So why are IZ*ONE members doing better than Wanna One members?

• Ok I could be totally wrong about it. I.O.I and X1 doesn't count in this scenario because they are short lived so it's down to Wanna One vs IZ*ONE. W1 sold more, had more concerts, probably have a larger fanbase than IZ*ONE during their time as W1.

But somehow post IZ*ONE artists seem to be doing better than W1 artists. Comparing the latest sale numbers (and I could be wrong and not sure if I missed out anyone) its

Daniel>Yena>Yuri>Seongwu>Eunbi>every other W1 member

Group sales wise, it's IVE>LE SSERAFIM>NUEST>AB6IX>CIX

I mean shouldn't BG sales be higher than GG sales in general? All groups have "produce advantage" if you want to call it that, but even with the "BG has fandom" narrative, GGs are blowing them out of the water in sales. Don't even talk about charting. Daniel is the one that is surpassing all the other W1 members.

Not only that, for groups, IVE and LE SSERAFIM surpassed IZ*ONE, while every other post W1 group is selling like 1/10 of W1.

People say GP is fickle blah blah whatever then why are W1 members sales decreasing across the years? Is there no loyalty among the fans? Are WIZ*ONEs more loyal in supporting their faves?

• W1 selling alot doesn't really change the fact that IZ*ONE were still the longest active Produce group meaning they had time to gain a more active fanbase + they were popular in a time where KPOP was 10x more popular than it was in 2017

It also helps that they were popular in Japan as well so they had a somewhat more loyal following

Also mind you many of the post-Produce artists had very good starts (I remember Breathe charting decent for a BG) but fell off over time. That may be the case for some of these post-IZ*ONE acts too....a few of them are gonna end up being sacrificed sadly (dont see it for IVE or LSFM but maybe some of the soloists)

• Didn't W1 members screw themselves over? Kang Daniel got all cocky, started dating, beefing with his agency and etc. Others went into acting, didn't pursue idol careers serious. I am pretty sure at least top3 would be huge if they made the right choice.

• The longer promotion definitely playing a part.

It's also the fact that fans of producer groups don't want their pick to go back to their older groups.

Both seungwon and Minhyun fans were upset they returned to one-shot and nuest. They threatened the company that they will boycott if they are not separated from their og groups. Kinda of a dick moves.

I think both Yena and everglow would have tanked too if she was to be added to the line up like people predicted.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I only pay attention to Kang Daniel and Jisung as soloists. I know Kang Daniel has worked hard to overcome his mental health issues and build a name for himself and his company he created is doing well. So I definitely think as far as the males go he stands out.

But Jisung did amazing in Let Me Be Your Knight as an actor which probably helped him as a soloist. His acting was on par. I became a fan due to his acting.

AB6IX should be more popular but sadly they are nugu :(

Nu'est deserved the world, their company just sucked. I'm sad they didn't renew their contracts as a group but at least now they can do what makes each of them happy. I see alot of posts of Ren, Baekho, JR and Minhyun but nothing of the others.

CIX's music is mostly a miss for me...they aren't very popular. They have some good songs but most of the time I am not into it.

So I think their company and such plays an important part on why they aren't doing well after Wanna One...

At least for me.

• The main reason has to be the promotion period. It's honestly a bit of a mystery why post Wanna One projects apart from Daniel haven't succeeded because the group was insanely popular. 3B streams on Melon while IZ*ONE has about 900M with many more releases and a longer promotion period. The only explanation really is that the longer promotion period made the fans more invested and more prone to stick with IZ*ONE after disbandment. The W1 fans simply must have moved on to other things because basically none of the chart/sales success transferred over to the post disbandment projects.

Not only that, for groups, IVE and LE SSERAFIM surpassed IZ*ONE, while every other post W1 group is selling like 1/10 of W1.

I think Lesserafim needs this next comeback to do well before you can say they are surpassing IZ*ONE. Their debut charted better than IZ*ONEs Fiesta (the only IZ*ONE release to chart well) in terms of peak position and the sales were good. They are certainly set up to surpass IZ*ONE. IVE already left IZ*ONE in the dust with their debut alone, it's easy to see why Starship declined any contract extension, in hindsight.. even if it upset me greatly at the time.

Personally for me these 2 groups filled the void left by IZ*ONE even though I initially thought nothing ever could.

• it comes at the end of the day to company and promotions, some people put to much of the groups (both IVE's and LSRF's)'s popularity on izone when likely their current popularity don't really have much to do with izone, yes, the initial fanbase is from izone, just like W1 initial debuts but the massive grow in fanbase and recognition is based on their success alone, lets not forget that both IVE and LSRF's debut songs didn't jumped into top 10 at their debut, they actually both debuted outside top 100 melon, LSRF is a Hybe group, they would had done good without izone name tag, just look at NewJeans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!