Why Twice survived the chinese fraudulent sales curse but Lesserafim, Aespa, Red Velvet, Itzy and others couldn't?

• This is probably the easiest question to answer I have ever asked here, simple, unlike the others Twice never had fraudulent chinese sales inflating their sales to begin with, period.

KOREAN SALES (@koreansales_twt) on X
    [HT] #TWICE (@JYPETWICE) 1st Day Sales With YOU-th — 758,876 🆕️ READY TO BE — 505,936 BETWEEN 1&2 — 288,836 MORE & MORE — 274,472 Formula of Love:…
    twitter.com

If you know me you also know how I have been talking about this topic for months, a topic very few are brave enough like me to point out publicly, so this thread is for every single one of you out there who talked about it and were attacked and mocked by fandom in denial of reality.

So far groups like aespa, red velvet and itzy were affected heavily by this curse, cutting in half their previous album sales, lesserafim who recently had a comeback wasn't affected that hard, like a 20% or 25% of decrease in sales that some months ago were projecting a continue and rapid grow, but we know hybe, they have their tricks and lesserafim is a trendy group.

Gidle survived the curse a little because cube did a trick I will cook in another thread. Nmixx situation is a little complicated because jyp is incompetent even to commit fraud. So far Twice is the only girl group that increased their sales organically, and that just prove once again no girl group has reached the point of the career twice is right now being as big as them, they are legendary I fear.

Of the top groups of 3rd and 4th gen there is 3 we have to wait to see the results: ive who released their last album just before the curse started affecting, newjeans that needs to sell 4M of sales in the first day or I will scream they are frauds because people talk about them like they are beyond the rest of mortals, and blackpink but since they disbanded and we don't know when their reunion comeback will be the wait will be very loooooooooong.

I'm happy how at last everyone who talked about the fraudulent inflated sales was proved right, we deserve it :pathead:

• Didn't LSFM sell 940k? :pepestare:

How are they in this?

Because they sold 1M in hours before and after 5 days their new one is still way below just the 1st day

Highest 1st Day Sales by Girl Groups 1. #aespa MY WORLD — 1,372,929 copies 2. #NewJeans Get Up — 1,194,623 copies 3. #LE_SSERAFIM UNFORGIVEN — 1,024,034…
    twitter.com

[HT] LE SSERAFIM (@le_sserafim) 3rd Mini Album <EASY> DAY 1: 783,358 DAY 2: 021,443 DAY 3: 045,737 DAY 4: 068,501 DAY 5: 024,412 TOTAL: 943,451…
    twitter.com

• Go away, when you make you stupid long threads or dumb replies with 20 paragraphs nobody cares.

My engagement numbers say otherwise :pepe-toast:

At least you remembered to use your enter key this time.

What's this thread about again? Oh, right. Twice. Yeah kudos to them. They sold a lot of albums. The other girl groups should disband. They're not selling as much as 9 year vets with a huge fanbase :pepe-shrug:

• Because they sold 1M in hours before and after 5 days their new one is still way below just the 1st day

https://twitter.com/koreansale…tatus/1761049059626717298

https://twitter.com/koreansale…tatus/1761051046741230052

That's just the 1st week though. Chances are, they are eventually going to hit that 1 million mark over time. Probably by the end of the year. It's not like they have seen any kind of devastating drop. If they had sold 500k-700k 1st week then maybe I'd agree with you, but 940k to 1.1 is not even a 100k difference.

Edit: I calculated wrong. It's actually a 160k difference lol, but I stand by my point. :skull:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Don’t be stupid. Every single post like this comes from a place of racism. And if you can’t identify your own racist rhetoric that’s a bigger problem. Anyway I can hardly stand engaging with bigots.

Very poor and dumb attempt to shift the narrative, if the phenomenon I'm talking about it has to do a lot with fraudulent sales from chinese bars and I want to describe it like I'm doing there is nothing wrong with it, you can cry me a river and pretend all you want loser.

• My friend this is like the 4th thread about this topic I make, and I explain clearly what I'm talking about in them, I'm not saying all the sales from china are fraudulent or bad.

• TWICE debut: 2015 - 9 YEARS ACTIVE
    aespa debut: 2020 - 4 YEARS ACTIVE
    Le Sserafim debut: 2022 - 2 YEARS ACTIVE

Who are you trying to fool
    Compare them to Red Velvet, Blackpink and other 3rd gen GGs

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• TWICE debut: 2015 - 9 YEARS ACTIVE
    aespa debut: 2020 - 4 YEARS ACTIVE
    Le Sserafim debut: 2022 - 2 YEARS ACTIVE

Who are you trying to fool
    Compare them to Red Velvet, Blackpink and other 3rd gen GGs

Friend red velvet and blackpink are included in the thread :pepe-shame:

Plus twice being 9 years old group with a big stable fanbase while the others like lesserafim and aespa being younger with a way smaller fandom that don't justify their sales is part of the argument, read the threads.

So what are you talking about because I don't know what 3 other threads you are talking about

The whole thing is spread in part of these threads, but the whole thing goes beyond only sales from china, but because people from 2020-2023 used chines bars pre order numbers to justify the inflated sales I use the term to describe the whole topic.

:pepe-shame:

Did we ever had proof it was bc fraudulent and not because of economic crisis and kpop restrictions measures in China?

So far the interpol didn't respond my requests of investigate the inflated sales so we don't have a "official" proved source, but I think the whole thing of sales increasing and decreasing unexpectedly confirms everything for me

• Regardless of the veracity of their narrative, everyone knows China's fraudulence is cultural, not racial. They're the same race as Koreans. :pepe-shrug:

Race is, by definition, a social construction. Your race is the one society and people perceived you belong to. For instance, a white-brazillian can be read and identified as "latin" in USA, regardless of their looks

And this goes beyond the point. Chinese people are fraudulent? What kind of shit is that?

• Ask Huang An

Twice basically gave up China after the Huang An shit so they don't give a shit about China

• Did JYP announce twice preorders numbers (bc I remember they not doing it for itzy and maybe skz when they sold less)

for example, other groups haven't done it lately either, which led to them selling less overall, companies don't brag about that unless some growth is show in their sales, so twice might have sold the same as their last album or less (in gaon bc that where sales are counted for awards and media) if jyp didn't bother

• Who is huang an?

By the way, the 1000 years old hag also got affected, she suddenly had a big jump in sales and then sold less the next album.

Huang An created the Tzuyu scandal in 2016 which killed any chance Twice had in China

Yes the Senior Singer was big in China and now that hurts

• Well Twice was never going to be like some other loser at 8 years with no fans supporting them and token stannig younger groups.

That's why they're selling like 760k in a day and others are selling like 90k in a week....fans still with Twice instead of dropping them.

• Did JYP announce twice preorders numbers (bc I remember they not doing it for itzy and maybe skz when they sold less)

for example, other groups haven't done it lately either, which led to them selling less overall, companies don't brag about that unless some growth is show in their sales, so twice might have sold the same as their last album or less (in gaon bc that where sales are counted for awards and media) if jyp didn't bother

Yeah, I have been thinking about it, I didn't expect twice to sell more because of that but is almost certain that twice sold more this time if their hanteo-gaon ratio stays the same, maybe jyp really don't give a fuck about twice anymore to the point to not promote their grow in sales... it sounds crazy

Well Twice was never going to be like some other loser at 8 years with no fans supporting them and token stannig younger groups.

That's why they're selling like 760k in a day and others are selling like 90k in a week....fans still with Twice instead of dropping them.

Did that loser commented in this thread? I'm curious :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Yeah, I have been thinking about it, I didn't expect twice to sell more because of that but is almost certain that twice sold more this time if their hanteo-gaon ratio stays the same, maybe jyp really don't give a fuck about twice anymore to the point to not promote their grow in sales... it sounds crazy

Did that loser commented in this thread? I'm curious :pepe-narrow-eyes:

It's a Twice thread, you can guess :pepeshut:

• Well Twice was never going to be like some other loser at 8 years with no fans supporting them and token stannig younger groups.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No fans? Token stanning?

Loser but I can afford front row seats at multiple concert venues? Loser but I fly around the world when I went to see my favs perform overseas?

Make it make sense and make the math math.

:pepe-smug:

Let's deal in facts not narratives.

How is Twice charting by the way? We looking at a Billboard Hot 100 entry? MelOn top 10?

• I honestly think lesserafim is doing fine outselling the "legends of kpop" so quickly after 2 years.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Race is, by definition, a social construction. Your race is the one society and people perceived you belong to. For instance, a white-brazillian can be read and identified as "latin" in USA, regardless of their looks

And this goes beyond the point. Chinese people are fraudulent? What kind of shit is that?

Social construct or not, the entire world perceives East Asians as all one race, so I don't know where you're going with this. :pepe-shrug:

What kind of shit is that? I don't know, you'll have to ask a Chinese person. They're the country that's garnered a well-earned reputation for abusing copyright law & creating cheap knock-offs of everything under the sun, among other deceptive practices.

• I honestly think lesserafim is doing fine outselling the "legends of kpop" so quickly after 2 years.

External Content x.com

Still way less than their previous album which is the point of this thread, you proved nothing mate :iconpepe:

• What kind of shit is that? I don't know, you'll have to ask a Chinese person. They're the country that's garnered a well-earned reputation for abusing copyright law & creating cheap knock-offs of everything under the sun, among other deceptive practices.

I doubt any sane Chinese person would agree they of their country is by any means "fraudulent". The abuse of copyright laws has to do with the fact China was for a very long time a undeveloped country. The same can be applied by most of underdeveloped nations, mine included.

You're basically spilling xenophobic shit

• I doubt any sane Chinese person would agree they of their country is by any means "fraudulent". The abuse of copyright laws has to do with the fact China was for a very long time a undeveloped country. The same can be applied by most of underdeveloped nations, mine included.

You're basically spilling xenophobic shit

I'm "spilling" common knowledge. It doesn't take a sane person to lie about their own culture's deficencies, only a huckster. At least you admit your own country has the same problem, even if you're making excuses for it.

• pretty sure if tzuyu didn't have that flag controversy y'all be bragging about twice chinese sales bc it would have been bigger. Chinese sales aren't any different than Korean sales both have fans that like to bulk buy albums.

They never catered to China, even before the flag scandal. I'm sure you'd be bragging about BP's Japanese sales if they were bigger, but they're not.

• They never catered to China, even before the flag scandal. I'm sure you'd be bragging about BP's Japanese sales if they were bigger, but they're not.

they kind of did at the beginning and yes I know japan it was their biggest market.....I would be bragging any kind sales it doesn't matter where is from sales are sales but the fact that people are trying to discredit Chinese sales already says it all

• This thread contains 154 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!