The fact that Seulgi had to open a Youtube channel means Red Velvet aren't earning that much?

• As far as idols from big companies go, I'm wondering if RV doesn't earn as much as their peers. I'm surprised Seulgi has her own Youtube channel. I think it's great but she never seemed to be into outgoing work activities the same way Joy, Yeri and even Wendy were. RV don't tour anywhere near the level of Twice and Black Pink, and they may have lost a good deal of group earning when Irene lost big CFs after her scandal. That's if they still do shared earning. Either way, I'll support Seulgi and maybe this will raise more interest for her next solo release.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• sm is known for exploiting their idols with shitty contracts so it would not be surprising if rv members are not getting that big percentage of revenue compared to idols under other big 4 companies

• This is very presumptuous of you. How do you know she "had" to open a YouTube channel and didn't simply want to? You say she isn't outgoing, but she had her own talk show for several months. Also, they're starting their third contracts. I think it's pretty safe to assume they already axed shared earning.

• This is very presumptuous of you. How do you know she "had" to open a YouTube channel and didn't simply want to? You say she isn't outgoing, but she had her own talk show for several months. Also, they're starting their third contracts. I think it's pretty safe to assume they already axed shared earning.

Seulgi is one of my biases so I've followed her for several years. She has never mentioned wanting to do Youtube in previous content. It surprised me when I only learned about it from the press release. Her ambitions were into performing and working in SM as a director. And it has been the trend that idols or former idols who don't have great companies needing to start their own Youtube to earn some extra bucks.

• That’s not really a good way to discern if Seulgi is poor because she made a YouTube channel. IU and all BP members have their own YouTube channels and they are far from broke

I get what you mean, some idols have their own Youtube, but as a way to promote their main activities such as endorsements or music releases. Seulgi is doing a "daily life" type channel, and not as a strategy to push her main gigs.

• Seulgi is one of my biases so I've followed her for several years. She has never mentioned wanting to do Youtube in previous content. It surprised me when I only learned about it from the press release. Her ambitions were into performing and working in SM as a director. And it has been the trend that idols or former idols who don't have great companies needing to start their own Youtube to earn some extra bucks.

I've followed her for 10 years, and I'm sure she's never mentioned a lot of things. But I'm confident that none of the idols who've opened up their own YouTube channels ever said "Ony of my goals in life is to have a YouTube channel." They just decide one day to do it. That doesn't mean they need the extra money. In fact, most of the Kpop YouTubers I've seen have been older idols who are undoubtedly well off. They usually do it as a way of providing their fans with extra content and insight into their lives.

• Like some users said, even Taeyeon made a daily life youtube channel, and in no way she's lacking money. So maybe it's just Seulgi likes to do it, maybe she does it for the fan.

I'm still salty that Taeyeon abandoned her. Her TaengooTV was god-like, at least releases that Harry Potter theme trip ;(

• As far as idols from big companies go, I'm wondering if RV doesn't earn as much as their peers. I'm surprised Seulgi has her own YouTube channel. I think it's great but she never seemed to be into outgoing work activities the same way Joy, Yeri and even Wendy were. RV doesn't tour anywhere near the level of Twice and Black Pink, and they may have lost a good deal of group earnings when Irene lost big CFs after her scandal. That's if they still do shared earnings. Either way, I'll support Seulgi and maybe this will raise more interest for her next solo release.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yoona and Taeyeon have YouTube channels and are the highest-earning SM female idols.

Does it mean that they earn less and that's why they have YouTube channels?

Seulgi had huge endorsement deals especially when Irene was on hiatus. She worked with a number of huge brands including a car brand. So no, your claim is invalid OP.

If you know Seulgi, you know that she lobes sharing with her fans more than Irene for instance and I believe that's the first reason why she made that channel.

External Content youtu.be

• sm is known for exploiting their idols with shitty contracts so it would not be surprising if rv members are not getting that big percentage of revenue compared to idols under other big 4 companies

Can you prove that?

• I don't think RV is earning a lot either. I never saw Seulgi as the type who'd open a YT channel, but who knows, maybe this is what she wanted to do.

Why do you think they don't earn much?

They are not on the level of BP and BTS but I'm sure they make more than 90% of 3rd and 4th gen idols.

• Seulgi is one of my biases so I've followed her for several years. She has never mentioned wanting to do Youtube in previous content. It surprised me when I only learned about it from the press release. Her ambitions were into performing and working in SM as a director. And it has been the trend that idols or former idols who don't have great companies needing to start their own Youtube to earn some extra bucks.

You've followed her but you don't know that she's had numerous solo CFs from 2018

And RV was just on tour after their contract renewal which means better terms and money for them.

Edited once, last by sonemariam ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!