Do you listen to other music that is not English or your native language?

• Before the internet, there were fewer options to find music that was not English.

In many countries, the only music being played was English or music in the native language (or perhaps music from a neighboring country at the most). Wanted something else? Good luck, because that was all the music shops stocked too, basically forcing people to only listen to that.

Now you can go to Spotify, type something like "Bulgarian" or "Bolivian" and you can find all kinds of music quickly.

Yes, it's not the music that is being pushed at everyone by radio or other mainstream media, but it's a lot of fun discovering more than that.

So, what other languages or countries do you listen to music from that are not Korea, the US, UK or your own country?

I regularly do what I just wrote: just type in any country and then listen to their music. If I like something, I add it to my playlists. Have discovered lots of good music this way

• When I was younger, I used to like "Dragostea Din Tei".

And well... sometimes I had listened to Swedish and Norwegian songs. (but I'm also from a Nordic country)

Well... I sometimes listen to other Asian countries' music.

Yesterday, I was listening to a few qpop songs.

And I listen to Eurovision songs too.

I remember when I was listening to a song by someone, who represented Cyprus once and I randomly found another song by him that I kinda like.

The thing about discovering music from all around the world can be fun sometimes.

• Yes. Language is not important to me as long as it sounds good and the song is good. I definitely could explore more music in other languages than I have though, I've only done what you did with French.

Right now my most used playlist has some songs in French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.

• Literally all the time... Besides portuguese (native language), korean (duh) and english, I listen to songs in turkish (I really like tarkan and there was a time I was obsessed with çok çok and yallan by edis), arab, russian, french, german (my fav band is rammstein), spanish (my most played artist is dalmata and I like many other reggaeton artists), japanese, chinese (thanks to luhan, zitao and lay), finnish (there was a time I was deep into folk metal and they have some of the best bands in the genre) etc. I have no restriction when it comes to good music.

Yesterday I was vibing to Vitas's music. He is a russian guy and became a meme, but now I think he's a legendary artist.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Yes. Language is not important to me as long as it sounds good and the song is good. I definitely could explore more music in other languages than I have though, I've only done what you did with French.

Right now my most used playlist has some songs in French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.

Hope you'll try and have fun. If you really don't know, pick a random country on the map.
    Found some of my most favorite music that well. Used to do it with Youtube, but now Spotify

Dragostea Din Tei: that song is so good. Makes me want to listen again.

Eurovision is a gateway to lots of nice music. Do you have any favorites for this year/?

Do you remember that Cyprus song?

• Dragostea Din Tei: that song is so good. Makes me want to listen again.

Eurovision is a gateway to lots of nice music. Do you have any favorites for this year/?

Do you remember that Cyprus song?

One of my favorites this year is Ulveham and Teresa & Maria.

Well... the song I was talking aboutt is Hovig's Gravity, which is a song that I really like.

And then I randomly discovered a song that is a duet with him and an Armenian artist, and the song is both in Greek and Armenian.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i don't really listen to music that isn't in korean or english, but i know the english music that i listen to comes from a lot of different places in europe because the lyrics are very bare. Alok, for instance is from brazil but his songs are not in portuguese. Ionnalee is swedish and sings in english.

• One of my favorites this year is Ulveham and Teresa & Maria.

Well... the song I was talking aboutt is Hovig's Gravity, which is a song that I really like.

And then I randomly discovered a song that is a duet with him and an Armenian artist, and the song is both in Greek and Armenian.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, Teresa and Maria is great!

Thank you very much. I will listen as soon as i have posted this

I also listen to Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and alot of the metal I listento have some sort of European , cant figure out which it is, or maybe is English and I can't understand with the screaming lol

hahaha, yeah I have that problem too with metal

Seems interesting. I will check The Hu out as well

Moved the thread from forum K-POP to forum The Lounge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!