Anyone else think BLACKPINK is never coming back as a group?

• Do you think BLACKPINK are done with actively promoting as a group? 86

The result is only visible to the participants.

I made a similar thread in the past asking when people thought they would return, but I'm going to inject a little more of my opinion in this one--I think they're done.

To be clear, I do not WANT them to be done, because I want all our great girl groups to stick around for a long time (I wish 2nd gen groups came back more often).

So let me cook for a bit.

I think they renewed as a group, not to doore group content but because they knew their individual projects might be damaged if people felt they were abandoning their group activities to do them.

Since they've all established their own labels and will do their solo work outside of YG, the latter has no control over their individual schedules whatsoever. There is literally zero reason NOT to renew and maintain the BLACKPINK name. There are zero downsides.

But honestly, the vibe I get from them is that they're over traditional idol life. Which is perfectly fine.

I think, at best, we can expect them to do a special release for the fans ala SNSD, but the group as we know it is retired, for all intents and purposes.

No group comeback since 2 years ago, and I highly doubt we see anything group wise by this time next year.

Do you agree?

• I wouldn't say never, but I don't see them doing anything as a group in the next 2-3 years. YG can't manage multiple groups, and now they have Babymon. Most of us see what happened with 2NE1 when they debuted BP. The same fate awaits for BP now. YG will use their name to make some money, but that's all. Or they will release some random Single every 3 years or another VR game concert. 😅

I think, at best, we can expect them to do a special release for the fans ala SNSD, but the group as we know it is retired, for all intents and purposes.

I don't thin something like that will ever happen. YG is not like SME, and SONE's are not like BLINKS.

I mean, look at 2NE1, 2 weeks till their 15th anniversary. Probably nothing will happen. For their 10th anniversary, they only did a Live show, I think.

• I think it's funny how non blinks are more worried about whether BP disbanded or not while blinks know that obviously the girls will focus on their solo careers this year and probably even next year before trying to release BP music bc under YGE they were going nowhere as a group or soloist like in releasing music so it was 10000x better to not renew individually and build their own solo fandom and strongly stablish themselves in the industry than to wait years and years of no music under YGE, something they already did in their 7 years there.

What I know is that I'm excited to see what soloist pinks have for the fans and people that like them.

𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• I think it's funny how non blinks are more worried about whether BP disbanded or not while blinks know that obviously the girls will focus on their solo careers this year and probably even next year before trying to release BP music bc under YGE they were going nowhere as a group or soloist like in releasing music so it was 10000x better to not renew individually and build their own solo fandom and strongly stablish themselves in the industry than to wait years and years of no music under YGE, something they already did in their 7 years there.

What I know is that I'm excited to see what soloist pinks have for the fans and people that like them.

I was the first public defender of BP against my fellow BlackJacks mere days after their debut.

I won't stand for this narrative that I'm some anti. I even went to their tour.

I have no agenda; I'm just opionating. I've said before that I would've been a Blink if YG didn't piss me off with how he betrayed BJs and unceremoniously put 2NE1 on the shelf, and he delayed BP so long that I ended up falling for another group while waiting.

Everything happens for a reason :pepe-shrug:

• Make this thread about mamamoo it’ll make more sense :suure:

Mamamoo aren't even having a comeback for their 10 year anniversary in 7 days.

I'm at peace with their current focus on individual activities. No point in making a thread.

I remember a Blink getting REALLY triggered when I said they are going to end up in the same situation MooMoos are with Mamamoo, and here we are.

• Still a non blink :pepe-shrug:

𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• Hi,

They're not done (at least that's how I feel about it today). I mentioned awhile ago that I thought they would come back sometime in 2025/2026.

IMO, I can even see them doing a group single release next year, promote the eff out of it and keep coming out with solo songs...it would be beneficial IMO --- they would be visible the whole year in some capacity.

-knysom

• Mamamoo aren't even having a comeback for their 10 year anniversary in 7 days.

I'm at peace with their current focus on individual activities. No point in making a thread.

I remember a Blink getting REALLY triggered when I said they are going to end up in the same situation MooMoos are with Mamamoo, and here we are.

"Current focus on individual activities."

:meme-dead-horse::meme-tiny-violin:

• never say never

but I think they will from now on be as SNSD

one 'special' comeback in 3-4 years

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Make this thread about mamamoo it’ll make more sense :suure:

BLINKS will never be in the same situation as Moomoos, because Mamamoo will always release music as a group. The 2 group is 100% different in every possible way. For Mamamoo members, the group is family and everything, but I don't think we could say the same about BP and the members. Also, BP has a disadvantage, YG never gonna give them the rights. While Mamamoo have a better chance to get everything from RBW.

The ONLY thing that holding them back is their solo career, mostly RBW, but Solar and Byul will leave the company next year, I'm 100% sure about that. Wheein already said, she wants another World Tour as a group, and we know if she wants something, she gets it.😂

Also, this is the first time in 10 year when they don't release anything as a group. So it's not even a debate which group has a better chance for a comeback.

• "Current focus on individual activities."

:meme-dead-horse::meme-tiny-violin:

All 4 of them releasing solo albums and doing solo World Tours, and will do something on their 10th anniversary as well. Not to mention other activities. For example, Solar is a Judge on Mate1 and was a main lead in another Musical.

You tried to be funny, but you failed. There's no other group who work harder and more than Mamamoo members.

• All 4 of them releasing solo albums and doing solo World Tours, and will do something on their 10th anniversary as well. Not to mention other activities. For example, Solar is a Judge on Mate1 and was a main lead in another Musical.

You tried to be funny, but you failed. There's no other group who work harder and more than Mamamoo members.

Mamamoo:

:meme-life-support:

David:

:meme-leave-britney-alone:

• Quote me when you finally understand what being successful means. :pepe-toast:

So you're a success stan, but you chose... Mamamoo, of all groups, to live vicariously through? Really? :watt:

Well, if we're going to play that game, my favorite groups are all more successful than Mamamoo, and more importantly, still active together.

:meme-mmm-tea:

• So you're a success stan, but you chose... Mamamoo, of all groups, to live vicariously through? Really? :watt:

Well, if we're going to play that game, my favorite groups are all more successful than Mamamoo, and more importantly, still active together.

Pal, successful, is not about streaming numbers, and they just finished their World Tour as the #1 best-selling girl group with a debut US tour. After 10 years, when they shouldn't be hyped anymore. And they're still active as a group.

I don't give a damn about success and hype. I chose to stan Mamamoo, because they're the best Kpop group, and I'm a multi-stan anyway. I stan more groups, than you could count.

List your faves!

• Pal, successful, is not about streaming numbers, and they just finished their World Tour as the #1 best-selling girl group with a debut US tour. After 10 years, when they shouldn't be hyped anymore. And they're still active as a group.

I don't give a damn about success and hype. I chose to stan Mamamoo, because they're the best Kpop group, and I'm a multi-stan anyway. I stan more groups, than you could count.

List your faves!

You clearly give several damns about success and hype, you're just bizarrely choosing to bet on a horse soon destined for the glue factory. :skull:

I said what I said.

• You clearly give several damns about success and hype, you're just bizarrely choosing to bet on a horse soon destined for the glue factory. :skull:

I said what I said.

That's not Mamamoo, even if you want to believe that. Those groups are: Blackpink, TWICE and other overhyped groups without any talent. Being mainstream won't last long, but talent will. That's what we call real success!

• This thread contains 144 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!