What do you think the 4th Generation of K-Pop will be remembered for?

• The First Generation is what got the industry started. They're the ones who laid the foundation for the future generations, and they will always be revered and respected by the people who can appreciate their legendary careers. Without their contributions, K-Pop as we know it may never exist.

The Second Generation is most directly associated with the rapid rise and expansion of the Hallyu Wave alongside K-Dramas. This is the generation that was first able to grab listeners and fans beyond the borders of Korea.

The Third Generation took the baton from Second Generation and successful accelerated the globalization of K-Pop, but especially in the West. Where all their predecessors made a small ripple at best in the West, this generation finally made a big splash and opened doors in the U.S. that it had previously seemed would be closed forever.

What will Fourth Generation be remembered for, when people reflect on their era years later?

• Fraudulence, as the most fraudulent and fake part of kpop history that failed on keep expanding what 3rd gen built, where companies where trying their utmost best to commit more fraud than the others in order to make their groups reach the top artificially. 6 years since the gen started and no a single girl group has managed to replace twice's crown on japan? Just a pity and hollow page on kpop history.

• good ass music, fake ass companies :meme-this-is-fine: (i forgot to quote)

Fraudulence, as the most fraudulent and fake part of kpop history that failed on keep expanding what 3rd gen built, where companies where trying their utmost best to commit more fraud than the others in order to make their groups reach the top artificially. 6 years since the gen started and no a single girl group has managed to replace twice's crown on japan? Just a pity and hollow page on kpop history.

8d1a5c11900c4156b1dc0a74a4d6c177f8d78a5a.gifv

(that one minjeong stan🤭)

• Imo "a filler generation", where the BG lost Korean GP, while the GG lack longevity.

You lost me in the second half.

I look at the charts, and I see NewJeans, aespa, IVE and (G)-IDLE. The last name on that list has a 4 album PAK streak going. The first name on that list is still the biggest group of their generation. The second name on that list has the biggest song of the year so far. And IVE are currently on a very successful world tour. Even LE SSERAFIM, despite all their controversies this year, are the second most streamed 4th gen girl group on Spotify.

Where's the drop-off in longevity?

• terrible vocals :meme-stare: .

crazy amount of sajaegi/payola X( .

an aging industry overall in a transitional phase that definitly needs younger more hip blood to take over such as mhj+teddy or smaller new agencies like attrakt etc.

jyp, yg, bsh and all this old ajjushis or compagnies? They're just reheating trends or their olders groups at this point.

NEXT.

• Fraudulence, as the most fraudulent and fake part of kpop history that failed on keep expanding what 3rd gen built, where companies where trying their utmost best to commit more fraud than the others in order to make their groups reach the top artificially. 6 years since the gen started and no a single girl group has managed to replace twice's crown on japan? Just a pity and hollow page on kpop history.

8u4t71.jpg

• Girl groups supremacy obviously

You know what. That's actually a damn good answer.

You may have just ended my thread in one reply, because I can't think of a better answer.

Would you like to go into a little more detail? :meme-side-eye:

??????????????

???????????????????????/

?????????????????????????????

if catzi and yama are getting along there's hope for MHJ and BSH too!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!