Stray Kids 'S-Class' performance at VMAs receives a lot of praise from US Media!

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Quote from Billboard

#6 Stray Kids

Shortly after winning the best K-pop VMA for their song “S-Class,” Stray Kids performed the award-nabbing track. Moving around the stage with the precision of a Swiss watch while flaunting fashionably ripped pants, the musically unpredictable boy band captivated — and made a case that more awards shows would benefit by booking them.

Quote from Entertainment Tonight

The Stray Kids are all Class

After becoming first-time VMA winners earlier in the evening -- a win the K-Pop group could hardly believe when it was announced -- the artists took the stage and showed the crowd exactly why they deserved it!

The group, who won Best K-pop Video for their hit "S-Class," took the stage to perform the track in an intense, tightly-choreographed performance. In front of a dynamic, futuristic backdrop, Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N. sang and rapped in both Korean and English, and thrilled the crowd with their impressive dance movies and coordinated fashions

Quote from Rolling Stone

The group wasted no time jumping into the high-energy performance with seamless choreography. The glitching graphics behind them placed the singers in a laser-filled video game landscape. Midway through their set, Stray Kids was joined by a crew of additional dancers to take the show to the next left. They all fell into step together, not missing a beat while they traded off rap verses and vocal harmonies

Quote from The Messenger

Stray Kids Rock 2023 MTV VMAs With First ‘S-Class’ Awards Show Performance

Stray Kids set out to make an impression with their first ever MTV VMAs performance, and that's exactly what they did. The fourth-gen K-pop band performed the main track "S-Class" from their latest album, 5-Star, for the first time on an American awards show and stunned with complex choreography and first-class visuals.

[...] All eight boys showed off their moves and showcased the high-octane rock energy that they are known for. At the end of the performance they received raucous cheers and a standing ovation from Tiffany Haddish and more.

Quote from Cosmopolitan

Stray Kids Straight-Up Served With “S-Class” at the 2023 VMAs

The boys took the stage with a powerhouse performance of their action-packed single “S-CLASS,” marking the broadcast premiere of the single in the U.S. One thing about Stray Kids though? You already know they’re hyping up the crowd with their high energy and catchy choreo.

Quote from Volture

The Highs, Lows, and Whoas of the 2023 VMAs

WHOA: Stray Kids make it look easy.

The K-pop eight-piece hit every mark with style during their performance of “S-Class.” Yeah, they’re in their own class.

Quote from Teen Vogue

Stray Kids Make Their VMAs 2023 Debut With Fiery "S-Class" Performance

Stray Kids utilized every inch of the stage and delivered an unbridled performance fitting for the track's hyper-confident lyrics: "energy stands out, audience is immersed."

[...] True to their word, Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, Seungmin, and I.N lit up every corner of the venue with their explosive energy.

Quote from E L L E

Stray Kids know how to put on a show, so it should come as no surprise that the K-pop group blew up the stage during their MTV VMAs debut tonight. The eight-member band performed their 5-Star hit “S-Class,” which just earned them the VMA for Best K-pop earlier this evening. Their shocked reactions to the win is priceless.

[...] They returned to the stage later in the ceremony to deliver a dynamic performance, bursting with high energy and flawless choreography.

Quote from Spin

The 2023 VMAS: The Winners, Losers, And Best Performances

Stray Kids' performance was mentioned as a highlight high-energy stage alongside Cardi and Meghan, TXT, Shakira, Diddy and Kelsea Ballerini.

StayTaglist

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by Minazuki ().

• I was hearing a lot of shit from some certain Kpop Stan’s and expected it to be not too good but was pleasantly surprised and they did very well! I shouldn’t have doubted them especially from certainly bitter people

• I was hearing a lot of shit from some certain Kpop Stan’s and expected it to be not too good but was pleasantly surprised and they did very well! I shouldn’t have doubted them especially from certainly bitter people

K-pop stans have a one sided beef with this group that I will never understand.

Well, at least they are bringing in the engagement.

One thing about Stray Kids is that regardless If It's positive or negative, they will leave an impression. Their power.

• Tbh everyone is appreciating them the only ones who aren't are bitter miserable kpop stans. The locals they're talking about are just them pretending to be locals

• I hope SKZ continue to assert their identity and sound. This performance should be something that all K-POP fans should be proud of.

A Korean group, singing a Korean song, with K-POP choreography and K-POP stage outfits. They're showing the world what K-POP is about without being afraid of rejection.

• Ofc they're receiving a lot of praise. :love: They did so great as always. I love their performance, and so does everyone except for certain pressed kpop fans, what shocker lol. The crowd loved them too.

This was sick

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

a9888f11bb6ef6c2b673198d5343e8aab1efad58.jpg   5c40bd68412465344edf91a86be2dba01811fb34.jpg   5184d0e5ed837652c7895e93c6e75676da7c1512.jpg   70012d570dd06dce4792b2a5a73391112bc93bd9.jpg

• I hope SKZ continue to assert their identity and sound. This performance should be something that all K-POP fans should be proud of.

A Korean group, singing a Korean song, with K-POP choreography and K-POP stage outfits. They're showing the world what K-POP is about without being afraid of rejection.

Exactly <3

a9888f11bb6ef6c2b673198d5343e8aab1efad58.jpg   5c40bd68412465344edf91a86be2dba01811fb34.jpg   5184d0e5ed837652c7895e93c6e75676da7c1512.jpg   70012d570dd06dce4792b2a5a73391112bc93bd9.jpg

• they were fire!

i rlly loved it and damn the dance was amazinggg!

it was cool how they showed a new S-Class version and just the outfits and looks themselves were AMAZINGGGGG

off-topic, but my mom enjoyed watching them. She was singing and was happy because she found it cool that it was THAT same group She & I had gone to watch a few months earlier

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

If an act wants to stay true to their roots and being the epitome of K-pop, they are "embarrassing" it.

If an act tries to adjust their sound to be more palatable to western market, they are selling themselves out and searching for validation.

My theory is that K-pop stans just chose to be miserable and go with the best narrative to fit this archetype in.

• Ofc they're receiving a lot of praise. :love: They did so great as always. I love their performance, and so does everyone except for certain pressed kpop fans, what shocker lol. The crowd loved them too.

This was sick

The amount of great things we missed because of the camera work ||

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!