Fall of YG and Return of Big3?

• So as you know BP is still in contract negotiations with YG, that or YG is too scared to say the results. So if BP doesn’t resign and with Babymonster not doing to hot. Could it possibly signal the end of the Big 4 era and a return of the Big 3 era with Hybe, JYP, and SM making up that group?

Of course this is irrelevant if BP resigns.

• I think it already happened because they are way too much dependent on one act in this case BP

if BP gone then woofff pooofff ciao bye overall YG status is gone

remember when people said that it might happen to BigHit before all those acquisitions etc?

but they did not only this, and not only created HYBE but also made sure that they will debut multiple acts and those acts became very, very successful as well

meanwhile what YG did in that time?

they fookin slept :sleepyr:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If BP disband Babymonster will just take their place and go on. I don't think BM will be as succesful as BP, that's very hard, but I think will have be able to keep up with other groups and being among the top 1-5 girl groups. Best solution for YGE is probably that BP goes solo, but YGE keep the contracts with the members and can profit from their solo projects but they don't disturb BM as a group.

• So as you know BP is still in contract negotiations with YG, that or YG is too scared to say the results. So if BP doesn’t resign and with Babymonster not doing to hot. Could it possibly signal the end of the Big 4 era and a return of the Big 3 era with Hybe, JYP, and SM making up that group?

Of course this is irrelevant if BP resigns.

BP will bring them a money even after hypothetical disbandment (which likely would not happen).They have plenty of other projects, for example, AKMU that is super successful domestically. So, don't worry for Hyun-suk's wallet, he will be at big-4 the next 5-10 years for sure

• Their fate will rely heavily on Babymonster, but we are still unclear how big they can become.

To be honest with you is more of big 3 losing their power in Korea because JYP is also losing their grip there. Whilst they still do well in sales and internationally their song performance is also not up to scratch. Did JYP even have a single hit song in korea this year? At least for YG there is still flower and love lee. SM is also not doing as well as they used to and they havent been for a while.

Hybe, Starship(IVE), Cube (g-idle) seem to be doing better than big 3 nowadays and if this continues it will be damaging to their reputation as big 3 overtime in korea. Of course internationally nothing will change but this 'big 3 companies' thing is something that is invented in korea to for koreans to recognize that they distinguish themselves from the rest of the companies.

Edited once, last by z1 ().

• I can always rely on Kpop fans being fucking morons.

While SM and Hybe sit in their rented floors of their headquarters YG is sitting in their $180 million 4-building complex they OWN counting all the money and revenue they have lapped JYP on while also watching their 4th gen boy group lap Hybe's in Japan, touring, revenue and sales.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I've seen it happen so many times to groups in SM.

When they feel like it, its like a switch turning off and on.

Rv weren't that popular initially. Then suddenly one day sm turned off the light for fx and turned them on for rv.

While SM and Hybe sit in their rented floors of their headquarters YG is sitting in their $180 million 4-building complex they OWN counting all the money and revenue they have lapped JYP on while also watching their 4th gen boy group lap Hybe's in Japan, touring, revenue and sales.

YG is going to jail, BB is over, Treasure is flopping, baemon struggling yeah 180 million building is enough for YG to last. Aren’t you tired of being wrong every time.

Well the big question is what was their Q3 financial figures, have they been released yet? JYP and HYBE have released theirs and saw a massive increase from previous year, not to mention JYP will be relocating to a new building soon as they’ve brought the land for it. If YG with BP isn’t making as much revenue and profit as JYP and HYBE (which from previous quarters looks to be the case), what’s the point of focusing on their artists, might as well pursue business ventures elsewhere. I will be surprised to see if YG doesn’t do as well as HYBE in Q3 especially given the world tour figures from BP, it will be shocking honestly 🫤

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!