Truth is kpop stans dont care about international popularity if the group isnt doing well in SK

• Skz,Txt and a bunch more of othee bgs do really well internationally and no one cares. Fifty Fifty had a Barbie song and the biggest international hit and no one cared or considered them big players (the members themselves sabotaged the group later so its understandable why no one takes them seriously now). Everglow was massive at debut but the less they charted in SK the less kpop fans were invested on them. And what to say about Twice, that started being looked down by kpop fans as soon as korean gp turned the backs on them despite founding their bigger peaks internationally after the change? Or Itzy? It's quite interesting how fast kpop fans lose interest in groups as soon as they start flopping in Korea

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It's better for groups to do better in Korea because, they won't be idols forever. And this applies even more for GGs because they tend to have a shorter lifespan. BGs somehow some can still regroup when they leave company or when contracts end.

Doing well and making a name for yourself in Korea is more important because after you can transition to do other stuff.

Additionally, if you flop internationally like my faves maybe it's easier to get concert tickets hopefully

;judgingpepe:;judgingpepe:;judgingpepe:

Also, funny how every single international stat is always about USA like y'all be living in one country thinking y'all so important calling you bitches international like fk off

Skz,Txt and a bunch more of othee bgs do really well internationally and no one cares

they are trending in social media more than any top 4 gen ggs in international ;-)

people care, just that those people are not in your social media feed.

• I think its worth to do well internationally as an idol only if you have the rights of your own music. The money must be great

LOL

Ok Dive

Did I lie?

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think its worth to do well internationally as an idol only if you have the rights of your own music. The money must be great

Well problem is, most idols don't.

Like Stray Kids for example they do, most if not all? of their songs are written and co-composed by them.

But for like most 4th Gen GGs for example, other than (G)I-DLE, none of them are close to even 5% of that level

• I’m going to come out as an American here and just say: our music industry is just so much larger. The price and rate at which we consume music makes it not so that Americans dont care, but your favs. They just care about US because were more lucrative

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Thats the point

Fans care, anyone else doesn't

their fan must be massive then considering Stray Kids has nearly 2B streamed views on YouTube this year without a hit song in SK.

that only below BP, BTS, NJ this year.

they are more popular in Japan than any top ggs in 4 gen (touring, physical and I'm not familiar with Japan digital so I can't speak on that).

• Not for nothing, but i just dont hear about those groups that arent locally successful. Like they just aren’t as well marketed.

As for Everglow their quality dropped, same for Itzy.

ALSO their international popularity isnt as strong as the groups youre side eyeing like NewJeans or IVE or Black Pink.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• What do you mean from more? If by more you mean fandom stuff, sales and tour, that should be a no brainer

The BGs in question have millions of listeners and social media followers. Stray Kids has 27 million followers, IVE has 4 million. Stray Kids has twice as much daily streams than IVE with no song released in the last 5 months, when IVE just had a comeback two weeks ago

Seems like people indeed care far more for Stray Kids than IVE, even if the former is totally nugu in SK

• How come fans of NJ, Aespa, LSF or gidle don't keep on creating these types of threads to try to convince everyone that their group is successful?

Interesting how u guys are butthurt but can't deny what I said

The BGs in question have millions of listeners and social media followers. Stray Kids has 27 million followers, IVE has 4 million. Stray Kids has twice as much daily streams than IVE with no song released in the last 5 months, when IVE just had a comeback two weeks ago

Seems like people indeed care far more for Stray Kids than IVE, even if the former is totally nugu in SK

Then why dont u start comparing your faves to SKZ instead of Ive now if u care?

JCsIq3Q.gif

• If no one outside Stray Kids fans cared about them, their popularity would've stagnated a long time ago, cause It would mean they would be unable to get newer fans and would've been stucked with the same small bubble of fans from years ago.

The difference is just that they've been able to fidelize a newer audience into hardcore followers, unlike some other acts out there.

I mean, isn't It the ultimate goal? Look at how IVE's 'Either Way' can't outstream Stray Kids' last japanese comeback despite both being released during the same month, simply cause the so called people interested in their korean popularity aren't streaming enough.

• If no one outside Stray Kids fans cared about them, their popularity would've stagnated a long time ago, cause It would mean they would be unable to get newer fans and would've been stucked with the same small bubble of fans from years ago.

The difference is just that they've been able to fidelize a newer audience into hardcore followers, unlike some other acts out there.

I mean, isn't It the ultimate goal? Look at how IVE's 'Either Way' can't outstream Stray Kids' last japanese comeback despite both being released during the same month, simply cause the so called people interested in their korean popularity aren't streaming enough.

Yes many fans care about SKZ

The same way many fans care about Seventeen, TXT, Treasure, NCT, Twice, Itzy & etc

But no one bothers discussing about them and thats what I mean with kpop stans in general not caring.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Isn't the shift changing considering the charts are dead completely.

With companies recent push for global market, domestic market doesn't matter much.

Groups that does well internationally at the end lucked out currently.

• Yes many fans care about SKZ

The same way many fans care about Seventeen, TXT, Treasure, NCT, Twice, Itzy & etc

But no one bothers discussing about them and thats what I mean with kpop stans in general not caring.

I wish K-pop stans didn't care about discussing what Stray Kids does, so they wouldn't get so many inhumane hate consistently, but It has been far from reality.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Isn't the shift changing considering the charts are dead completely.

With companies recent push for global market, domestic market doesn't matter much.

Groups that does well internationally at the end lucked out currently.

Then why Blackpink and BTS still top charts in Korea while JYP acts doesn't if the charts are completely dead, like you said?

JCsIq3Q.gif

While SKZ has more a dedicated fanbase, that’s why their streams are more spread out with their b-sides IVE relies on the GP, but let’s not act IVE is some nugu when they chart overall better on Spotify, and Apple Music and has two top 10 on BB exc and on BB global.

SS completely rushed this era, so there’s a little hype for this cb, IVE Will have 1B streams this year, their best performance year with like 1/4 of SKZ’s discography.

• This is only true for a certain group of GG stans mostly. Not in general. Though I can see where you're coming from and how you'd have that opinion, especially considering this forum. And definitely some kpop fans really WANT this to be the case.

If it was true, then (like already pointed out) SKZ's numbers wouldn't be what they are and they wouldn't have been able to keep gaining attention+fans, and also god damn there's such an overwhelming amount of fans obsessed with trying to get popular hate posts and trying to ratio any SKZ posts from music to ambassadorships. They were even getting together to harass random non-kpop-fans saying they are deaf because they posted positively about the VMA performance.

Some fans really want to write off groups they don't like and groups they don't want to be more popular than their faves, and only caring about Melon is an easy way for them to do that. They are obsessed with Korean charting consider it "superior" to other charting, because they like that it validates a narrative they want. But the vast majority of kpop fans and people in general still judge groups' numbers/popularity overall and not just on one metric.

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

• While SKZ has more a dedicated fanbase, that’s why their streams are more spread out with their b-sides IVE relies on the GP, but let’s not act IVE is some nugu when they chart overall better on Spotify, and Apple Music and has two top 10 on BB exc and on BB global.

SS completely rushed this era, so there’s a little hype for this cb, IVE Will have 1B streams this year, their best performance year with like 1/4 of SKZ’s discography.

My point is not saying they are nugu and their whole discography struggles to be listened. My point is saying how the interest in their craft might be extremely fickle depending on what is fiting K-pop stans' taste.

In one comeback a few months ago they have a song with almost 200 million streams and now they are having trouble in surpassing 20 million streams in 3 title tracks in a row within one month.

Nothing changed on how they've been talked about on the community. International K-pop stans still care about discussing their steps and their charting. People are making a lot of threads about them on Allkpop. But in what is it benefiting their career and their numbers this era? For me, nothing worth bragging or making threads putting other groups down for, but you say.

• It’s the stray kids fans trying to create a narrative for me

Internationally all they have is a big fanbase, yap about those streams all you want but not a single popular song with even international Kpop fans

Their Spotify song and album charting is poor, op is right only their fans give 2 fck

And gg stans dck ride domestic charting so hard it’s not even funny, legit a song will start getting more listeners on Spotify just because it’s doing well on melon and vise versa.

International stats only matter when you have some sort of relevance in sk, that’s why nobody considered skz a top group. And why people think svt is more popular then them, when all they really have against them is sk charts

• Looks like the shoe have fit specific fandoms

While the fandoms of the 2 biggest groups internationally dgaf

I wonder why :pepe-hehe:

Skz,Txt and a bunch more of othee bgs do really well internationally and no one cares

I didn't need to search for any shoe to fit on my toe, you mentioned a narrative you created about Stray Kids on your OP.

If they weren't mentioned, I wouldn't be here.

• but SKZ is a top group.

• So, do you think Stray Kids fandom is still on the same size as It was in 2019 to mid 2020?

Genuinely asking. Since, according to your narrative, God's Menu hasn't happened. I suppose only the fans they had on rookie years exist and there wasn't any song (or songs) that expanded the interest on their craft to people who didn't have interest on them before. Never. Only fans.

• I disagree but only because you say things like 'no one'.

Obviously fans of groups like Stray Kids, TXT etc, but also other big players on an international level care very much.

I do agree that some people focus a lot on Korean popularity to determine whether or not a group is popular. That might have been the number 1 thing before, but with Kpop's massive growth abroad, it's just one factor and not the determining one.

I would argue Stray Kids is one of the biggest Kpop groups (easily top 5, maybe even top 3) right now, despite them not doing that well in South Korea.

• Delusional

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!