Should SM stop making songs with bridges or should HYBE start making songs with bridges?

• Should SM stop making songs with bridges or should HYBE start making songs with bridges? 41

1. HYBE should start making songs with bridges (34) 83%
    2. SM should stop making songs with bridges (7) 17%

Most HYBE artists (if not all) release songs that don't have bridges and never reach 3 minutes or even 2 minutes and 30 seconds which leads to high replayability to their songs resulted with their stats in Spotify and other music platforms. Unlike SM, where they still release songs that have bridges that are more than 3 minutes sometimes 4 minutes which leads to lower Spotify stats. What are your thoughts?

• There was a time when pop music was inventive, interesting, full of passion and soul, when songs were allowed to breathe and grow. Songs would start off with a whisper and a flicker of candlelight, then slowly build towards an inevitable emotional all-consuming fireball of a climax that rewarded listeners patient enough to stay with the song for 5, 6, 8, even 10 minutes.

There was artistry that transcended some of the genre's most banal elements to become literal modern day opera, modern day Mozart.

Now pop music is nothing but background dreck, simple, generic autotuned noise appealing to the lowest common denominator, all passion, soul and human emotion ripped out of the song. Till all that's left is the infernal trap high hat, the infernal synth percussion, the infernal autotuned zombie vocals. Singing nonsense lyrics about nothing, for nothing.

Compare the 2.05 minute noise that we call songs these days to MAGNUM OPUSES like this. There is more heart and musicality in this one demo song than the entire Hot 100 combined omfg ;(

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did u like Olivia's new album

I think she tried to do stuff differently..

• Did u like Olivia's new album

I think she tried to do stuff differently..

lizkook11.gif

I instantly fell in love, just like Lizkook here ^^

Best local album since her debut album, so many great songs cant even list them all. And her vocals omfg...she has that unique, instantly recognizable tone that literally nobody else has these days...when it comes to current female vocalists, it's basically Olivia, mah girl Morissette, and mah girl Yuri. The holy trinity of female pop vocals :emotionalpepe:

• I don't think bridges carry that much importance in a song compared to the chorus and verses so whatever if hybe doesn't have bridges in their songs who cares

I do not think not having a bridge is what makes hybes songs replayable though

Their groups also can't carr vocally so their bridges would be raps or chants I guess

• Bridge is often highlight of the song. It can even save the song like Everglow slay would be bad without it IMO

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think bridges carry that much importance in a song compared to the chorus and verses so whatever if hybe doesn't have bridges in their songs who cares

I do not think not having a bridge is what makes hybes songs replayable though

Their groups also can't carr vocally so their bridges would be raps or chants I guess

Have you even heard any of hybe songs ^^ they don't have chants and (talking) rap in bridges or in general lol

Eta: enhypen has in one song, bite me, and it's pre chorus. And that's it, no other examples. Or at least in title tracks, didn't listen to complete discography of their groups i don't listen to

• Have you even heard any of hybe songs ^^ they don't have chants and (talking) rap in bridges or in general lol

Eta: enhypen has in one song, bite me, and it's pre chorus. And that's it, no other examples. Or at least in title tracks, didn't listen to complete discography of their groups i don't listen to

did i say they did? i was just wondering what their bridges would sound like

• The bridge is often my favorite part.

I want bridges, intros, outros...

I want songs with more variety and interesting parts.

Songs that are juste verse->chorus two times are often pointless to me, I just skip after the 1st chorus since it will just repeat, there is nothing else to look forward to in the song.

That is one big reason why i struggle to vibe with most Newjeans and Lesserafim title tracks.

Lesserafim have some sort of bridge everytime but it is very bad (like the "we can make it" part in Antifragile or just repeating the "Unforgiven I'm a villain" part for the 4th time in Unforgiven or whatever was that "bridge" in Fearless (I hate the entirety of that song anyways)) so it doesn't really bring anything.

Newjeans straight up don't have it except OMG I think.

• Personally I like bridges, variety and surprises in songs. But let every company do what they do best and feel good at :wellr:

Also, when it comes to bridges it's not about the bridge itself but the implementation and execution of it that makes it shine.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• SM Bridge best part in their song :pepe-notes:

• i liked her sophomore album too even though i was not a fan of the debut album

• This is why I don't take people seriously when they say they don't like SM bridges lol

I don't understand what is there to dislike? I think people often think sm song = only high notes, when in fact their bridges are very melodic and full of harmonies.

• :pepe-life-support:
    Speaking of song length, I just recently noticed that Fake Love was 4 minutes long...

I was listening to crystal snow yesterday and it's 5:23 minutes long and I'm listening to ma city rn and that's over 4 minutes as well.

Anyways we can remove BTS from this conversation seeing as their bridges are better than 99% of the kpop industry

from BTS's last studio album:

External Content open.spotify.com

Solo song that was released just last year:

External Content open.spotify.com

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• But why? Lol

Because they make no sense lol. To me it sounds like bridge and the rest of the song were composed by two different people but none of them knew what other person is doing lol. They always abruptly change the flow of the song, slow it down because it's time for high notes. I already mentioned in aespa - drama bop/flop thread that i wished the bridge didn't exist, it always throws me off. But i was obvious the only one, many liked the chorus best lol. But despite the bridge i listen to drama all the time, it's their best title track!

• Because they make no sense lol. To me it sounds like bridge and the rest of the song were composed by two different people but none of them knew what other person is doing lol. They always abruptly change the flow of the song, slow it down because it's time for high notes. I already mentioned in aespa - drama bop/flop thread that i wished the bridge didn't exist, it always throws me off. But i was obvious the only one, many liked the chorus best lol. But despite the bridge i listen to drama all the time, it's their best title track!

imo, with most of sm songs their bridges don't feel out of place as most of their songs are not got the beat kind of experimental songs. This suprises me as I thought bridges in their songs are the easiest to listen for non fans as they sound very normal. I remember during zimzalabim era everyone hated the song but everyone thought Joy part aka the bridge was good.

• Finally some Astronaut love, literally the best male solo song in recent memory and nobody, not even Army, talks about it omg.

And i looked up some older songs and 2nd gen actually did have some real winners in terms of song quality and song length. Hell even Boombayah was damn near 4 minutes long, it had a ton of different parts, singing verses, rap verses, prechorus, chorus, post chorus, outro, it's like what happened to music?

• I don't think SM's songs being longer is what makes their Spotify stats lower,but rather the fact that their songs are...an acquired taste a lot of times

That being said,I really hate this shift of songs becoming shorter and shorter for the sake of spotify and tiktok numbers,so I do give them credit for staying true to their craft and still producing properly structured songs that don't end by the time I sneeze.

• imo, with most of sm songs their bridges don't feel out of place as most of their songs are not got the beat kind of experimental songs. This suprises me as I thought bridges in their songs are the easiest to listen for non fans as they sound very normal. I remember during zimzalabim era everyone hated the song but everyone thought Joy part aka the bridge was good.

i don't like them, they are too jarring. from sm artists i only like kai (he's my 5th listened artist on spotify this year btw), he doesn't have out of place bridges. i really like his music.

zimzalabim is the textbook example of out of place bridge, it makes no sense, it belongs to a completely different song lol

• Hello friend, i was feeling alone here :pepe-high-five:

"I'm the drama"

"I'm a savage"

And then it goes from feeling badass to feeling like you need to get on your hands and knees and worship some great Eldritch Kwangya deity.

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!