If JYP promote tzuyu more does she now same level fame as bp members ?

• If i were JYP i would have send her to the runway. She is tall and have a great body (Best legs in all kpop if you ask me) and also she can put this face, that kinda empty look, idgaf face that i saw in many models. She could have gained a lot of fame there. To the level of BP members, mmm, unlikely.

• they did promote her at first but the scandal happened we never know she’ll prolly still the most popular member today but bp level no bp got popular cuz first they cater to the west 3 of em can speak english can attract more fans with the help of their music. Twice on the other hand no but if they debuted today with tiktok they can be more popular

• Tzuyu is one of kpop's most famous idols. With a notoriety and recognition that encompasses all of the East Asian kpop markets and even beyond.

She does not have the same recognition in Western centric kpop markets, that many BLACKPINK members appeal to and have gained a level of recognition.

But she is undoubtedly one of kpop's biggest historical idols and phenomenons. From a geo political sense, her notoriety is perhaps unrivaled or among the most historically significant in all of kpop history. She was a direct determinant influencing political elections and inter-nation political relations between China and Taiwan. Admittedly, in the case of China-Taiwan political dynamics, it was in negative sense, but this demonstrates her importance in the kpop landscape.

She is one of the top figures of 3rd generation. Among the top idols from the perspective of name recognition and general identity stature. One of the most popular "Visual" position idols and maknae phenomenons celebrated as a great beauty and maknae of TWICE, Korea's National Girl Group, and one of kpop's most impactful, generation defining, and most successful girl groups in all of kpop history.

Considering her historical political influence combined with her status as a defining Visual of her generation, there's no denying her significance as one of the most consequential and recognized idols in kpop history.

When one names a short list of the top idols of kpop's 3rd generation, Tzuyu is most definitely among that list.

However, to the vein of the OP's original question, that being would Tzuyu have attained individual popularity and "brand" status of the kind exhibited by top solo brand idols like the Western-focused Jennie, or Asian-focused idols like Wonyoung, if only JYP would have focused more on building her individual brand to a greater extent? I don't think so.

Her particular nature, personal habits, and shy and introverted personality are not conducive to building and sustaining a more extreme personal solo "brand" and individual solo presence in the kpop landscape. She does not have that kind of "center of attention" sort of drive and motivation like that of more individually focused idols like Jennie and Wonyoung exhibit. Tzuyu does not seek or seem to desire to be the focus of individual attention of that sort. She seems to prefer to not seek out that kind of exposure. Tzuyu also doesn't have an "ice princess" sort of contrasting appeal and personality archetype, as exhibited by idols like Jessica or Irene, that allows more reserved idols to attain immense individual solo brand stature despite their less outgoing personas.

I do not think this is a bad thing. Tzuyu's particular nature and shy, gentle personality is one of the things I find most endearing about her. And contrary to a common refrain I hear that describes Tzuyu as being "boring", or "lacking in personality", among other reductive and immature takes, Tzuyu is in fact not lacking in quality or dimension beyond her physical beauty. She is merely commonly reserved and unassuming in demeanor, and exhibits a shy sort of personality and unjaded non calculating gentleness that is incredibly endearing and appealing. She's also quick witted and very funny. She has a kind and gentle spirit, exhibited by her lack of arrogance and shown humility, as well as her demonstrated love and charity towards animals, especially dogs. She is a beautiful soul.

I do not think that Tzuyu will ever be the "queen bee" idol, and for that, I'm glad. That's not her.

She will remain as her Tzuyu self, and has achieved great success, and hopefully, happiness and satisfaction as one of kpop's top idols.

Her fans could not ask for anything else.

kakao-lihjn-btrn0nz3mwf-floiukjkvedqkaxfckf8zk-img.gif

kakao-lxljo-btrnyvkm2hp-0znpklfupzvyl8kk4ltkek-img.gif

• I never understood this, is Sana really popular? She feels will very similar to Tzuyu and don't much noice and often are in the background ? She is also the only girl in the group I sometimes struggle to find in the MV s.

Sana is the most popular twice member after Nayeon. Dont ask me why though, i never get her appeal (i think she is the least interesting of the 3 J line)

• She doesnt have the charisma/personality. Mina is the ultimate introvert but she is still 100x more interesting and appealing tbh, you can tell there is a personality locked beneath all that shyness lol. Then you have variety queens and consummate pros like Sana and Nayeon to contend with. Tzuyu has visuals and a quite nice vocal color actually but you need more to become an It Girl.

• Sana is the most popular twice member after Nayeon. Dont ask me why though, i never get her appeal (i think she is the least interesting of the 3 J line)

yeah, it's very strange to me, I don't get it. But I don't watch reallity shows and that kind of stuff so maybe I miss something....

• yeah, it's very strange to me, I don't get it. But I don't watch reallity shows and that kind of stuff so maybe I miss something....

I think it was mainly because of the shy shy shy viral moment. Ever since then, she has been maintaining that popularity (she is popular in korea despite being japanese)

• I think it was mainly because of the shy shy shy viral moment. Ever since then, she has been maintaining that popularity (she is popular in korea despite being japanese)

Which metrics show she's the 2nd most popular member? The "shy shy shy" stuff died down ages ago.

• Tbh, I wouldn't have expected all the BP members to obtain the level of fame and popularity that they did, it's not as if they're the most extraordinary or exceptional idols compared to other idols - they're great each in their own way, but not unique in those ways.

So if it could happen to them, it could have happened to others like Tzuyu.

But on the other hand, others don't have YG. JYP's promotion/brand building capabilities are different from YG's, and however much people like to underestimate and trashtalk YG, it's YG's approach and branding choices that helped many of their groups become big globally, especially in the West.

JYP can't do it like YG has been able to.

If I had to guess, then other than YG I would expect that HYBE would be able to get some of their female artists to achieve BP levels of fame and popularity in the West.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!