What do you think the 4th Generation of K-Pop will be remembered for?

• THIS. BG are so irrelevant these days it's embarrassing. Even dating back to 3rd gen BTS barely had any competition - whereas GG has always been a bloodbath, 2022 accentuated that even more.

thinking about that, youre kind of right. agreed, BGs tend to be not much competition as in GGs these days..I dont know a lot of boy groups, but I never saw such a huge influx in competition or tension in groups like Exo, TXT, Ateez, Stray Kids, BTS like you mentioned etc. they tend to be more chill

i feel like the girl idols were in competition in looks, fashion, attitude, etc, or at least that is what the media portrayed

Signed by Fabiana ~

tumblr_nrxfzjthYy1tefqylo1_r1_500.gif

• thinking about that, youre kind of right. agreed, BGs tend to be not much competition as in GGs these days..I dont know a lot of boy groups, but I never saw such a huge influx in competition or tension in groups like Exo, TXT, Ateez, Stray Kids, BTS like you mentioned etc. they tend to be more chill

i feel like the girl idols were in competition in looks, fashion, attitude, etc, or at least that is what the media portrayed

I remember 2nd gen that shit was restless. Bigbang & EXO fanwars were crazyyy. And Fandoms didn't homogeneous like it did with 3rd gen

• I remember 2nd gen that shit was restless. Bigbang & EXO fanwars were crazyyy. And Fandoms didn't homogeneous like it did with 3rd gen

oh really?? i am not in the bgs fandoms so i just assumed from what i saw on the sidelines, thank you for telling me! i was not around for 2nd gen, i was young haha. i was around for 3rd gen and foward.

Signed by Fabiana ~

• oh really?? i am not in the bgs fandoms so i just assumed from what i saw on the sidelines, thank you for telling me! i was not around for 2nd gen, i was young haha. i was around for 3rd gen and foward.

I actually missed out on all of 3rd gen and good chunk of 4th coz Bigbang & 2NE1 was the only thing I cared about from like 9-13😅 It was lowkey so hard to be invested during that time when BTS,BP,Twice were all the rave especially amongst your friends. That's what happens when you peak too early - Depression :pepe-shame:

I'm assuming that's what Blinks are going thru atm XD

• Me and yama share the same passion for arguing to defend our faves honor so we get along in an odd way but we respect each other... In an odd way but yea

respect???

with friends who respect each other like that who needs enemies!!! lol

• I actually missed out on all of 3rd gen and good chunk of 4th coz Bigbang & 2NE1 was the only thing I cared about from like 9-13😅 It was lowkey so hard to be invested during that time when BTS,BP,Twice were all the rave especially amongst your friends. That's what happens when you peak too early - Depression :pepe-shame:

I'm assuming that's what Blinks are going thru atm XD

Oh do not worry! What I cared during 3rd gen was Red Velvet and early 3rd gen of AOA. My ultimate bias is still Shin Jimin to this day, she is my lesbian dream..

I remember the rise of Red Velvet too, especially Korean fans online. Many praised Irene for her cold visuals but sweet attitude, a bit timid lol. I fell in love~ I also liked Yeri's hair in Russian Roulette back then idk why i noticed that so heavily

No but, i did not have many kpop fans back then. I saw many early tiktoks in maybe 2019-2020 of Twice accounts and Blackpink, especially with BP's comeback 'How You Like That'. I remember sitting on the floor with the same old laptop I use to this day (lol) watching the livestream go crazy on youtube.

Haha, maybe we peaked a little too early >.<

Blinks going thru a lot xD

Signed by Fabiana ~

• Their stunted potential due to Covid. I think some of the earlier groups (GIDLE, SKZ, ATEEZ, LOONA, TXT, ITZY) could have been even more popular if they had gotten the chance to promote themselves more at fanmeetings & festivals for their first 2-3 years in the industry.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• THIS. BG are so irrelevant these days it's embarrassing. Even dating back to 3rd gen BTS barely had any competition - whereas GG has always been a bloodbath, 2022 accentuated that even more.

BTS is an anomaly in every sense imo. Out of every group that debuted that year, I believe that they're the ONLY group that is still active today. Sure, they had competition once they started selling like a Big 3 group, but as rookies, there was nobody that debuted in 2013-2014 that was really matching their impact besides maybe GOT7 and Winner.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!