I feel bad for teens that are into kpop

• the whole list of body issues and body dysmorphia kpop can create for teens..I can't imagine being a teen into kpop at my most vulnerable brain state and then you see photoshopped ps surgery pics makeup pics then look in the mirror and wonder why you in your natural state don't look like that

Ofcourse this isn't really kpops fault or anyone's particular fault as this dates back to the early 20th century

Listen if you are reading this and you see a kpop idol that is very pretty/handsome and you look at yourself and you think "wow I don't look anything like them doss this mean I'm ugly" remember things can look very different and equally beautiful.

Remember christmas lights don't look anything like flowers and snowflakes don't look anything like gemstones but they're all still beautiful

• eh teens could get body image issues from literally any forms of media that is out there.

Unless you are suggesting that they avoid all forms of media.

On the other note I got into kpop when I was a teen and looking at the hard work of the idols and it inspired to go for what I like.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this is why I wish I would've held off on being a kpop fan until I was maybe a little older, I got into kpop when I was 13, and it was so bad for my self-esteem. I mean every idol is so pretty and perfect, eventually you start wondering what the heck is wrong with your face and body. ;(

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• eh teens could get body image issues from literally any forms of media that is out there.

Unless you are suggesting that they avoid all forms of media.

On the other note I got into kpop when I was a teen and looking at the hard work of the idols and it inspired to go for what I like.

Im not suggesting they stay off it tho just stating how bad it can be for them

Edit: cos obviously all media has harmful effects but telling teens not to do something is a surefire way to make them actually do it so

• this is why I wish I would've held off on being a kpop fan until I was maybe a little older, I got into kpop when I was 13, and it was so bad for my self-esteem. I mean every idol is so pretty and perfect, eventually you start wondering what the heck is wrong with your face and body. ;(

HEY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL YOU HEAR ME BIATCH

• It’s more important to have loving and responsible parents/support system. You can’t control media and media has always been about looks, kpop is nothing new. If anything at least teens these days have access to the internet where they can see posts like yours and others on social media that focus on body positivity. Imagine before all that and what they saw on TV was the only view of the world.

• Ikr , idols also say the most unhinged things about their diet so casually, being a teen into k-pop can be very disastrous

I remember AOA once played this game of how many coins they could fit inside their medular cavity

:pepe-shame:

I think one reason I was so drawn to Le Sserafim was I found their emphasis on exercise and fitness such a nice surprise since it was good to see Kpop idols promoting something good

• It will never be idols’ fault if people lack self esteem and confidence.

I agree with that its not anyone fault but kpop still can give dangerous body images to teens

Especially when we have a prolific website like KPROFILES.com casually stating 39-45kg as kpop idols weights

• It will never be idols’ fault if people lack self esteem and confidence.

This is false. Idols share openly their atrociously bad dietary habits and how little they eat and constantly talk about how they shouldn’t eat this and that. Not only do idol participate in unhealthy eating and dieting practice(which is their prerogative) but they share it with their young and impressionable fans and this is a terrible habit of theirs that should be called out more often (my favs included)

• I got into Kpop when I was 20. Honestly, K-pop helped me to take care of my appearance better. First impressions and how you present yourself are important when interacting with other people.

Like how you take care of the places you live in, if you put an effort into good hygiene and looking at least halfway decent people will definitely notice in a positive way. You don't have to be conventionally attractive you just have to care for yourself.

Having a messy horrible living space and not putting effort into looks or hygiene etc Tends to reflect the mental state of a person.

If you can't respect yourself or your own living space, it is a red flag for other people.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Yseki ().

• I worry about the world if people who have the learn from kpop about basic hygiene. Also we can’t actually smell them bet they smell like smoke and alcohol like 90% of the time 😭🤣

• I worry about the world if people who have the learn from kpop about basic hygiene. Also we can’t actually smell them bet they smell like smoke and alcohol like 90% of the time 😭🤣

No, my parents taught me basic hygiene lol.

I was more talking about fashion etc. And not just wearing what is most comfortable to me even if it looks bad lol.

Also, I'm neurodivergent so tbh I did not really care about whatever other people thought as long as they left me alone lol. (Still don't but I make an effort to pretend to be interested in other people's small talk etc ohh and to smile so people stop asking me if something is wrong when im perfectly happy lol)

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!