More impressive? NJ becoming #2 after only a year and a half or BP staying #1 after seven years?

• Thread title 41

1. NJ at #2 in one year is better (9) 22%
    2. BP at #1 after seven years is better (22) 54%
    3. NJ is not #2. Look at Twice touring. (10) 24%

NJ success isn't that impressive to me cause they did it in 2023. I would bow down to them if they did it in 2013 but that would never happen cause it's all about timing and BTS is the proof when it comes to that.

But Blackpink still being the undisputed #1 girl group with only 9 total songs after nearly 8 years is way more impressive to me. Another thing to consider is they aren't even original like NJ was. They are 2NE1 part 2.

Even if NJ next album surpasses BP best album it still won't make them the number one girl group cause Seventeen is about to surpass BTS numbers and no one would say they are bigger than BTS.

• Blackpink being able to change the kpop model from constant releases to stay relevant versus social media/appearances to stay relevant is one of the most impactful things to happen in kpop in history.

I don't think any group, will be able to recreate the hype and following the BP created.

What NJ is doing is impressive (finding a market in kpop that's been overlooked since 2nd gen and giving it 100% face lift), but i still don't think it compares to BP's career and NJ is following a kpop model that is known to work.

• Blackpink being able to change the kpop model from constant releases to stay relevant versus social media/appearances to stay relevant is one of the most impactful things to happen in kpop in history.

I don't think any group, will be able to recreate the hype and following the BP created.

What NJ is doing is impressive (finding a market in kpop that's been overlooked since 2nd gen and giving it 100% face lift), but i still don't think it compares to BP's career and NJ is following a kpop model that is known to work.

Blinks and other kpop fans just make shit up and forget everyone wasn't born yesterday including OP.

• Longevity VS quick success, a pretty obvious answer. Blackpink is still the biggest girl group after 7 years, can you really picture New Jeans still being popular in 7 years with the Y2K concept that will probably be very old news by then? You can hate Blackpink but the fact that they are still the biggest girl group to this day is iconic.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Longevity VS quick success, a pretty obvious answer. Blackpink is still the biggest girl group after 7 years, can you really picture New Jeans still being popular in 7 years with the Y2K concept that will probably be very old news by then? You can hate Blackpink but the fact that they are still the biggest girl group to this day is iconic.

SNSD had the longest run as the top girl group actually. BP's time indisputably as the top girl group was from 2019 to present.

SNSD was from 2009 to 2015.

BP is close, but let's be honest, the throne will belong to NJ by the end of this year, and I'm being respectful of BP's body of work and touring numbers by not claiming the throne's occupant has already shifted :pepe-toast:

• SNSD had the longest run as the top girl group actually. BP's time indisputably as the top girl group was from 2019 to present.

SNSD was from 2009 to 2015.

BP is close, but let's be honest, the throne will belong to NJ by the end of this year, and I'm being respectful of BP's body of work and touring numbers by not claiming the throne's occupant has already shifted :pepe-toast:

If Blackpink and NJ release an album at the same time who would win in sales and streams and youtube views?

• YT views? BP easily.

Everything else? NJ.

Just my opinion based on all the metrics I've put way too much time into researching the past year.

If NJ sells more albums and has more streams then that means they have more fans so will they pull more fans at a world tour than BP?

• BP is close, but let's be honest, the throne will belong to NJ by the end of this year, and I'm being respectful of BP's body of work and touring numbers by not claiming the throne's occupant has already shifted :pepe-toast:

Who is telling you these delusional tokki lies!?

New jeans on BP's level when they could never sell out a stadium tour like Blackpink? there will be only 100 fans in the crowd who all don't even know the lyrics to SUPER SHY!

• If NJ sells more albums and has more streams then that means they have more fans so will they pull more fans at a world tour than BP?

People willing to buy albums =/= people willing to buy concert tickets and potentially have to book airfare and hotels/airbnbs to attend said concerts.

Don't equate the two, my friend

• Y-You realize you're talking to someone who was in a crowd of 70k people with several thousands singing along to Super Shy, right? :pepe-cringe:

Why should I believe you? for all I know you are making this up. I know your type YamaChwan. Pathological Liar!

You were not at a New Jeans concert, they would not let no moomoo inside. Do you even have the super shy badge that every tokki gets automatically? Nope. Lying man YamaChwan stop the lies. 70k people? 70k people cannot fit into one tiny venue. are you a jokester Yamachwan? Stop it now. I will not believe any tokki lies told by you. Blackpink queens of kpop and queens of flop no name new jeans who will be no name by the year 2026.

• It's not that hard to remember a full song of "I'm super shy super shy super shy super shy super shy super shy super shy". I can sing that song and I've only heard it maybe 2 times.

You didn't even get the lyrics right. Fraud alert ;judgingpepe:

Why should I believe you? for all I know you are making this up. I know your type YamaChwan. Pathological Liar!

You were not at a New Jeans concert, they would not let no moomoo inside. Do you even have the super shy badge that every tokki gets automatically? Nope. Lying man YamaChwan stop the lies. 70k people? 70k people cannot fit into one tiny venue. are you a jokester Yamachwan? Stop it now. I will not believe any tokki lies told by you. Blackpink queens of kpop and queens of flop no name new jeans who will be no name by the year 2026.

Why'd you have to expose me like this :pepe-shame:

You're right.

I was at the Born Pink World Tour taking notes on the enemy :pepe-notes::pepegrin:

• Hybe playlisting has damaged your brain beyond repair, this level of delusion is embarrassing

And Twice coping has irreparably smoothed out every last on of your brain folds. I now know that you weren't even into K-Pop until 2017.

This fraud missed Twice's biggest years of dominance.

Begone. You can't talk to me ;judgingpepe:

• And Twice coping has irreparably smoothed out every last on of your brain folds. I now know that you weren't even into K-Pop until 2017.

This fraud missed Twice's biggest years of dominance.

Begone. You can't talk to me ;judgingpepe:

The 2016 and 2017 data is out there for everyone to learn and analyze it, try to do it sometime with everything that happened since 2016 till today, because talking nonsense all the time is just sad friend

• because talking nonsense all the time is just sad friend

That's literally your entire personality :boompepe:

Your "data analysis" is as far from the words "objective" and "empirical" data can be.

Hindsight analysis with those skills will never outweigh the experience of someone who lived through it and battled other girl group stans all the time :pepe-smug:

• That's literally your entire personality :boompepe:

Your "data analysis" is as far from the words "objective" and "empirical" data can be.

Hindsight analysis with those skills will never outweigh the experience of someone who lived through it and battled other girl group stans all the time :pepe-smug:

You lived those times and yet you know nothing about it like you are the biggest loser of this forum :pepefacepalm:

• I would say staying at the top for many years are more impressive. I would think a bit different maybe if NJ was from a smaller company that did not have the huge benefit of coming from a big company and the same company as BTS. That means a lot the first 1-2 years, the same way BP got a similar benefit being from YGE.

The real hard test starts for NJ this year and the next year if they can take the next step or be stuck with what they go and slowly loose popularity. I don't know the average age of their fans, but I get the feeling it's a very young fan base so the queastion is if they group can grow with their or if the fans will leave them behind when they get older.

• Based on google trends, Twice is still slightly more popular than Newjeans

0ibLyxo.jpeg

It's intresting if you zoom out to two years trend and look at the "dive" for BP the last couple of years and also how the trends goes up and down together. It's probably Japan that keeps Twice a bit more stable because of their much bigger popularity there.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!