5 Reasons IVE is better than NewJeans (and 1 reason they are not)

• 1118full-ive.jpg

newjeans-wins-no-1-on-mcountdown.jpg

An inteligent detailed analysis on the two biggest girl groups of 2023.

Bunnies enter at own risk.

#5:

#4:

#3:

#2:

#1:

And the ONE reason they are not better:

• nope to all 5 of them. I see literaly absolutly like tragically nothing nothing nothing superior in Ive over NJ. Like nothing. Not even Wonyoung's beauty.

Music wise Eleven was an interesting and nice intro but since then, nothing meh.

Love dive was a very consistant pop song but nothing special either and overall Ive music is rather tacky but not in a cool way but in a 'kitsh' way lol.

So are their concepts, tacky, basic or unfashionably fashionable. (No offense but im just replying to your thread)

The best ive card is liz (and rei to some extent) but she is very inconsistant and nowhere near Hanni golden baby.

They are indeed very kpop but they sound like they're stuck in the 10's smh. While NJ is daring enough to take kpop to the next level and actually display REAL passion for music. Maybe even be at the avant garde of korean garage.

So in conclusion I highly disagree. At this point, comparing both groups sounds ridiculous. They have very very little in common and overall don't play in the same field at all. (Music, artwork, vision, star factor etc)

• Oh shit! BlackpinkHouse you might need to handle this.

• smile.gif

Did you really type this with your whole chest out?

It's ironic that NJ's music trend is called "garage", seeing as how any old rando on an Iphone can literally come up with an entire NJ melody and song in 10 minutes using Garageband omg. That's how repetitive and simplistic most of NJ tracks are. Attention and Hybe Boy had some good moments and hug the blop/bop borderline while OMG was a great song and their only sure fire bop, it was actually musically interesting with a real and interesting bridge. If OMG coulda just gotten rid of that incessant high hat trap racket, it wouldve been a 10 out of 10.

But the rest of their disco starting with Cookie, Hurt, Ditto and going into Super, Cool, New Jeans, is just drowzy and sleep inducing with hardly anything engaging and worthwhile.

Like just compare I AM alone to all 6 of the songs on this new EP, I AM has more musical complexity in one song than all 6 NJ songs combined tbh.

• The only 2 points I agree with this that IVE's musical identity sounds and feels much closer to the traditional KPOP formula and that it's super duper catchy. And ok yes, it took me longer to tell NJ apart, lol. They style them the same on purpose, ISTG. So kinda 3 and damn if they ain't more than half.

Otherwise, I think they are both set for very successful and fruitful careers. This is all about preferences - it isn't a better/worse thing unless you make it one. But alas, opinions are like buttholes - everyone's got one.

• The only 2 points I agree with this that IVE's musical identity sounds and feels much closer to the traditional KPOP formula and that it's super duper catchy. And ok yes, it took me longer to tell NJ apart, lol. They style them the same on purpose, ISTG. So kinda 3 and damn if they ain't more than half.

Otherwise, I think they are both set for very successful and fruitful careers. This is all about preferences - it isn't a better/worse thing unless you make it one. But alas, opinions are like buttholes - everyone's got one.

I'm glad you agree with this award winning analysis. Maybe you should put it as an article on the main site. Should get AKP a lot of clicks.

• Ive's music is euro-t(w)een-pop. It is something either you like or do not.

They have been and still are t(w)een focused. Cute but not as extreme as Teddy Bear or Too Spicy. Some people call it high-teen to make it sound fancy. Tween cute pop is good for the Korean market.

Their concept and music hinders their growth We already see other groups outgrowing them. Even NMixx are "selling" almost as many albums as Ive is "selling".

• But I thought this applied to NJ more than anyone else.

NJ is the outlier only because their music is strong. Not at the Cupid level, but strong. Most group's song are average quality. Fans hype up how good the songs are, but most songs released currently are pretty average.

• Complexity and loud sounds doesn’t means quality lol :clown:. Actually restrain and subtility, freshness, novelty and meaning are more signs of quality, talent and inventivity. Truly sorry if you can't understand that :sweat:.

I am has moments of greatness but it is also one of the most cringy song i have heard as of lately, it's actually half embarassing overall specially the high note chorus part. (ear bleeding :facepalm: )

Kitsh was a better song tho, pretty cool but nothing memorable and sadly running after trends rather than setting them or even bringing anything new on the table.

But i'm not one to impose my taste (or taste itself actually :eyes:) on anyone. So you can think and believe that Ive has great music or lol better music that NJ if you want, whatever ^^. Music is after all a rather subjective and personal experience.

• I actually really like IVE members (especially WY) but I can’t listen to their songs more than a few listens because of the blaring vocal strain and screeching high parts.

It’s not just IVE problem though, I literally refuse to listen to so many K-pop groups like Itzy, NMIXX and Twice (to a lesser extent) because of the same problem. Like no wonder so many K-pop fans have rotted brains ffs.

NewJeans is comfortable to listen to because their songs are actually in their vocal range. And while I get the “simple” critique, I don’t think music needs to be so overly produced to sound good.

Simplicity can actually go a long way and NewJeans’s music is known to grow on people a lot and I think this is part of the magic formula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!