You ever become a fan of a group for reasons unrelated to music or visuals?

• These two moments right here legitimately turned me into a LSF fan, more so than their released music at the time.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first one I clicked on randomly in my YT recs and died laughing. That made me check out their variety content, where I came across this legendary episode from their legendary Leniverse series:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This took me out. :pepe-joy:

I've never seen such a crackhead girl group since MMM, and they've been one of my top 2 favorite 4th gen groups ever since.

• no why would i stan a group based on their variety skills when most of the kpop groups aren't even funny

if i want to watch something i can just watch a variety show or a tv show

It really isn't that deep. It's okay if you follow your favorite groups for other reasons, but why are you acting like it's inconceivable someone could be enamored with the personalities of idols and group chemistry as much as anything else?

I started stanning Vixx after reading a story where the author used them as characters in their book LOL

This may be the most unique reason I've ever seen for someone deciding to stan :eyes:

I started stanning Stray Kids by watching Hyunjins AOTM performance. Does that count?

I don't see why it wouldn't :pepe-shrug:

• the ultimate decision factor for me to stan a group is the music, so no.

but i have to say one of the reasons that made me start stanning le sserafim last year (i eventually relegated them to semi-stan bc their recent releases were disappointing) was exactly their personalities. i think they are genuinely funny girls. it's refreshing to see their interactions, most of the "funny" moments in idol groups seem a bit forced but lsrfm is a group of 5 goofs fr. just watch that one zoom live they did once. pure comedy. :skull:

• for me, i get hooked because of the music but STANNN for the personality. there are groups were i lovee the music so much but i just can't connect well with the members so i dont rlly stan but casually follow instead with comebacks etc.

BUTTT for me svt was a wierd case. i rlly liked their music but it was more a couple of songs. then i started watching the members and OMFG I LOVE THEM SO MUCHHHHHHHH and then i listened to their songs AND YESSSSS I FCKING LOVE IT which is why they are one of my ults now hehe

and i love crackheads like svt and lesserafim + i love their music so now those two are my ultss

(im not sure if u stan bgs or not, but similar to lesserafim, you should TOTALLY watch going seventeen. literally the BEST idol variety show ever and i would bet money on it LOL. eg the dont lie series is FUNNY AF)

• Yeah, usually their personality/sense of humor/variety stuff is why I'll go beyond just listening to the music and check out their shows and stuff. Whatever I find entertaining I guess.

I think I gravitate towards those with a similar sense of humor as me. Think dry, witty or sarcastic one liners delivered at the perfect time. People who are a little more down to earth and chill. I don't really like those over the top or fake type personalities.

Over the top can sometimes be okay, but it's gotta be more real(?). Hard to define but think of the likes of Running Man's Kwangsoo or LSF Yunjin compared to say a Jessi or an OMG Seunghee as an example.

• maybe it's me but I never become a fan of a group because of the music or visuals

I can like music even from groups I'm not a fan of and I can appreciate visuals regardless of the group they're in...so to me what draws me in for a group is their personalities (at least what they show on camera) and group cohesion

I have songs from my favs that I don't like but it doesn't stop me from liking the group

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!