Among the big4, which company treating their foreign idols the best?

• This is basically who is the least evil company towards their foreign idols.

For me:

Idk who is the best between jyp and hybe tbh. But I like how hybe give kazuha and hanni the same opportunity for cfs and brand deals with the other Korean members. If I remember correctly, they even the first to have solo activities in their group (except sakura & chaewon). For jyp, they are known to be the best in treating their foreign idols among the big 3 before this. I don’t really remember they have any big issues too with their foreign idols.

Next is yg. Lisa is their first foreigners in yg. Are they treating her the best? Of course not but at least she was giving lots of solo schedules and even become a judges in popular survival show in China that increase her popularity there. The bare minimum I know and she still facing huge discrimination, but who no one can win over sm for this topic.

The worst out of the worst is obviously sm. No words needed.

• Jyp made tzuyu film a hostage type of apology video just because she held flag of her country. She must have felt insanely humiliated and disrespected but jyp only cares about keeping money flowing to his pockets.

• Jyp made tzuyu film a hostage type of apology video just because she held flag of her country. She must have felt insanely humiliated and disrespected but jyp only cares about keeping money flowing to his pockets.

If only JYP was consistent about chasing that $ - wasn't there a user here recently complaining about how Onces didn't support Misamo by not calling out JYP's lack of promotions for Misamo's Japanese debut?

I remember a confusing argument by Onces that there's only so much promo you can do in Japan and more would naturally be put in for Korean solo debuts vs a Japanese sub-unit debuts, but looking at how well LSF is promoted in Japan, regularly appearing on tv shows, I'm not so sure.

• I always thought it was jyp but lately it’s hard to say, cause jyp isn’t debuting any foreigners lately. All I know is that sm is the worst

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• Why exactly is JYP above YG?

Is it just due to amount of foreigners?

I guess yes and they're not that good to Lisa too. Lots of brands that working with her complaining a lot about how difficult to work with yg and it didn't happen with other members. Jyp didn't focus on marketing their idols individually but during second gen they were doing a good job in promoting nickhun both in korea and internationally. They were also intended to push Fei and Jia in Korea but because they were not really confident with their korean language yet, so those offers goes to suzy.

Jyp is far from perfect for this matter but their track records is not that bad with how many foreigners they have and used to have in their company. Yg still have lots of things to prove.

• 1a) Source music - ( hybe ) - Sakura literally has her own show but she's a special case cus she's already such an established star with a HUGE following in both Korea and Japan; and has contracts in Japan with established endorsements. - that being said, Source did such a good job with her OUTSIDE of group activities - she's been a Guest in some Korean variety shows by herself exposing her witty charm toward the masses. She's such a pro, and so funny many have fallen to her charms.

While Kazuha isn't a regular at variety shows due to the language barrier, she's had endorsements and shined in their own shows and group activities.

Yunjin - has written her own songs and solo mvs and already has her solo stage - I think this is telling of Source being true to the contracts they signed that they can pursue what they're passionate about - specifically song writing and solo activities.

1b) ... Has to be Pledis (Hybe) - Jun and Minghao (The8) are active both in China and in Korea, and have since been gaining popularity in China. Minghao was a judge for an idol competition show in China, they released mixtapes/solo songs, and presently they divide their time btwn Korea and China to partake in Chinese variety shows and group activities in Korea - also are brand ambassadors for a Korean beauty brand (seperate from other members), were endorse by Coca Cola in China, and Ellair, plus more - they're EXTREMELY busy, making a fortune

Vernon and Joshua hasnt quite made a splash in the US by themselves just yet, but the US tour exposed them to a sleuth of US carats and are releasing solo songs and mixtapes. they also have solo endorsement deals with korean beauty brands.

2) is JYPE and YG tied. - i think everyone knows why based on comments here

3) is SM

• Got any proof? Sounds bs to me

Tzuyu's mom came to Korea and discussed with JYP before they decided together to do the apology video. Tzuyu's mom also released to the Taiwanese media that all she wanted was for the situation to die down as soon as possible so that Tzuyu can go back to being a singer. Tzuyu's mom was the one that wanted to do the apology and made the decision for Tzuyu along with JYP. That's something all Twice fans knew.

• Tzuyu's mom came to Korea and discussed with JYP before they decided together to do the apology video. Tzuyu's mom also released to the Taiwanese media that all she wanted was for the situation to die down as soon as possible so that Tzuyu can go back to being a singer. Tzuyu's mom was the one that wanted to do the apology and made the decision for Tzuyu along with JYP. That's something all Twice fans knew.

Or maybe jyp made tzuyu's mom to convince tzuyu to film that hostage apology video by threating that tzuyu's career would end if she does not and she had no other options other than to comply

• Or maybe jyp made tzuyu's mom to convince tzuyu to film that hostage apology video by threating that tzuyu's career would end if she does not and she had no other options other than to comply

oh let me play too!!

OR.. the chinese investors.. paid and convinced Tzuyu's mom to slap JYP for putting taiwanese flags on the table, showing her dominance which traumatized Tzuyu to apologize out of sheer fear of her mother's wrath!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!