What NewJeans did to Spotify this year should be illegal

• F8LoByaWwAATjAp?format=jpg&name=medium

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

giphy.gif

I was just browsing around and came across this info, and I realized even I didn't really have a firm grasp on how dominant SpotifyJeans has been this year. Wow.

Oops! I mean, Min Heejin and PayolaJeans can't keep getting away with this! When is somebody going to take a stand and put an end to the under the table deals and rampant nepotism they used to gain an unfair advantage!

• Is their money, if they want to buy streams so be it.

• yg did this to gain a huge advantage of most of blackpink peers back in the day and i think they never imagined another corporation could not only do the same but go way far, newjeans have spent already more time on the biggest spotify playlists than blackpink thanks to hybe money, its not illegal but newjeans fans need to have so shame and admit it.

• yg did this to gain a huge advantage of most of blackpink peers back in the day and i think they never imagined another corporation could not only do the same but go way far, newjeans have spent already more time on the biggest spotify playlists than blackpink thanks to hybe money, its not illegal but newjeans fans need to have so shame and admit it.

Lol, yet they still have the biggest debut streams without being added to TTH just like that list above show. This year they only behind Bts solo and Jisoo if I'm not mistaken. So why not pushing it? Why need to be shame of having a company that promoting their group really well. Newjeans also proving everyone they able to reach great number even before being added to that playlist. If they are below under any of these gg before being added to TTH, than I'm agree that it's embarassing but they're in fact still doing the best out of everyone on the list.

You know that this list is only for debut week right?

- OMG is on TTH after 1-2 months ( I don't remember the date)

- Super Shy is in TTH on day 4.

- Gods is TTH day 2.

Other songs aren't even in TTH.

what are you talking about blackpink blackpink's popularity happened organically they were actually were added to THH years later because they were popular already they weren't pushed from the very beginning. Hilarious you are bringing Bp and hybe is doing more playlisting than anyone this year

• what are you talking about blackpink blackpink's popularity happened organically they were actually were added to THH years later because they were popular already they weren't pushed from the very beginning. Hilarious you are bringing Bp and hybe is doing more playlisting than anyone with their artists this year

Maybe in the beginnings of their US venture but now blackpink spotify strategies are the most inorganic thing, last year i went to see today's top hits right after they released 1 of their songs and they got #1 position and the cover right after release like not even 5 minutes after, jungkook with one of the biggest spotify hits on history took weeks for spotify to get him #1 position and the cover. It's okay to admit blackpink labels were smart enough to use the right promotional strategies i wish so bad jyp did this for twice at least once.

• Maybe in the beginnings of their US venture but now blackpink spotify strategies are the most inorganic thing, last year i went to see today's top hits right after they released 1 of their songs and they got #1 position and the cover right after release like not even 5 minutes after, jungkook with one of the biggest spotify hits on history took weeks for spotify to get him #1 position and the cover. It's okay to admit blackpink labels were smart enough to use the right promotional strategies i wish so bad jyp did this for twice at least once.

it's not, their popularity was always there only for born pink they were pushed more with promotions if that's what you are talking about ( but that was UMG) but that was after many years also mass streaming is a thing + they have other things to back up their popularity that's my point and western artists gets added to THH too aka because they are popular already it got worse with ador/hybe let's be real the playlisting is something that gets associated with them nowdays + remixes etc...well twice is doing a lot of remixes for their last albums that's something....

• it's not, their popularity was always there only for born pink they were pushed more with promotions if that's what you are talking about ( but that was UMG) also mass streaming is a thing but that was after many years that's my point and westerns artists gets added to THH too aka because they are popular already it got worse with ador/hybe let's be real the playlisting is something that gets associated with them nowdays + remixes etc...well twice is doing a lot of remixes for their last albums that's something

Nobody is denying how popular they are, their songs woyld enter todays top hits too without their labels intervention but their labels knew that is not enough for the numbers they seek so they use those inorganic strategies, everyone who can use them does it so its understandable. Those remixes are useless unless you have a big dedicated fandom who can take advantage of them like armys, jyp doesn't care about twice they will never push them as hard as yg push blackpink.

• Nobody is denying how popular they are, their songs woyld enter todays top hits too without their labels intervention but their labels knew that is not enough for the numbers they seek so they use those inorganic strategies, everyone who can use them does it so its understandable. Those remixes are useless unless you have a big dedicated fandom who can take advantage of them like armys, jyp doesn't care about twice they will never push them as hard as yg push blackpink.

I wish YG would push them more actually if they want to push them they will make them release more songs and promote them more . are you aware that it's intercope/umg the ones that manage their activities in the US

• It’s time to stop acting like you know sht.

Nobody is denying how popular they are, their songs woyld enter todays top hits too without their labels intervention but their labels knew that is not enough for the numbers they seek so they use those inorganic strategies, everyone who can use them does it so its understandable. Those remixes are useless unless you have a big dedicated fandom who can take advantage of them like armys, jyp doesn't care about twice they will never push them as hard as yg push blackpink.

Maybe it’s time to accept twice was a fad and is irrelevant. Even Jennie solo song smashed anything they’ve done WITHOUT any fricken promo…

Jyp cares enough to put out a hundered remixed and mediaplay, their music is garbage that’s why nobody listens

• Maybe in the beginnings of their US venture but now blackpink spotify strategies are the most inorganic thing, last year i went to see today's top hits right after they released 1 of their songs and they got #1 position and the cover right after release like not even 5 minutes after, jungkook with one of the biggest spotify hits on history took weeks for spotify to get him #1 position and the cover. It's okay to admit blackpink labels were smart enough to use the right promotional strategies i wish so bad jyp did this for twice at least once.

Getting in tth is now inorganic for the biggest gg lol… jungkook fans were crying day in and day out about his playlisting anyways.

Twice doesn’t even last on global charts for a week anymore… no tth will help that mess

• It’s time to stop acting like you know sht.

Maybe it’s time to accept twice was a fad and is irrelevant. Even Jennie solo song smashed anything they’ve done WITHOUT any fricken promo…

Jyp cares enough to put out a hundered remixed and mediaplay, their music is garbage that’s why nobody listens

The way i was being nice but lets go. Jennie song didnt smashed at all, thanks to blackpink "connections" with spotify heads (aka jeremy erlich) her 2 versions got combined for the first 4 days when they shouldn't, and once that fraudulence was detected her song started free falling despite having all that promo for a supposed gift song, the song is already on today's top hits but the streams keeps decreasing. Believe me as a blink you should be the least one to talk about shit music.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!