I think this is the beginning of the end of Hybe

• Min Heejin won this round but it is not the end of story. Hybe will fire the 2 directors at Ador on MHJ's side and put 3 of its own people , who will block everything she will do.

So a drawn out shitstorm , and the hostilities between bunnies vs fearnots&Illit fans, will continue, and like the Vietnam War, a long war of attrition. The North Vietnamese did win but its economy sucked very bad for the next 15 years, and it was the overseas Vietnamese, those South Vietnamese who fled the country around 1975, who were first to invest back to there. A story Pham Ngoc Han would be quite familiar with.

However, what has happened is it has given a justification to the heads of other labels to act according to what they feel like.

It showed Bang's multi label strategy has failed, since the courts showed that companies cannot fire label heads no matter what, and other label heads will be now reassessing their strategies.

And I think BTS, at least Taehyung, won't remain loyal to Bang for too long. I think RM and JK will stay loyal, but I cannot say the same for the other members. Taehyung will bolt out as soon as he can, ending BTS for all practical purposes. They would be angry that Bang spent the money they had earned were spent on frivolous projects, and after all these world conquest, they are still poorer than Lee Jieun who never really left Korea until this year. At least the individual members will demand the treatment MHJ got if Bang still wants them in the company.

Taehyung will ask the same arrangement Lee Jieun got from Kakao, becoming the owner of Yeontan Entertainment (Yeontan is the name of Taehyung's dog - I just picked an arbitrary name), Taehyung owning 30%, some proxy owning 30% and Hybe owning 40% of the stock. If Bang refuses Taehyung will walk out.

So much for those who failed arithmetic at grade school and thought BTS will have a 'longer career'. I don't see it continuing as we know it beyond 2027. They might meet again when they turn 50 or so, but I doubt they will be able to dance by that point of time.

Nobody is talking about the impact of this ruling over other heads of Hybe labels. They are now independent countries for all practical purposes, something Hybe will not be able to overturn. I think this is the beginning of the end of Hybe.

• There is no way that a single bts member is poorer than IU, it's illogical whyknock

That's what he tells himself every night to sleep well... Whyknock is a dumbass troll just acting like IU anti thinking no one can figure out what he actually means. No reasoning behind any of his posts other than propping up IU and downplaying everyone else while ignorantly being xenophobic...

• That's what he tells himself every night to sleep well... Whyknock is a dumbass troll just acting smart and IU anti, no reasoning behind any of his posts other than propping up IU and downplaying everyone else while ignorantly being xenophobic...

He has been doing this for so many years, being so dedicated that at this point I just respect and admire his dedication to the craft :meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

• The fact that mhj shooters are celebrating this as a W is hilarious, if they think hybe is sabotaging newjeans now with the little or just casualties that happened during newjeans how sweet, they have no idea what's coming :meme-erm:

It will be a drawn out shitshow, with no good outcome for everyone except maybe MHJ whose golden parachute might get bigger.

• There is no way that a single bts member is poorer than IU, it's illogical whyknock

IU has been clearing around 10m-20m every year since she has owned Edam Entertainment, plus no one is counting her share of Edam Entertainment.

She sold 7.5% of her Edam shares to Kakao for about $5m, and she now owns 44.5% of Edam , partially through her proxy. So that is about $29.5m

With that IU tops every single member of BTS.

• That's what he tells himself every night to sleep well... Whyknock is a dumbass troll just acting like IU anti thinking no one can figure out what he actually means. No reasoning behind any of his posts other than propping up IU and downplaying everyone else while ignorantly being xenophobic...

Fundamental difference

IU was an owner and still owns a significant portion of her company, and she can now pull a Min Heejin if she feels like.

BTS can't.

• Agreed. SM and JYP must be happy that Hybe is finally going down. Even though MHJ won, Hybe will never forgive her or ever treat new jeans well again. She has sabotaged the girls careers. I don't think new jeans will flop but they definitely won't do as well as before.

JYP now has its own problem on NMixx.

Only SM has won, since aespa has now recaptured the leader position of the 4th Gen.

• Interesting that you think RM and JK will stay loyal to the company. With HYBE's lost today, they might be second guessing things.

That company have always managed to make them sign their contract renewal early. With how bad HYBE handle things, just makes me wonder how.

• Interesting that you think RM and JK will stay loyal to the company. With HYBE's lost today, they might be second guessing things.

That company have always managed to make them sign their contract renewal early. With how bad HYBE handle things, just makes me wonder how.

The contracts are good until sometime in 2027. After that it is anyone's guess.

It is likely that RM convinced the others to enlist. Again, it would have been better for the younger three to ditch Korea forever after letting the contract run out.

The coalitions occurring in 2024 makes BTS largely irrelevant.

• It's the beginning of the end of Hybe girl group domination. They lasted at least two hot years.

Senior IU lasted even longer in the industry, I bet senior can run Hybe better.

Given Bibi creamed IU, unlikely.

That aside, it seems all three Hybe GGs will sink, and Hybe will probably release something new thru big hit.

• The fact that mhj shooters are celebrating this as a W is hilarious, if they think hybe is sabotaging newjeans now with the little or just casualties that happened during newjeans how sweet, they have no idea what's coming :meme-erm:

They won't try doing all that unless they really want to give an actual reason for mhj to report about mistreatment which will just lead them to more problems.

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

• Given Bibi creamed IU, unlikely.

That aside, it seems all three Hybe GGs will sink, and Hybe will probably release something new thru big hit.

I think Hybe should launch a GG making RnB. This is what is missing. They should also start signing soloists. Have some kind of indie label.

• Very possible,since Taehyung was sympathetic towards MHJ and is not happy with Hybe.

I do wonder how he feels now. Thinking how while she was working with him, she was plotting the end of his group.

I dont think he cares about Hybe but I believe he cares about the members and the group.

• I do wonder how he feels now. Thinking how while she was working with him, she was plotting the end of his group.

I dont think he cares about Hybe but I believe he cares about the members and the group.

Plotting the end of group because she asked her shaman friend about how high is the possibility of bts going to military 💀

• I do wonder how he feels now. Thinking how while she was working with him, she was plotting the end of his group.

Quite bad.

It seems he will trust nobody after he gets out, and will distance himself from everyone else he used to know during his BTS days, but not his actor friends like Park Seojun and Edward Choi since they have no conflict of interest with him.

He will probably become a full time actor, only releasing songs when he feels like it.

• IU has been clearing around 10m-20m every year since she has owned Edam Entertainment, plus no one is counting her share of Edam Entertainment.

She sold 7.5% of her Edam shares to Kakao for about $5m, and she now owns 44.5% of Edam , partially through her proxy. So that is about $29.5m

With that IU tops every single member of BTS.

Even if that perspective could seem logical at first glance when you consider the abysmal amount of money each act has made totally throws that narrative away. Bts were making 500-1000 millions of dollars per year each year, the amount of revenue bts members made out of it is simple insane. Bts members are richer than IU for sure.

• They won't try doing all that unless they really want to give an actual reason for mhj to report about mistreatment which will just lead them to more problems.

Is not that simple, just like mhj won in a technicality there is just so many ways to mess up their careers without repercussions that look rn, they already affected newjeans a lot by not flooding their single with a lot of playlisting like before and nobody can accuse them of sabotage for it. Companies mess up their artists careers by simple doing missteps that nobody can accuse of sabotage in court. Bsh was ready to put them in the dungeon for 1.5 years because they will search a grammy winning producer, a perfect excuse, get them in court for that is not plausible. Hybe and newjeans are in a game where hybe has all the cards, is essentially over.

• Even if that perspective could seem logical at first glance when you consider the abysmal amount of money each act has made totally throws that narrative away. Bts were making 500-1000 millions of dollars per year each year, the amount of revenue bts members made out of it is simple insane. Bts members are richer than IU for sure.

No one knows how much of such revenues they brought ended up on their hands.

However, whatever they get, they have to split it with 7 ways and they would have been lucky to get $25m each in their best years.

Forbes continued to list that their collective income was $50m, or about $7m, and it would have sources near Scooter Braun who would know more about this than others.

I would say that in 2020 and 21 they might have outearned the Senior Singer , but from 2022 that would not be the case.

• The possibility of the senior singer outriching the biggest kpop act in history while just being a local act really harmed the grow of kpop globally, but karma got her good because her downfall came from within korea and her personal circle.

• No one really have an idea how much BTS have earned. The only thing that is known is that they are paid 2.5m-4m USD per individual ad.

• "Bts were making 500-1000 millions of dollars per year each year" Dont you think its over expectation when their income up to 1B dollar.. Even Taylor Swift makes around 125M per year with her 1B revenue from concerts...

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!