Will ‘Supernatural’ or ‘Right Now’ by NewJeans hit #1?

• Depends on the song. If it’s good they’ll do well. Korean charting is fair play for everyone. Korea loves GG’s and the top 4/5 GGs are all at about the same level and all have the same chance to have a hit.

Spotify on the other hand we should see if they’ll ever be able to match their previous numbers and that’s more interesting.

• Ugh. Why did you make this? Let them sweat and nervously bite their nails down to the quick.

We all know what's about to happen, and I'm coming for blood when it does.

I had a way more antagonistic version of this thread in the lab. I'm upset. :meme-disappointed:

• Also.

Depends on the song. If it’s good they’ll do well. Korean charting is fair play for everyone. Korea loves GG’s and the top 4/5 GGs are all at about the same level and all have the same chance to have a hit.

Spotify on the other hand we should see if they’ll ever be able to match their previous numbers and that’s more interesting.

Clueless.

Korean charts numbers are boring and expected from a dominating top group, but they should overtake Supernova or this site won't let bunnies live. By the time they release the tracks, Supernova would have slowed down with its unique listeners, so it's much easier to do it, and they will achieve PAK even this time. 4/4 songs within top 5 on charts are given too, which is a much bigger dominating pie than a single big hit. Let be real, they still rule South Korea over every 4th and 5th gen groups there.

Globally however is a much more important question, they should do better than Supernova peak at least to get back on track. If they continue to not do the expected numbers of a top group, they won't be seen as a top group over others. Also, how much willing Hybe be with investing, as not all resources will be allocated to Ador as much any more over the other labels as before.

Salty.

ILLIT will never be half as successful as peak NewJeans.

Yeah, I'm max petty tonight

• Salty.

ILLIT will never be half as successful as peak NewJeans.

Yeah, I'm max petty tonight

What does this had to do with Illit? Even if Illit comeback does bigger globally, they will be seen as the next big group as the ranking goes up. It's simple as that. :/

• Korea charts are basically which company wants to "market" it more. SM may be happy with being #1 for a month, or they might want it longer.

International charts are too big, so it depends on the fandom size for the initial couple of days and after that the song quality. Everyone is playing on a level field in terms of marketing.

• If they flop on Spotify even if they get a PAK people will continue to ridicule and question them and won’t accept any of their previous records as being legitimate. I know that’s hard to hear but that’s what people are going to do.

• What does this had to do with Illit? Even if their comeback does bigger globally, they will be seen as the next big group as the ranking goes up. It's simple as that. :/

I see through your seemingly innocuous but duplicitous comments. You can't fool me ;judgingpepe:

I know what you want to say but are afraid to admit.

Stop hiding and just admit you want ILLIT to supplant and replace NewJeans.

So I can tell you it will NEVER happen. :pepegrin:

• If they flop on Spotify even if they get a PAK people will continue to ridicule and question them and won’t accept any of their previous records as being legitimate. I know that’s hard to hear but that’s what people are going to do.

randostan be waiting like

black-wrestler.gif

People are stupid.

Twice never reached their 2016 digital peaks again, and Cheer Up is BY FAR the biggest hit of their careers. Were they flops and frauds all the years following that?

As usual, your logic sucks. Stay out of the girl group zone.

• Illit is a 5th gen group, and how could they replace NewJeans lmao ^^

But if NJ doesn't bring in those global numbers, most Hybe girl groups will replace them with aespa, Babymonster on the other side. I still place NJ above overall as their disco still have best streaming figures than rest of the ggs. Illit will speed run top 5 within 5th gen though, and they already got their mega optimus Magnetic early in their career, and probably peaked with that globally.

:pepe-popcorn:

• Where's the Nihongo?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Basically yes. Its like people are celebrating Sistar level success in 2024. Good in Korea in almost empty house, because the only other group Aespa has beat in the last 12 months is Lsf, is Sistar 2024.

The action and most of the money is global, so Spotify is the benchmark.

• Basically yes. Its like people are celebrating Sistar level success in 2024. Good in Korea in almost empty house, because the only other group Aespa has beat in the last 12 months is Lsf, is Sistar 2024.

You post the most meaningless word vomit on this entire forum and nobody cares what you think.

Come to the Megathread, so I can tell you how I really feel without consequence.

NewJeans is currently the most streamed girl group on Spotify. More than BLACKPINK.

You haters live in a deluded fantasy where they're not the top group by miles.

• People are stupid.

Twice never reached their 2016 digital peaks again, and Cheer Up is BY FAR the biggest hit of their careers. Were they flops and frauds all the years following that?

As usual, your logic sucks. Stay out of the girl group zone.

Twice was so dominant in sales it’s not even comparable. This era is different where many groups sell so they are evaluated differently. The fact that you think GG’s of every gen will be evaluated the same is hilarious. Goal posts keep changing with every era. For new jeans no one will consider them anything #1 if they do not see their same heights they saw on Spotify pre HYBE. This is different from having a peak because people think new jeans past performance is fake.

If they had touring to fall back on maybe they’ll be in consideration since they don’t have that, this is how they’ll be undoubtedly evaluated.

• Since NewJeans are a joke flop group now, do you think theyll be able to hold up to Armagaeddon/Supernova?

I dont think they're a joke group for sure or even a flop. They underperformed so far, their ULs are comparable to IIIIIT, Fate, and Bibi, and below Jennie and Aespa. Nowhere near the dominance of last year, they are down 25 percent from Supershy last summer, although other groups like Ive have suffered much worse declines (from 580k down to 310k peaks).

I think Sweet can still get a PAK/RAK since it came out a couple weeks after Supernova (i think ULs fall a lot after 30 days on Melon and Supernova is getting the brunt of this right now with noticeable UL declines all the way down to 413k ish from a peak of 478k). Sweet needs to make a move in the next two weeks before it too suffers a decline in ULs when it hits 30 days. It's holding at 360k ish.

All in all, i think NJ not only DIDNT benefit from the GP "rallying" around them and siding with MHJ as predicted by 100000000 Knetz, they also seemed to be hurt by the scandal. Anti-Hybe mediaplay on Knetz forums might have made everyone think that the Korean GP was on NJ side but this is far from actual reality.

Still, they are ahead of Aespa in terms of total body of work and ahead of Ive as well given Ive's horrendous declines since I AM.

• Where's the Nihongo?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I am pretty sure I heard an 1 minute long snippet that was in Japanese. Unless Ador release a Korean version at the same time, but that kinda lose the meaning and diminish their Japanese debut.

• Basically yes. Its like people are celebrating Sistar level success in 2024. Good in Korea in almost empty house, because the only other group Aespa has beat in the last 12 months is Lsf, is Sistar 2024.

Idk what you said here but yes indeed for new jeans in particular Spotify will be a huge factor in decoding of people will still consider them undisputedly #1.

• Twice was so dominant in sales it’s not even comparable. This era is different where many groups sell so they are evaluated differently. The fact that you think GG’s of every gen will be evaluated the same is hilarious. Goal posts keep changing with every era. For new jeans no one will consider them anything #1 if they do not see their same heights they saw on Spotify pre HYBE. This is different from having a peak because people think new jeans past performance is fake.

If they had touring to fall back on maybe they’ll be in consideration since they don’t have that, this is how they’ll be undoubtedly emulated.

Stopped reading after the first sentence. Running to hide your bad opinions behind caveats and shifted goal posts is a fool's game.

We're talking digitals; streaming. I don't give a damn about album sales.

Your logic is flawed and fallacious. If we subscribe to it, as dubious and specious as it is, then post 2016 Twice are frauds since they came nowhere close to those digital peaks again.

But that would be a stupid argument. Just like yours. I beg you. Stick to boy groups. Your arguments and opinions on girl groups are so bad. It's like you sped read through a couple Wikipedia articles and stan twitter accounts and consider yourself a credible subject matter experts.

Stop.

I will debate you no further.

• Megathread and here is no different. We aren't going any harder there than here.

Added: Its just the mods can't be bothered looking at every post that crybabies were reporting there anymore, because there were too many crybabies there.

So what I posting is the same as what I've posted previously. When NJ were #1, when I posted the same thing about another group, you weren't crying or saying it was incorrect. Kpop has changed and is global now compared to 10 years ago when money came from just Korea and for some groups Japan. Yeah coming #1 in Korea is nice, but big picture it means nothing now, unless your flopping globally.

Added: I don't consider NJ flopping globally because they are charting in Spotify Global.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Whether you like it or not album sales mattered more then to determine who is on top. just because you close your eyes and pretend it doesn’t it won’t change reality. 3rd Gen saw the resurgence of sales and it was a HUGE deal to sell.

Now it is seen as something everyone can do and reduced in importance.

Ofc goal posts change that’s such a common sense because eras are different. What’s important in this era is distinctly different from what’s important previously. Like this doesn’t even have to be said anyone with a pea sized brain knows and understands this.

• Koreans have coined the phrase "The World is NewJeans" but some ignorant and/or until uninformed haters think deluding themselves on AKP will somehow alter the reality of their dominance.

Brace yourselves for next week.

Can't wait to see your reactions when you realize you've all been obsessing over the "Cookie" and "Hurt" of this song rollout. :meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

• Whether you like it or not album sales mattered more then to determine who is on top. just because you close your eyes and pretend it doesn’t it won’t change reality. 3rd Gen saw the resurgence of sales and it was a HUGE deal to sell.

Now it is seen as something everyone can do and reduced in importance.

Ofc goal posts change that’s such a common sense because eras are different. What’s important in this era is distinctly different from what’s important previously. Like this doesn’t even have to be said anyone with a pea sized brain knows and understands this.

:meme-bugs-no::meme-kek:

Megathread and here is no different. We aren't going any harder there than here.

So what I posting is the same as what I've posted previously. When NJ were #1, when I posted the same thing about another group, you weren't crying or saying it was incorrect. Kpop has changed and is global now compared to 10 years ago when money came from just Korea and for some groups Japan. Yeah coming #1 in Korea is nice, but big picture it means nothing now, unless your flopping globally.

:meme-mmm-tea::meme-keep-out::meme-lying:

• Koreans have coined the phrase "The World is NewJeans" but some ignorant and/or until uninformed haters think deluding themselves on AKP will somehow alter the reality of their dominance.

Can't wait to see your reactions when you realize you've all been obsessing over the "Cookie" and "Hurt" of this song rollout. :meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

If you're always humble, you'll never have to be humbled

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

Edited once, last by DaisyTheGenuine ().

What's happening next week? I thought they were rolling out Japanese songs? Are you saying these JPN songs are gonna outchart Sweet/Supernova? I know they have some collab going on with a famous Japanese person but is this person popular in Korea?

• If you're always humbled, you'll never have to be humbled

Okay, Kendrick. Except it's literally impossible for me to be humbled over my K-Pop takes. I know I'm right, but also know I won't lose a wink of sleep if I'm wrong. I will not show grace to people who have a history of refusal to do the same.

I'm trying to show my benevolent heart by warning everyone not to celebrate early, because I know how the story ends.

Alas, in a week, people will either want to block me or avoid these forums altogether.

:meme-smirk:

• This thread contains 170 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!