Is 5TH gen the GEN where Kpop companies start to become lazy ????

• 2nd gen felt new because Kpop was starting to get overseas

3rd gen group concept were an inspiration of 2nd gen group but more polished and elevated you could felt the influence of each 2nd gen had on each 3rd gen group but 3rd gen group were enough to be different to not look like 2nd gen group neither

4th gen felt like the generation of experimentations, a lot of companies tried to try new things and bring something new to kpop

we got the whole Y2K/futuristic/cyberpunk/virtual concept with Aespa

Newjeans brought the 2000's nostalgia

G-idle brought back the female empowering/sexy concept

But is it me or 5th gen feel like the generations were company are starting to become lazy and doesn't want to make any effort anymore

It's just the start of the gen so it's still soon to speak about it

but we already have 2 of the most expected debut of this debut of gen with Illit and Babymonster

and ILLIT just feel like they copycat Newjeans

while Baby monster feel like YG is trying to get their Blackpink 2.0

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• The 5th generation is the beginning of the end of the K-pop industry, this is of no interest to anyone, especially the Western world, which everyone is trying to focus on. Well, what does streaming on platforms give? LSF recently had a tour, but in the US they couldn't even fill venues for 10,000 people, and this is a group with such loud headlines as "1 billion album streams, hit the top of the Billboard charts, top 1 group on TikTok." K-pop 4th generation is only popular during fashion week and on music platforms, but they are not even capable of holding the same tour as BP, Twice, BTS, SKZ and others.

• u didn't mentioned about riize being copycat of newjeans 🤔

• I feel like before, companies really had to try because they wanted to make it internationally.

Now that kpop has grown to what it is, companies are mass cranking out groups.

In other words, previously the supply is there but no demand, quality had to be higher to capture their fair share. Now that demand is there, companies simply have to just provide the supply.

• The 5th generation is the beginning of the end of the K-pop industry, this is of no interest to anyone, especially the Western world, which everyone is trying to focus on. Well, what does streaming on platforms give? LSF recently had a tour, but in the US they couldn't even fill venues for 10,000 people, and this is a group with such loud headlines as "1 billion album streams, hit the top of the Billboard charts, top 1 group on TikTok." K-pop 4th generation is only popular during fashion week and on music platforms, but they are not even capable of holding the same tour as BP, Twice, BTS, SKZ and others.

when did lsf had a us tour?

• YG is definitely lazy. They probably have a whole bunch of old rejected songs sitting in storage and it must be easier just to recreate a walmart version of BP using those songs. That's why Sheesh sounds exactly like one of BP's song. :pepe-tea:

• ok but don't forget aespa took influence in KDA and bp at least at the beginning aren't you being a bit biased lol

first of all the only thing BP and Aespa had in common was AE Ningning outfit looking like Lisa outfit

besides this nobody ever find anything similar between the two group besides Dumb blinks calling every Girlgroup doing a girlcrush concept " a copy of bp"

or maybe are you talking about the time blackpink release the cover of for "Ready to love" who literally look like a copy paste of Dream come true cover ? ;-);-)

and use avatar supposed to represent them for the Ready for love MV when Avatar was always Aespa concept since their debut ?

Just saying :wink:

Is BLACKPINK Copying AESPA? (or the other way around?) - YouTube

and yes Sm was call out for KDA

but this happen during Black mamba, you took one song and all run with this narrative

after this Aespa cameback with Next level and make everybody look like idiot

this time i'm talking because they didn't release one thing, they already made their debut and did their first comeback

Baby monster was also called out for looking too much Bp-ish at debut and their comeback just made this impression in kpop fans even more strong

while ILLIT only made their debut and only have 1 MV yes, they debuted with a whole mini album and through this whole mini album you can clearly heard the NJ influence

Edited 2 times, last by SooYoung ().

• and again. when did aespa copy bp ? i know that LSM got inspiration from KDA, but why bp ?

I didn't say the word copy though there is a big difference with what I mean

read my post again I they were influenced by kda and bp sort of yes outfits and stuff like that considering it's not sm style never said word copy I just want to clarify I won't go into this it was a while ago. well yes baemon is influenced by YG and bp style but imo they made enough changes to make the song a bit their own. YG also changed their genre

GKACMfgWkAAxvTk?format=jpg&name=small

I do think this song was to attract a global audience but they will do more ballads like stuck in the middle. dreams or r&b stuff like like that

• they were influenced by kda and bp sort of yes outfits and stuff like that considering it's not sm style

Outfit ????

this is aespa outfit at their debut when you are telling me they were "influence" by Blackpink outfit

Aespa Donne Son Avis Sur La Première Question D'aujourd'hui

Memukau, Debut Stage aespa Hadirkan 'Mamba' Hingga Member Virtual

and it's the type of Outfit Blackpink wore at the time of aespa debut

How You Like That — BLACKPINK | Last.fm

Girl if you want to say someone got influence by someone else at least make some sense , because currently your comment makes absolutely no sense

• I didn't say the word copy though there is a big difference with what I mean

read my post again I they were influenced by kda and bp sort of yes outfits and stuff like that considering it's not sm style never said word copy I just want to clarify I won't go into this it was a while ago. well yes baemon is influenced by YG and bp style but imo they made enough changes to make the song a bit their own. YG also changed their genre

GKACMfgWkAAxvTk?format=jpg&name=small

I do think this song was to attract a global audience but they will do more ballads like stuck in the middle. dreams or r&b stuff like like that

I 1000% sure, if aespa was not a 4 members group, no one would call them copying bp.

snsd, f(x) and red velvet are not even using the same style. so what SM style are you talking about ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!