UPDATED: Best-selling kpop acts on Oricon in 2023

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THE FIMMIES BEING THE NUMBER 1 SELLING KPOP GG RN!!!!!!!!!!!
    and they've only been active for an year... imagine later on!

PLUSSSS THEY ARE GOING ON Shakeburi 007! The only kpop groups that EVER appear on the show are 2NE1, BIG BANG, Shinee, KARA, TWICE, TVXQ, BOA, SNSD, BTS & IZONE .this will be Kkura & Chaewon’s second time to appear on the show!!!!

• I wonder how much Aespa and Newjeans will sell for their debut Japanese debut. Aespa just selling out Tokyo dome and Newjeans charting really good in Japan.

I am curious for Nj. They already stable there without any promotion there before. I wonder how big their Japanese debut going to be as they seems to start seriously spreading their wings there through all these festivals.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THE FIMMIES BEING THE NUMBER 1 SELLING KPOP GG RN!!!!!!!!!!!
    and they've only been active for an year... imagine later on!

PLUSSSS THEY ARE GOING ON Shakeburi 007! The only kpop groups that EVER appear on the show are 2NE1, BIG BANG, Shinee, KARA, TWICE, TVXQ, BOA, SNSD, BTS & IZONE .this will be Kkura & Chaewon’s second time to appear on the show!!!!

you have 2 member of izone kami 4 , definitely you will sell album really well.

I wonder how much Aespa and Newjeans will sell for their debut Japanese debut. Aespa just selling out Tokyo dome and Newjeans charting really good in Japan.

they will doing really well obviously

• I guess the correct way to see it is why BG don't have presence in Korea

Elsewhere they are pretty strong. Japan, China, SEA, America

Ehhh.... I thought it just quite similar case everywhere too. The sell well and basically that's all for most kpop bg especially now. GG still topping the charts and more well known overall. I don’t really agree they have strong presence outside of their fandom.

• Ehhh.... I thought it just quite similar case everywhere too. The sell well and basically that's all for most kpop bg especially now. GG still topping the charts and more well known overall. I don’t really agree they have strong presence outside of their fandom.

To be fair GGs only top charts in SK, elsewhere not as much. Japan charts are filled with local artists

They are slightly stronger than BGs when it comes to charting but nowhere as dominant as in Korea. In Japan there are 9 BGs and 9 GGs on the top 200 on Spotify artists chart. The same holds true to almost every market where kpop is relevant

• To be fair GGs only top charts in SK, elsewhere not as much. Japan charts are filled with local artists

They are slightly stronger than BGs when it comes to charting but nowhere as dominant as in Korea. In Japan there are 9 BGs and 9 GGs on the top 200 on Spotify artists chart. The same holds true to almost every market where kpop is relevant

I am sorry but what exactly the difference here? Obviously they are not as dominant as in their home country, that's a logic. Yet bg still far behind them. For example, in spotify daily chart korea 200, at least nct able to touch top 40 while other top 100 are just combination of bts (group+solo), gg, lwy and other soloist. There are total 7 bg currently charting there. That's exactly what happen in spotify daily chart Japan 200 too. In top 100, only bts members present in the top 100 just like in korea with the combination of other gg songs. While only 4 bg currenty charting their songs there. And among that 200 songs, almost 15 of them are from gg alone.

But again why look at spotify not bb japan top 100? Only Bts and Svt are currently bg charting there. And we are not talking about longevity yet. In the state too for bb top 100, the hardest chart for kpop groups to enter because huge fanbase only is not enough, only Bts able to enter the chart while we have Bp, Twice, Nj, 5050, and also Wonder girls able to enter it. In Korea, this might equivalent to melon which again, at least some bg able to touch that top 100.

So, yes gg is not dominant like in Korea but bg are way far behind them. Bg outside of Bts are only strong within their fandom and not gp just like in Korea.

• I am sorry but what exactly the difference here? Obviously they are not as dominant as in their home country, that's a logic. Yet bg still far behind them. For example, in spotify daily chart korea 200, at least nct able to touch top 40 while other top 100 are just combination of bts (group+solo), gg, lwy and other soloist. There are total 7 bg currently charting there. That's exactly what happen in spotify daily chart Japan 200 too. In top 100, only bts members present in the top 100 just like in korea with the combination of other gg songs. While only 4 bg currenty charting their songs there. And among that 200 songs, almost 15 of them are from gg alone.

But again why look at spotify not bb japan top 100? Only Bts and Svt are currently bg charting there. And we are not talking about longevity yet. In the state too for bb top 100, the hardest chart for kpop groups to enter because huge fanbase only is not enough, only Bts able to enter the chart while we have Bp, Twice, Nj, 5050, and also Wonder girls able to enter it. In Korea, this might equivalent to melon which again, at least some bg able to touch that top 100.

So, yes gg is not dominant like in Korea but bg are way far behind them. Bg outside of Bts are only strong within their fandom and not gp just like in Korea.

You can chart in Hot 100 (USA) having a big fandom who purchase digital sales. It's the same in Korea where you have NCT 127 and NCT Dream getting #1 on Gaon thanks to downloads. Most BG fandoms don't bother because they prefer to Focus on album sales instead of digital sales. Twice charted on Hot 100 the same way as any BG, digital sales. Streaming wise only BP, NJ and BTS can enter there. 50 50 had a viral, that's akin to a nugu N Flying releasing a hit in Korea out of nothing. It's hardly representative of anything. I agree GGs are slightly stronger than BGs in foreign charts, but thr implications of being a huge gap is misleading

Your second mistake is to think GGs stats are only GP generated when they are, in reality, fandom generated too. Or do you think those GGs are selling 1 and 2 million albums without stabilished fandoms ?

There are several BGs with over 5 million monthly listeners on Spotify with groups like Enhypen, Seventeen, TxT and Stray Kids going as far as 9 to 10 million when they have comebacks. Those stats aren't any different from the average of G Idle, Les Serafim, Aespa, Twice or Ive

You can make a case there are a bit more hit GGs than BGs right now, but imo this is just because most companies are releasing new BGs now (Riize, BND, ZB1) in few years the number is more likely to become more even

There is no huge gap between BGs and GGs internationally unless you somehow wants us to believe GGs physical sales are GP-generated and all the millions of listeners of BGs are fans :skull:

In Korea the situation is entirely different. There is one Boygroup who can chart decently in Korea now, Seventeen while Girlgroups take turns replacing themselves in the top 10. This is an actual huge gap Where BGs have no standing or chance to actually win.

• SKZ will be over 1,1M now

External Content twitter.com

a9888f11bb6ef6c2b673198d5343e8aab1efad58.jpg   5c40bd68412465344edf91a86be2dba01811fb34.jpg   5184d0e5ed837652c7895e93c6e75676da7c1512.jpg   70012d570dd06dce4792b2a5a73391112bc93bd9.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!