What happened to Park Bogum?

• He took some long breaks in between love in the moonlight, Encounter and Record of Youth. I was surprised because he did seem to go on a bit of a hiatus when he was at his peak. He was probably fed up and honestly just needed time away from the spotlight. Record of Youth actually did very well viewership wise but the drama wasn’t that good. I kinda do think Park Bogum chose this drama because he’s had to deal with similar problems in his career, such as false rumors, hate comments, etc..He also has two movies coming out this year which took quite awhile to film and were pushed back probably cause of COVID.

• He is in the top 3 favorite actors TT I watched almost all the dramas where he is playing and I have to admit that most of them are boring, except Reply and Love in the Moonlight.

I waited for Encounter for months and I dropped it after 3 episodes, that's how bad it was. I watched and endured Hello Monster for him too, it was extremely boring,,, Same for ROY. I am pretty disappointed, he received pretty bad projects.

Also, he received a lot of hate comments after Encounter because he played with SHK and people found out later that he and SJK were friends which were a little bit awkward for some fans to watch it. TBH, idk why he accepted that role, it was such a big mistake,,,

In the contrary, I personally recommend this drama. Encounter is a poetry in motion. Many appreciate the story.

The only drama I've watched for nth times.

I believe, this drama won an award in Japan. Also, it was published according to Tsutaya(Japan) 'Encounter' is the number 1 most popular korean drama rented for 2020. Not only that, it was sold and aired successfully to several asian countries. Revenue wise, Im pretty sure it exceeds the production expectation. The drama was a success despite the divorce controversy.

Im glad Park BuGom accepted Encounter drama because it expand his international fan base.

• it didn't flop ratings wise, but apparently, it wasn't a good show

on mydramalist it has 7.6 rating, and everyone who watched backstreet rookie (7.7), melting me softly (7.6) and abyss (7.8) can guess how terrible the show must have been :angryr:

(these are my recommendation on what to never watch, do something better with your time).

he is lucky he enlisted, he didn't have to read negative comments

Ppl don’t like when male and female lead don’t live happily ever after. I personally didn’t mind the ending I thought it was realistic.

• Is Backstreet Rookie that bad ? I was planning on watching it next. I usually don’t trust bad reviews, but with K-Dramas people seem to be right in most cases.

When it comes to kdramas, even if it's really popular and has good reviews doesn't mean it's good, some people just like trash (no offence, that's me sometimes). But when a kdrama has bad reviews, then you know it's REALLY THAT BAD.

• Wasn't his latest work that movie about a human clone with Gong Yoo? I heard it was good and it probably did good in cinemas as well (but that's thanks to Gong Yoo, I reckon). I don't know what to say about PBG. He was cute in Reply 1988, but that's about it. I've also seen him in Love in The Moonlight. He isn't an extraordinary actor by any means, he's just alright. He probably owes his popularity to his looks (I also don't see why there's such a hype around it, but I guess it's personal taste). And yeah, I've heard about him being in that cult as well :-D I feel sorry for people who ended up in cults, because most of the time, they're victims of severe manipulation, and it seems like PBG grew up in it, so he really had no choice. But telling his fans to come to church services of said cult wasn't something worthy of praise (I'm not 100% sure this happened, but I've read it somewhere a long time ago).

• it didn't flop ratings wise, but apparently, it wasn't a good show

on mydramalist it has 7.6 rating, and everyone who watched backstreet rookie (7.7), melting me softly (7.6) and abyss (7.8) can guess how terrible the show must have been :angryr:

(these are my recommendation on what to never watch, do something better with your time).

he is lucky he enlisted, he didn't have to read negative comments

Abyss was kinda ok. Okay, maybe I'm just saying it because I liked the cast, lmao. I hate when a drama that isn't a serious thriller tries to incorporate a serial killer or a murder mystery of some sort. It just ends up being so badly executed. The same happened with Abyss. To be honest, I don't even remember what happened in that show. I just know they got new faces after their death and kept running from that murderer (or trying to catch him, I don't even know anymore) with that glowing ball or some shit. Why was it even called Abyss in the first place?

Didn't watch Backstreet Rookie or Melting Me Softly, but I've heard they're BAD. And the plot of BR kind of grosses me out, ngl. Seems like Ji Chang Wook didn't have a good drama since Healer :pepe-peek:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!