Fans wanted IVE to be true to their concept instead of being influenced by their peers

• Is disco-y chaebol crush the true identity and way forward for IVE? 22

1. IVE should stick to chaebol crush / princess concept (15) 68%
    2. IVE should explore different concepts (6) 27%
    3. IVE should continue being Baddies and bring back the whips from WAVE (1) 5%

Previously in the thread about Either Way being IVE's attempt at a Ditto moment, I joked about the inspired lyrics of Off The Record copied below:

-------------------

"No more time" : Better Things, aespa, "I, I, I, got better things to do with my time"

"kill my vibe" : Bet On Me, ITZY, "I'm trying to kill my doubt, I won't deny my fear inside"

"forbidden island/fruit" : Eve Psyche, LE SSERAFIM/Rina Sawayama, "I wish for what's forbidden"

"on the ground" : On The Ground, Blackpink Rose, "everything I need is on the ground"

Cover Art/Theme: Cupid, Fifty Fifty

English Copy: (G)I-DLE Soyeon

-------------------

I was being tongue in cheek, but now with Baddie out, people are saying that it sounds like or reminds them of aespa, IDLE, or ITZY. It strikes me that the production team behind IVE might indeed be possibly running low on ideas and looking at recent 4th gen bops for inspiration. For me, rather than the sound/concept, it shows up in terms of choreography:

The moves:

NewJeans OMG

NMIXX LMLT

LSF Unforgiven

Somi FF

XG SS

XG SS

The timestamps:

0:24 NewJeans OMG

0:55 NMIXX LMLT

1:34 LSF Unforgiven

1:54 Somi FF

1:58 XG SS

2:12 XG SS

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So instead of just aespa, IDLE, and ITZY, we now have all the top groups represented. In a way, it's like a tribute to the year's bops, lol.

Anyways, while it's possible the production team might have been dealing with a creative block, I do think they did a good job and were smooth in integrating what they were inspired by rather than being too obvious and in your face. So it's a bit surprising the song's getting so many flop votes. Personally I wouldn't vote it a flop, but I do hesitate voting bop for some reason I can't put my finger on, even though I do like it.

Is disco-y chaebol crush the true identity and way forward for IVE?

• At this rate IVE will breathe and y'all will say that IVE is copying New Jeans method of breathing should they breathe differently and breathe in a different concept

Ive did copy Izone though, i teared up when i saw this.

Look at what Wonyoung does at 0:45 with the word "time"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Then compare it to this at 7:51:

Panorama flashbacks and Izone mafia variety show ;(;(;(

• BTW I saw this.

External Content twitter.com

• hm? lol what a fucking reach for the entire op.

like if you cutting out any kind of lyrics you'll sure find it on many songs.

also copying choreo? I mean where the choreo usually made by the same choreo maker that many groups also uses (either freemind/lachica)

does this "fans" are really a fans?

or is it just some kind of imaginary people in your head that fits your narrative?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!