Not a single MAMA nomination for Itzy and Nmixx, jyp failed the 4th gen so bad, what will be the future for the next jyp's girl groups?

• F8zZh3yWwAAqxC4.jpeg

JYP has been know for being the strongest company in the girl group category thanks to debuted some of the biggest and most iconic 2nd and 3rd gen girl groups: Wonder Girls, Miss A and Twice after a huge start each one of those girl groups got affected later on by the company stupid decisions and management and only twice was strong enough to survive those incompetents.

But now in the 4th gen is way worse, Itzy started strong but it was too short they couldn't reach a peak near as half as big as previous girl groups and since the company didn't took the chance to make itzy the top girl group of their gen a huge number of new girl groups debuted, got bigger and overshadow them. Nmixx started really bad, but they have managed to find some little success but they will probably always be a mid tier girl group who can't compete with the high and top tier girl groups. Jyp lost the 4th gen battle so bad it's hard to think about the future of their next girl group in the 5th gen that will debut in 2 or 3 years.

This is sadly all twice fault :-( they become so big and successful that in 2019 when park jin young made another survival show but for staffs called Super Intern every single applicant told him jyp was the twice's entertainment company and that was all they were famous for, jyp didn't like that and after it in company reports it was mentioned making stray kids the pillars of the company was a top priority. 2019 was the year jyp started straight up sabotaging twice career and focusing all their effort in making stray kids bigger neglecting itzy and poorly planning nmixx debut.

screenshot-www.koreaboo.com-2023.10.19-14_55_52.png

• randkpopstan

Changed the title of the thread from “Not a single MAMA nomination fo Itzy and Nmixx, jyp failed the 4th gen so bad, what's the future for future jyp's girl groups?” to “Not a single MAMA nomination for Itzy and Nmixx, jyp failed the 4th gen so bad, what will be the future for the next jyp's girl groups?”.
  • Well they are both nominated for Worldwide Fans Choice Award

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Both Nmixx and Itzy are turning into failures (no shade to the girls) They're music at best is so-so. Cake also just solidified that JYP wants Itzy to fail, that song was so terrible. This is embarrassing, a bit, for JYP because their suppose to be apart of the big 3, and they can't even make a group that can compete with the likes of IVE, Aespa, and LSF. At first I thought YG would be the company that would go down quickly, but it might be JYP.

Super sad though that they got no big nominations. But this year wasn't good for them musically or popularity wise. I have no hope for whatever JYP is doing for these girls. They need to go back to the drawing board but I fear it's too late for Itzy.

• Both Nmixx and Itzy are turning into failures (no shade to the girls) They're music at best is so-so. Cake also just solidified that JYP wants Itzy to fail, that song was so terrible. This is embarrassing, a bit, for JYP because their suppose to be apart of the big 3, and they can't even make a group that can compete with the likes of IVE, Aespa, and LSF. At first I thought YG would be the company that would go down quickly, but it might be JYP.

Super sad though that they got no big nominations. But this year wasn't good for them musically or popularity wise. I have no hope for whatever JYP is doing for these girls. They need to go back to the drawing board but I fear it's too late for Itzy.

sneakers, cheshire and cake one after the other... some people can vibe to these songs but at some point when songs are not the best options. And the craziest thing is the company is thriving so hard despite this lol.

• sneakers, cheshire and cake one after the other... some people can vibe to these songs but at some point when songs are not the best options. And the craziest thing is the company is thriving so hard despite this lol.

I always question midzy when they say they liked those songs because...it's just bad and not even good bad like O.O. JYP still is okay for now but sooner or later they might not be.

Twice Dahyun GIF - Twice Dahyun No GIFs

• Usually one group has to completely fade or go into hiatus before another group takes over. I think Twice is still too strong for another girl group to be relevant in JYP. All the attention for girl group in JYPE is still going toward Twice.

• I feel like jyp wanted to follow the tactics that stray kids followed but failed miserably because the girl group market is different from boy group market. Jyp does acknowledge the power of fandom than just casual listeners and that's why they wanted their girl groups be more fandom focused like stray kids. Only twice pulled out the concept well but itzy and Nmixx couldn't unfortunately. But I'd say their fandoms are still quite strong looking at their album sales.

• So this means they won't perform at MAMA?

˙✧˖°🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖ Oh, you make my heart melt away˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖

• I feel like jyp wanted to follow the tactics that stray kids followed but failed miserably because the girl group market is different from boy group market. Jyp does acknowledge the power of fandom than just casual listeners and that's why they wanted their girl groups be more fandom focused like stray kids. Only twice pulled out the concept well but itzy and Nmixx couldn't unfortunately. But I'd say their fandoms are still quite strong looking at their album sales.

If anything, JYP actually succeeded in making both ITZY and NMIXX purely fan-driven. They totally lost the GP appeal and reputation built by Wonder Girl, Miss A, Twice

• If anything, JYP actually succeeded in making both ITZY and NMIXX purely fan-driven. They totally lost the GP appeal and reputation built by Wonder Girl, Miss A, Twice

It's a smart move to make their groups fandom driven instead of casual listeners. Causal listeners can change their taste of music and like other groups but the groups that were doing well for the casual fans will lose popularity overnight and companies will have a hard time to make money and draw attention towards them again. Dedicated fanbases will hardly go away. They always stick to the groups no matter what and as a result, companies can easily make money out of them. In the end they need money so no matter what they'll have to grab attention to the fans who will be dedicated enough to spend their money on the groups. Wonder girls and miss a were very popular but their fanbases weren't dedicated enough and that's why jyp had struggled a lot and had to disband them. They can also draw the attention of the casual fans by expanding the size of the dedicated fanbase. Stray kids is a good example for this. Outside the kpop bubble ppl may not know the name of the members but they're aware of skz and heard few songs of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!