5 Reasons IVE is better than NewJeans (and 1 reason they are not)

• I kind of mostly agree with Drew's points, inflammatory as they are written, but also agree with Ves that its very much opinion and preference based

Clearly some people prefer the more kpop sound, the visual diversity and vocal diversity that groups like IVE, LSF etc offer.

Others obviously dig the more "signature" sound sameyness and visual closeness of groups like NJ,

As someone in the former, I hope the NJ formula isn't going to becoming the overarching theme for new groups going forward and into 5th gen. I just find that kind of... boring.

• interesting read lol but I have to say other than hype boy and attention all their songs are boring they are like background music. Mind you, I haven't listened to everything but their new releases are too chill for my taste. Also, they don't have uniqueness in their voices that you can tell them apart which make it sound more monotone. I do get that some people are into that kind of music though since it's not noisy it's just not for everyone I suppose.

• I disagree wholeheartedly with #1 & #3 and I have been supporting IVE more than NewJeans

IVE MV is the simplest and typical Kpop MV you could get from 2nd Gen. Nothing outstanding. Mainly some random scenes (with a theme) + dance scenes. There is no plot or storytelling. They serve their purpose well as MV but i never thought they are outstanding no matter how dramatic they are (fireworks in After Like, jumping off plane in I Am). Not to mention that they mainly use greenscreens

Also, NewJeans also have diversity in their visuals. They have good representation of Korean beauty standard (KBS) - haerin, minji but also have Danielle with western features, Hanni with SEA descendent AND Hyein which is the model-type of look (she is not KBS)

Music wise they are arguable. I prefer IVE discography more at this juncture but OMG/Ditto are different from Attention/Hype Boy/Cookie. Though i dont really like Super Shy and Cool with You that much. I think they lack some interesting parts like their previous songs.. i hope when they pursue their artistic musical direction, they dont alienate the kpop market which mainly look for catchy fun bops (thats why Hype Boy outperform Attention, Ditto and OMG)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!