Will BH decrease association with BTS for their next groups?

• I don't know much about Enhyphen, but TxT relation with BTS is really big. That's not a problem at all, but TxT is somewhat more know as BTS's junior than Bighit new group

I guess Enhyphen is somewhat free from it because they are associated with I-Land more than Bighit or BTS

With the rebrand will Bighit (or whatever is their new name) "cut" the association marketing of their junior groups to BTS and try to sell them as "Bighit groups" instead of "BTS's labelmates"?

For this I mean not allowing to mention BTS in interviews (os mentioning as little as possible), nor using BTS pages to promote the rookies, nor using BTS name/image in articles. Making the rookies cover as little BTS music as possible too

I see two reasons for this to happen:

- Consolidate Bighit position in the market, creating a strong brand for each public can easily recognize any of their future groups

- Stops the red ocean strategy selling their rookies mostly to BTS stans/BH stans and starting to find a market of non-fans of any BH group (or any kpop group for that matter) as a way to potentially increase sales to much higher levels

Their next girlgroup can be the perfect time for this change, as BG and GG doesn't exactly share the same kind of fans a direct association with BTS night not work as well as it worked with TxT, hence BH has no reason to sell girls as "BTS little sisters" but rather as "BH flagship girlgroup"

Discuss

• Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooo.

BTS are the cash cow, they literally made the company. Associating a group with them is basically printing money. So the company won't stop doing it. When BTS has the biggest and most active fanbase in the world, why the hell would you want to stop selling to them?

"Perfect time" lol, keep dreaming. If they do a gg, they'll be BTS's little sisters, because why not ride that fanwave while you can?

• This is red ocean strategy

You are cannibalizing your pool of customers whose money is not infinite to buy all your products over and over. It will lead to ceiling in your sales potential

If you sell to a completely different group of customers, then sales potential are limitless

• This is red ocean strategy

You are cannibalizing your pool of customers whose money is not infinite to buy all your products over and over. It will lead to ceiling in your sales potential

If you sell to a completely different group of customers, then sales potential are limitless

Bullshit.

They're not limiting their customer pool, they're using an existing (enormous) fanbase, while still marketing the group. If TXT get half of BTS's numbers it will keep the company afloat for the next 20 years. So yeah, go throw this poor excuse out the nearest window.

• Bullshit.

They're not limiting their customer pool, they're using an existing (enormous) fanbase, while still marketing the group. If TXT get half of BTS's numbers it will keep the company afloat for the next 20 years. So yeah, go throw this poor excuse out the nearest window.

And their next groups? Do you think armys money is somewhat infinite to buy BTS stuff and every other group stuff? That's stupid

• In the long term they will probably try to make a name for themselves. Like the big 3. They had so many groups that you don't associate them with only one. But it's still too early for Big Hit.

• I think the rebrand of name is more allowing BTS and somewhat txt to be clear of other Hybe stuff cos the company as a whole is expanding beyond imagination (all thanks to BTS ofc ) The name BH is too synonymous with BTS. They can’t avoid it and probably find it burden? Tbh from what I’m seeing I think it was a ok move so far.

I dunno if is this what you were asking 👀

• Yawn

So no answer? You are assuming:

- Every army is ready to buy stuff of at least one of each BH future groups

-Every army will keep hunting BTS stuff and other group stuff

- Every army will be forever a kpop fan who will buy albums, merchan, concert tickets etc

- every army

Seems three severely big (wrong) assumptions

Instead why just not target kpop fans who doesn't have a fandom in first place? No big group becomes big in the shadow of a existing fandom

• No, I'm just assuming you're a troll.

• They won't be marketing the new GG as 'little sisters of BTS' imo because iirc Source Music will be managing them

They need to decrease their association to stop pissing the fans off tbh

It's disrespectful to the groups

I'm still weirded out by what happened on Return Of Superman, sending TXT as replacements

• Simple. It's because BTS's brand is bigger than Bighit's atm so ofc people will associate BTS with every group coming from BH. Right now, it's TXT so they will endure most of it. It will change when BH have more groups and establish their brand more but the association with BTS would still be there, just because BTS is too big and iconic.

• And what makes you think every army is ready to stan any BH group?

You are right. There are a lot of fans like me who are not interested in Big Hit's other groups besides BTS. From the very beginning, Big Hit tried to make the TxT look like BTS's younger siblings, gaining fans for their new group, and it succeeded. Unfortunately, it's a tactic that all companies do. But I think it's incredibly absurd lol I don't see them as BTS's brothers or anything. It's just colleagues who are part of the same company. BTS will remain in this company for at least another 6 years, and I don't think BH will stop doing that from now on.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I am yet to see how bighit is using bts for txt. Compare their interactions with other big3 snr - jnr groups.

Other than media outlets and some magazines I never really noticed the bts association with txt.

How many times did bts mention txt ???

Also the rebranding is mostly due to the other investments they are doing. Bighit started as music but now they are even more focused to tech and IT. Obviously they want a new name cause ppl gonna bighit with music all the time.

• Bullshit.

And why do you think Armys will support TXT or other groups when most only care about BTS? With a fanbase like Armys it makes more sense for them to follow Red Ocean strategy else debacles like NYEL will repeat.

This whole family shit needs to stop. KArmys especially don't support it or other BH groups for that matter.

• Official Post

Marketing a Hybe family is really a doubled edged sword for them. There's still a lot of animosity among a portion of Army who don't like that "their" money is being used on new groups and acquisitions. I know there are a portion of Carats (idk about Buddies or L.O.Λ.E) who don't like that Seventeen is being swallowed by BigHit. BTS brought a lot of eyeballs to BigHit and their social media and they are making the best of them. It's just always going to be messy.

Every family/label activity they've done has had some kind of backlash. I honestly kind of feel bad for the person in charge of planning these things. The NYE concert, the Dynamite video, even those "What do you believe in?" selfies... I think it eventually got drowned out by love, but there were so many salty replies when they got posted. I feel like for the newer groups (specifically MOAs and Engenes) they are fine with interactions and group activities. They love it. The playground thing those groups did was veryh well received. (As did I. Still waiting on that Run BTS!/Going Seventeen crossover tbh.)

• I am yet to see how bighit is using bts for txt. Compare their interactions with other big3 snr - jnr groups.

Other than media outlets and some magazines I never really noticed the bts association with txt.

How many times did bts mention txt ???

Also the rebranding is mostly due to the other investments they are doing. Bighit started as music but now they are even more focused to tech and IT. Obviously they want a new name cause ppl gonna bighit with music all the time.

Exactly, after like 2019, they stopped asking TXT about being juniors to BTS in interviews.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• They won't be marketing the new GG as 'little sisters of BTS' imo because iirc Source Music will be managing them

They need to decrease their association to stop pissing the fans off tbh

It's disrespectful to the groups

I'm still weirded out by what happened on Return Of Superman, sending TXT as replacements

That pissed me off as a fan of both groups, they're not a simple replacement.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Marketing a Hybe family is really a doubled edged sword for them. There's still a lot of animosity among a portion of Army who don't like that "their" money is being used on new groups and acquisitions. I know there are a portion of Carats (idk about Buddies or L.O.Λ.E) who don't like that Seventeen is being swallowed by BigHit. BTS brought a lot of eyeballs to BigHit and their social media and they are making the best of them. It's just always going to be messy.

Every family/label activity they've done has had some kind of backlash. I honestly kind of feel bad for the person in charge of planning these things. The NYE concert, the Dynamite video, even those "What do you believe in?" selfies... I think it eventually got drowned out by love, but there were so many salty replies when they got posted. I feel like for the newer groups (specifically MOAs and Engenes) they are fine with interactions and group activities. They love it. The playground thing those groups did was veryh well received. (As did I. Still waiting on that Run BTS!/Going Seventeen crossover tbh.)

Imo a lot of it comes down to the fact that these groups didn’t train together. They don’t have the same experiences as other companies (SM, JYP, maybe YG) who have all trained together and shown their friendship.

You can’t just acquire groups and then make this ‘family’. Other groups have shown their bond and shared stories of what they did during their trainee days.

For BigHit (or Hybe?) it just seems forced. For the newer groups I can kinda see how it’d work. But I understand why most fans aren’t fond of the whole family idea.

• armys hyped txt's debut and for a few months after that and thats it

just because we have a good relationship with moa's doesnt mean all of us stan txt

most moas ive come across are mainly anime fans

txt is building their own fanbase and majority of armys are not interested in kpop anyway

• Imo a lot of it comes down to the fact that these groups didn’t train together. They don’t have the same experiences as other companies (SM, JYP, maybe YG) who have all trained together and shown their friendship.

You can’t just acquire groups and then make this ‘family’. Other groups have shown their bond and shared stories of what they did during their trainee days.

For BigHit (or Hybe?) it just seems forced. For the newer groups I can kinda see how it’d work. But I understand why most fans aren’t fond of the whole family idea.

I REALLY like this answer. HYBE is trying to force the relationship based on BTS alone, and it really doesn't work since BTS is older than all of the other groups under the different subsidiaries, besides TXT and EN- who actually are in the same age range and trained together (like Heeseung and Yeonjun).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I REALLY like this answer. HYBE is trying to force the relationship based on BTS alone, and it really doesn't work since BTS is older than all of the other groups under the different subsidiaries, besides TXT and EN- who actually are in the same age range and trained together (like Heeseung and Yeonjun).

How is HYBE forcing the relationship when the whole name change was to dissociate their IT and other ventures from their entertainment part?? You guys are reading into this too much :sweatr1:

• I thought the presentation clearly showed that each label under HYBE will maintain their own identity and purpose and I didn't get the family vibe at all. They even said so.

Literally Big hit Music is BTS and TXT that's it.

Infact NYEL was more marketed as labels connecting and coming together, it wasnt marketed as a family vibe so......

Maybe its just me.

• For a group that come out of nowhere like txt, or the next gg expected to debut this year, ofc they will need multi Armys or BH stans to support them.

So yes, the association with Bts is still there

But it can only help them for a short period of time

They need hardcore stans to survive on their own, which Bts can't give them

That is on the company management and themselves

But on salty people mind, they will always be "Bts brother/sister group" and everything they achieved is "thanks to Armys" :wellr:

• No they won't, Big Hit's entire strategy since the moment they started debuting other groups is trying to find opportunity to create associations with BTS, and I can tell you as someone who only follows BTS it is incredibly tiresome because even if you don't follow any outside of BTS you still get spammed by their their content. Being subscribed to the Big Hit Labels channel(with like 95 percent of subs being there just to see BTS content) yet constantly getting content from other groups in my feed is just not fun, they even post non-MVs/teasers of other groups who have their own individiual channels.

I would see a BTS chart account tweeting a weverse magazine that is talking about BTS and if I click suddenly I realize BH is also talking about other groups in it, the whole "Big Hit Labels" concert, and I can go on and on about all the non-BTS content I keep seeing even though I go out of my way not to.

This strategy is terrible because not only does it just piss off a lot of fans(the absolute majority of ARMYs do not care about other BH groups) and as much as people who decided to stan BTS and other BH groups their best to avoid fights, it can only last so long, eventually fanwars will break out between them over something like an award show voting or something else, and once that happens the kumbaya will end. Not to mention that the only reason this worked in the first place was because BH had still accumulated a lot of company stans who had no one else to stan outside of BTS, so when TXT came along they finally found something. and as more time passes and groups debut the novelty goes away, if there are 4-5 other groups under BH trying to claim "BTS junior" status will mean nothing.

• Where is the family push happening, cause I don't see it anywhere.

Bighit said they are not pushing forward for a entertainment company , they are investing more in IT and technology stuff.

I hope some users here atleast read before giving their opinion, cause it makes them look dumb.

• No they won't, Big Hit's entire strategy since the moment they started debuting other groups is trying to find opportunity to create associations with BTS, and I can tell you as someone who only follows BTS it is incredibly tiresome because even if you don't follow any outside of BTS you still get spammed by their their content. Being subscribed to the Big Hit Labels channel(with like 95 percent of subs being there just to see BTS content) yet constantly getting content from other groups in my feed is just not fun, they even post non-MVs/teasers of other groups who have their own individiual channels.

I would see a BTS chart account tweeting a weverse magazine that is talking about BTS and if I click suddenly I realize BH is also talking about other groups in it, the whole "Big Hit Labels" concert, and I can go on and on about all the non-BTS content I keep seeing even though I go out of my way not to.

This strategy is terrible because not only does it just piss off a lot of fans(the absolute majority of ARMYs do not care about other BH groups) and as much as people who decided to stan BTS and other BH groups their best to avoid fights, it can only last so long, eventually fanwars will break out between them over something like an award show voting or something else, and once that happens the kumbaya will end. Not to mention that the only reason this worked in the first place was because BH had still accumulated a lot of company stans who had no one else to stan outside of BTS, so when TXT came along they finally found something. and as more time passes and groups debut the novelty goes away, if there are 4-5 other groups under BH trying to claim "BTS junior" status will mean nothing.

May you should know that bighit channel had leehyun videos even before bts debuted. it's bighit channel not bts, yes for every we had only bts content cause that was there only active grouo, but it was no where mentioned in the channel that it is bts only. so it's wrong for us to assume that.

Did they post any thing in bangtan tv about other groups??? No right. did u see bts reacting or talking about any other bighit group? No, so how are they forcing the family thing.

The weverse article literally talks about bighit music and not bts, even then they clearly categorised the article to see that both groups are mentioned together.

BH is the last company that pushes the so called family narrative and yet we are at this stage.

• as far as i see it, the rebranding is working in this direction as well, to distance themselves a bit from BTS. BigHit will always be synonymous with BTS. This way they leave BigHit for BTS, but don't force the rest of the groups to be measured by the same stick.

• This thread contains 49 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!