So am I allowed to be happy about the huge swell of support NewJeans is receiving from the Korean public?

• *cues up Hype Boy*

There was some push back when I mentioned the way NewJeans is rocketing up the charts in one of my threads the other night, but I think there was a misunderstanding. Everyone likes to engage in revisionist history, but when this Hybe/MHJ feud started, and Hybe started media playing, NewJeans was getting a lot of hate from all sides.

There were articles calling them the next 50/50, there were completely unsubstantiated rumors about them and their parents trying to leave Hybe, and even an article taking an innocent post from Hyein, clearly meant to tease Haerin for both of them wearing the same outfit, and spinning it as shade at ILLIT--something we know upset Hyein so much she wanted to go live on Phoning to clear up the misunderstanding.

There was no shortage of people predicting their careers would never be the same or were heading for ruin. There was even an AKP thread about it. Gee, I wonder what got the most votes:

I guarantee when people voted they would be affected that most meant it negatively.

But look at this.

BunniesTaglist

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

And it's not JUST the charts either.

There are so many comments in Korea that echo these kind of sentiments:

Screenshot 2024-04-28 151232

Am I upset about this drama overshadowing and potentially derailing the anticipated comeback fans have waited now 10 months for? Yes.

Am I concerned for the mental toll this is taking on the girls themselves, who suddenly find themselves in the center of massive feud between their parent label and their CEO and mentor? Yes.

But dammit, I refuse to be gaslit because I'm happy the public hasn't turned on them and tried to ruin them. It seems like the love for NewJeans in Korea is reaching levels beyond anything we've seen before this scandal, even after their historic 2023. OMG is rising so fast it might ruin the chances of any new songs getting a PAK. That's insane.

Now it's on the adults to wake up and realize their pathetic egos aren't worth sacrificing the dreams of the idols they're fighting over.

This has been a shitty week, but I'm going to enjoy this W :meme-happy-cry:

(By the way, the question was rhetorical. I don't need anyone's permission to talk my shit :meme-gretchen-heart: )

• I'm happy too. esp because some losers on this forum and outside of it are so stuck up hybe's ass that they want hybe to punish ador and newjeans for what MHJ has said. I hope these people seethe knowing they are going NOWHERE

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• Happy for NJ girls for sure.

Not for MHJ, the lady is a narcissist and WEIRD af. I'm sorry i cant get over her past. Plus she copied everything from the Japanese GG and made a fool out of me for praising her for her cultural reset :mads:

Best case scenario is that NJ continues to flourish under a different leadership in Hybe while MHJ is sent to prison (if allegations are true).

• Happy for NJ girls for sure.

Not for MHJ, the lady is a narcissist and WEIRD af. I'm sorry i cant get over her past. Plus she copied everything from the Japanese GG and made a fool out of me for praising her for her cultural reset :mads:

Best case scenario is that NJ continues to flourish under a different leadership in Hybe while MHJ is sent to prison (if allegations are true).

Ngl you'd be struggling to find a group that doesn't have someone with MHJs disturbing interests on their creative team

BLACKPINK☘︎JESSICA☘︎NEWJEANS☘︎SEJEONG☘︎THE ROSE☘︎TWICE☘︎YERIN BAEK☘︎YUKIKA

47884d995b21786891bbe8c89d889d7abbd157e5.webp

Dont you know how sweet it tastes now that Im without you

• This has been a boon for the girls...massive public support, all their songs are moving up the charts, huge publicity for their comeback.

• Ngl you'd be struggling to find a group that doesn't have someone with MHJs disturbing interesting on their creative team

You are probably right. I know it might be an unpopular thing to say but the entertainment business in general is rife with all kinds of disturbing shit.

Look at all the craziness happening here with Justin, Diddy, the Nickelodeon scandal, the Weinstein/Cosby scandals, and the list goes on and on. Every damn vice known to man and every sleazy and vicious thing we do to each other as human beings (rape, casting couch quid pro quo, political backstabbing and doublecrossing, minor exploitation, "sponsors", etc) is on display in Kpop, regular pop, Hollywood, etc.

• You are probably right. I know it might be an unpopular thing to say but the entertainment business in general is rife with all kinds of disturbing shit.

Look at all the craziness happening here with Justin, Diddy, the Nickelodeon scandal, the Weinstein/Cosby scandals, and the list goes on and on. Every damn vice known to man and every sleazy and vicious thing we do to each other as human beings (rape, casting couch quid pro quo, political backstabbing and doublecrossing, minor exploitation, "sponsors", etc) is on display in Kpop, regular pop, Hollywood, etc.

Hey. HEY! Keep this dark, depressing subject matter out of my NJ praise threads ;judgingpepe:

• I'm happy too. esp because some losers on this forum and outside of it are so stuck up hybe's ass that they want hybe to punish ador and newjeans for what MHJ has said. I hope these people seethe knowing they are going NOWHERE

it's not a question of punishing, it's contracts. hybe isnt a charity business. they want to leave? they pay

• In Yama topic, nj were never hated as well as they were never mistreated in all this circus

They were but you were too busy crying about brand deals or whatever tf.

Nobody actually thinks you care about any of the Hybe groups you're pretending to ride for.

• that would be cool

only if part of fandom didn't hate on Le Sserafim, ILLIT, and other groups/people in same time

not saying all of Bunnies do it, but there is always that 10/20% of toxic bastards

External Content www.youtube.com

• that would be cool

only if part of fandom didn't hate on Le Sserafim, ILLIT, and other groups/people in same time

not saying all of Bunnies do it, but there is always that 10/20% of toxic bastards

Bunnies defended the hell out of LSF and Ill-It during their vocal scandals just for most Hybe stans to turn on the group the minute this issue started.

Let's not play the fandom blame game

• Bunnies defended the hell out of LSF and Ill-It during their vocal scandals just for most Hybe stans to turn on the group the minute this issue started.

Let's not play the fandom blame game

Who started this part of it though...was it really fearnots attacking New Jeans? Or was it tokkis attacking LSRFM? AFAIK it was MHJ who brought LSRFM into the conversation.

Poor LSRFM hadnt even made it back from Coachella and fearnots were still licking their wounds from the Coachella hate train, when all hell broke loose.

• and where are the bunnies with all the hate right now? being mhj sycophants.

edit: i dont see a way forward in hybe for newjeans, better they and mhj leave since she's so attached to their concept

I don't see a way forward in you getting critical brain cells

• Who started this part of it though...was it really fearnots attacking New Jeans? Or was it tokkis attacking LSRFM? AFAIK it was MHJ who brought LSRFM into the conversation.

Poor LSRFM hadnt even made it back from Coachella and fearnots were still licking their wounds from the Coachella hate train, when all hell broke loose.

Actually it was fearnots and Hybe.

The nonsense about the Source Music leaks lead to fighting between Bunnies, Fearnots, and Buddies and each one blaming each other for whatever.

• Actually it was fearnots and Hybe.

The nonsense about the Source Music leaks lead to fighting between Bunnies, Fearnots, and Buddies and each one blaming each other for whatever.

Well, i'm trusting you on this. Cause what i saw in this forum was only tokkis like badguy and the tatiana poster making dozens of posts shading LSRFM :ragec:

• that is true, but in korea they were never hated

Yep, the only time they make a fuss was minji and that Korea dish (those were trolls mostly, but tookies wanna believe the ones nows are actual gp)

Nobody in Korea has ever hated nj, they debut in a diamond spoon around clouds and glitter of praises

• that would be cool

I think it would be cooler if all the stans just freaking WAIT for the court case and then decide, instead of lighting a fire under everyone's asses these pass few days.

Ya BSH is an ass, MHJ is manipulative, but the fans are also need to take accountability and be responsible. Fan wars and death threads aren't caused by news outlet. If you know your fandom is being stupid, just step in and stop them, their actions are being viewed as the voice of the whole fandom. And this is for ALL fandoms.

Their mindset is just so immature.

---======---

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!