If the conversation is about TALENT, only one current gen girl group should be mentioned

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel like they always get left out of the conversation due to the convenient technicality of them not being a traditional K-Pop group, even though they're promoted in the traditional K-Pop style ;judgingpepe:

Rap. Vocal. Dance. Personality. Beauty.

They got it all.

XG is certified

• one of the best girl group nowadays

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• one of the best girl group nowadays

Oh my damn! I forgot how incredible this was! :holding-back-tears:

Thank you for picking up my slack and plugging their incredible vocal line

• keep up

External Content www.youtube.com

• Everytime I see someone going 'oh my god so talented' it's pretty standard meter rapping (which they don't write, so not even their own flow), decent but nothing outstanding vocals and dancing on par with say, LSF or IVE or NJ. Not exactly clearing anyone.

Particularly the Rap. Come back when they do a flow like this (and write like this)- 6tziGCS.png

• Everytime I see someone going 'oh my god so talented' it's pretty standard meter rapping (which they don't write, so not even their own flow), decent but nothing outstanding vocals and dancing on par with say, LSF or IVE or NJ. Not exactly clearing anyone.

Particularly the Rap. Come back when they do a flow like this (and write like this)- 6tziGCS.png

What's that

---======---

Eh?

You obviously have the right to your opinion, but XG's rapline is far from standard. Especially Cocona.

The rapper she sampled from, J.I.D., even shouted her out after listening to her verse, and it went extremely viral with hip hop fans who rarely, if ever, check for K-Pop songs. The other 3 were great on that Cipher, but Cocona was just out of this world.

Effortlessly and seamlessly rapping in 3 languages at the same time is standard? I've been listening to rap for a long time and that's news to me :/

Also, what do you mean by standard meter rapping? Cocona, Maya, Harvey and Jurin literally use completely different flows for each of their parts. Heck, Cocona and Maya changed their flows mid-verse.

I know you're plugging Soyeon, and I think she's easily the best female rapper in K-Pop. I was saying that before she even debuted as an idol (I watched Unpretty Rapstar 3; I know what she can do), but XG has the best rap line I've ever seen from any girl group I can think of.

I've also never seen IVE, LSF or even NJ dance this hard:

External Content www.youtube.com

But that's just me :pepe-shrug:

Is it Soyeon's rap in Dark x-file?

If we had to rank XG and Gidle members in each category I don’t think your girls would win. So let’s stop inserting in your favs. XG has no mediocre member

• Looks like this thread was tailor-made to beckon and resurrect me from the dead :pepegrin: And yes it echoes the sentiments i’d expressed many times before. Xg’s talents don’t get talked about enough, and that’s not even including their charms and charisma. One of the most impressive groups to emerge in years for sure

• Given the resistance of a lot of Kpop purists to "taking the K out of Kpop", to me it's understandable why they aren't mentioned more and shrugged off. Essentially, they are an example of just that if you think about it.

It used to be a lot worse when this phenomenon was less understood (now we even have "global groups" with non-Asian members from the Big 4).

I remember at one point Knetz were outraged when in an interview XG self-classified as Xpop rather than Kpop (even though they made sure to give credit to the Kpop system of which they are a product and very much a part of). Ironic since Knetz themselves initially dismissed them as "not Kpop".

Anyways, if you don't agree, maybe XG "taking the J out of Jpop" is another way to look at this. That works too, and in a very successful way as well:

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!