still denies atrocities to Koreans, so why would they care of other ethnicities when only making money is the priority

• The majority of East Asians except the communist ones literally support Israel and they always protest Muslim refugees and mosques being built

How supportive are Muslim countries really to Palestinian? The way they keep Palestinian refugees out of their countries is a case in point. To them, Israel is there to keep a check on Palestine. Here you are commenting about East Asians on the other side of the world???!

• If the number of children slaughtered every day doesn't affect him them nothing ever will.

Moments like these make me feel so thankful that I'm not a fan of such people.

External Content youtu.be

• The least he could do is to stay out of it.

There's no way that they don't know what's going on in Palestine.

• How supportive are Muslim countries really to Palestinian? The way they keep Palestinian refugees out of their countries is a case in point. To them, Israel is there to keep a check on Palestine. Here you are commenting about East Asians on the other side of the world???!

Muslim countries can’t do much when they are either destroyed thanks to America or their leadership is scared they will get the Saddam and Gadaffi treatment by the US. Turkey has already taken a lot of refugees

• people are so dumb these days with all these stupid outrages over nothing

People being slaughtered by an illegal terrorist organisation called izrael that gets some of it's money used to kill innocent people, from such brands is not nothing.

Wiping out an entire city is not nothing.

Killing over 180,000 people especially children is not nothing.

Only an animal would see it as nothing.

• I bet the backlash towards him won’t be even 1% as much as it was for somi.

The backlash against him is going to be way higher than the one for the Blackpink members, New Jeans or NCT who are actively getting paid by those brands.

People are picking and choosing when to attack idols, at the beginning more idols got attacked but in recent months these fake woke activist were completely ignoring all the idols who have been promoting the brand ever other week.

Today, they decided to be fake woke again, even on AKP noone was making post about this topic for months.

Let's see how far does hypocrisy runs

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• Kpop fans are stupid and this is just another proof of it. This "guilty by association" thing that kpop stans always like to push has always been stupid. Seriously if you are not directly affected by something, it is normal for you to not care about what's happening in the world.

• Yup. It's pretty bold for him to do this in personal account, not even shading. It's a big freaking M.

Either he is that clueless or he is just mocking his majority fans.

:pepepizza:

• This thread contains 150 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!