People were saying newjeans is flopping on Spotify?

• What's this :meme-wink:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What's this :meme-wink:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There's the full list I was looking for.

This has earned you several points with the Tokki Council thebadguy

Any group can have a viral song. Ask Momoland. Ask Brave Girls.

But sustained excellence and dominance is the true sign of greatness. And I don't want to see anyone downplaying this, since Blinks and NJ antis spent literally all of 2023 bragging about how BP was the most streamed act on Spotify without releasing new music.

:meme-wink:

• Blackpink is the most streamed girl group in 2023 and in 2024 too they are most streamed girl group since last six months new jeans only crossed them because they released new music don't talk like you didn't know why blackpink is in second place it's been 2 years blackpink release new music in that time new jeans release 15 new songs if I am not wrong.

• But sustained excellence and dominance is the true sign of greatness. And I don't want to see anyone downplaying this, since Blinks and NJ antis spent literally all of 2023 bragging about how BP was the most streamed act on Spotify without releasing new music.

Blinks will stream bp back to #1 just like they did last year

But can tokkis stream this to success?

IMG_6454.jpeg

I don’t think so ;(

• Blackpink is the most streamed girl group in 2023 and in 2024 too they are most streamed girl group since last six months new jeans only crossed them because they released new music don't talk like you didn't know why blackpink is in second place it's been 2 years blackpink release new music in that time new jeans release 15 new songs if I am not wrong.

They are literally not the most streamed girl group in 2024. You have the numbers staring you right in the face.

They also had way more songs collecting streams in 2023 than NewJeans and just barely held them off. NewJeans had the second biggest year in history on Spotify in 2023.

Now this year NewJeans is ahead, and they've only released two new songs, both of which are not even a month old.

BLACKPINK's revolution is over.

• They don't seem that dominant, the race is still on as I see it. Might change with another group's comeback.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• You know that NJ surpassed BP just few days ago right? stop acting like the streams between other ggs are something huge or untouchable lol

• Illit and Babymonster are surprisingly close each other

Le Sserafim will most likely have another comeback second half this year and surpass NJ

No one talking about this lol, but Le Sserafim definitely has a chance to surpass it if their upcoming comeback did extremely well. They are coming for 1B streams soon, which is surprising. Easy, Smart, PN run did kind of got affected in streams earlier this year due to multiple scandal and global competition, but regardless, they are still going strong.

:pepe-notes:

• A group doesn't release a single song since last 2 years have same streams as a group has release more than dozen songs in that time span. that too you claimed they are most dominant girl group of kpop beating every kpop girl group.

• A group doesn't release a single song since last 2 years have same streams as a group has release more than dozen songs in that time span. that too you claimed they are most dominant girl group of kpop beating every kpop girl group.

BLACKPINK has 3x as many songs collecting streams.

NewJeans was barely behind them in 2023, despite only having 12 streams to their name.

When you see these numbers, they represent how much people are listening to their entire discography, not just new songs.

NewJeans was breathing right down BLACKPINK's necks, before they released new songs. And in fact, NewJeans passed them earlier this year once before.

The fact these two groups are trading back and forth like this is already a win for NewJeans, because they're the only girl group in the world that can challenge and even surpass BLACKPINK on Spotify and Billboard, something Blinks thought was impossible prior to their arrival.

TL;DR: NEWJEANS IS THE REVOLUTION :meme-elmo-fire:

• You know that NJ surpassed BP just few days ago right? stop acting like the streams between other ggs are something huge or untouchable lol

Let me show you something.

Screenshot-2024-05-26-202307

You see this?

NewJeans have lapped their peers in total Spotify streams, even though they're the youngest group and have the least songs.

There is no comparison there.

But what I really want you to think about is the BP/NJ numbers.

NewJeans already have 1/3rd of BLACKPINK's total streams even though they've been active for less than 1/4th the time BLACKPINK has been active.

They are breaking Guinness records for Spotify streams every time they hit the next billion mark.

Now, what does that tell us about the long term projections of what their numbers will look like when they're 5 or 6 years old?

They'll be the top group, and it won't even be close.

• Blackpink have got 97% of all their streams after two years of their career. If NewJeans can get 97% as well, that is equal to 140B more streams in the next 6 years. Lets see, if can they do that.

• I don't think getting barely 100M of streams more than washed up sinking ship twice is something to be proud off, if the hybe vs ador thing never happened newjeans could be comfortably sitting above 1.5B on 2024 by this time, so these results are not good, there is the possibility of smart, easy, supernova and armageddon ending with more streams than how sweet, this fall off from the top is not something positive at all. I think lesserafim will end as the most streamed girl group this year and will cause an awakening in a lot of people.

• Checking on the competence for more streamed girl group songs on 2024 magnetic is locked in to end #1 with a HUGE margin, how sweet will have trouble making into the top 7, with smart, easy, sheesh, supernova and armaggedon all having possibilities to end above. And we don't know how lesserafim and illit next hits will perform, in the next 6 months we will probably discussing how newjeans barely made into the top 10 most streamed, damn... I didn't stop to check how bad their situation was until now.

• I was talking about 2024 streams not total but you don't want to notice that lol

"they' ll be top group" is definitely future context and they still are top group, I think you mean top group to top blackpink lmao

• Starship needs to figure out how to buy more spotify streams.

• I was talking about 2024 streams not total but you don't want to notice that lol

"they' ll be top group" is definitely future context and they still are top group, I think you mean top group to top blackpink lmao

BLACKPINK (inactive) are no longer the top group.

Last song was in 2022, and we're halfway through 2024, fam. They're as much the top group as SNSD and S.E.S. at this point.

• I don't think getting barely 100M of streams more than washed up sinking ship twice is something to be proud off, if the hybe vs ador thing never happened newjeans could be comfortably sitting above 1.5B on 2024 by this time, so these results are not good, there is the possibility of smart, easy, supernova and armageddon ending with more streams than how sweet, this fall off from the top is not something positive at all. I think lesserafim will end as the most streamed girl group this year and will cause an awakening in a lot of people.

Keep coping while your favs fade into oblivion :drinktears:

• Not if their future songs chart like How sweet and Bubblegum pepe-ooh

• External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Hiding Tryinh Not To Laugh GIF - Hiding Tryinh Not To Laugh Haha GIFs

• ^ glad they doing ok locally.

Not that they are flopping in Global Spotify, but while everyone else has gone up in streams, they dropped 62% because of MHJ.

MHJ is obviously the problem. In the previous 2 years, she just wasn't able to convert casuals to "brainless" die-hard MHJ fans.

• ^ glad they doing ok locally.

Not that they are flopping in Global Spotify, but while everyone else has gone up in streams, they dropped 62% because of MHJ.

MHJ is obviously the problem. In the previous 2 years, she just wasn't able to convert casuals to "brainless" die-hard MHJ fans.

What is the 1st day unfiltered debut stats of everyone this year, I think it is 1.9M for newjeans and 800K for ive, but can't remember the exact figures

• What is the 1st day unfiltered debut stats of everyone this year, I think it is 1.9M for newjeans and 800K for ive, but can't remember the exact figures

I don't track unfiltered streams unless they don't chart. You might be able to search twitter to get the unfiltered.

Day 1 or 2 Peak = base support

1. Illit Magnetic - 2.16M (filtered day 2, 2.1M playlist reach)

2. Le serrafim Easy - 2.09M (filtered day 2, 7.3M playlist reach)

3. Aespa Supernova - 2.03M (filtered day 2, 7.4M playlist reach)

4. Baby Monster Sheesh - 1.76M (filtered day 1 result since day 2 lower, 2.25M playlist reach)

5. New Jeans How Sweet - 1,64M (filtered day 1 result since day 2 lower, 27.3M playlist reach)

7. Kiss of Life - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,206,314 (unfiltered)

* 8. Ive Heya - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,129,108 (unfiltered)

9. Gidle Super Lady - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,115,268 (unfiltered)

• People wants to shame nayeon for [checks notes] doing better than ive and gidle and still getting one of the biggest debuts this year, just unserious people

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!