NewJeans - 'ETA' Teaser

• BunniesTaglist

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Reminds me of

"It takes two to make a thing go right~~"

External Content youtu.be

:pepemusic:

• Man is this a Collab?

Please tell me it isn't.

I despise collabs. Especially the weird random pairings HYBE has been doing lately.

If they pull some Nile Rogers like crap with NEW JEANS I'm gonna be pissed.

No one gives a crap about these random additions kpop always does. Old dude with LESSERAFIM. Selena Gomez on zoom with BLACKPINK.

It's stupid. Who cares about these people.

We're here for NJs. Don't need or want anybody else .

• Reddit comment : "Eva, Mikel and Maria are the spanish versions of bibilical names (eve, michael and mary)!"

• Reddit comment : "Eva, Mikel and Maria are the spanish versions of bibilical names (eve, michael and mary)!"

Interesting. I wonder if this is MHJ being clever again, maybe the three names reflect characters important to the song or even the album concept. Maybe they ARE biblical in nature (Korea is a super conservative Christian country) but i would have a hard time understanding the marketing angle if this were true ngl. Or maybe they are actual people.

Whatever it is, the noise marketing will probably work, TW is probably going crazy trying to figure this out lol.

I've seen something way creepier. I really tried to think of it as a coincidence but it's an awful one either way.

Apparently ETA was a spanish terrorist group, Mikel is the name of one of the leaders and Maria is the name of his girlfriend and of one of the victims as well as Eva...

External Content twitter.com

• I've seen something way creepier. I really tried to think of it as a coincidence but it's an awful one either way.

Apparently ETA was a spanish terrorist group, Mikel is the name of one of the leaders and Maria is the name of his girlfriend and of one of the victims as well as Eva...

I might have to unstan NewJeans if this is the case. Using this as noise marketing is gross and inhumane. And stanning a group is supposed to be fun not stressful. And a huge controversy each comeback( Cookie lyrics, ending scene of OMG mv, and now this) is hella stressful. NewJeans are ambassadors for huge global brands and Warner Bros is basically sponsoring the comeback because of the Powerpuff girls collab so you'd think MHJ wouldn't do something as stupid as referencing a terrorist group in a comeback. I am praying this is just a huge coincidence and their going for the biblical theme instead...

• I might have to unstan NewJeans if this is the case. Using this as noise marketing is gross and inhumane. And stanning a group is supposed to be fun not stressful. And a huge controversy each comeback( Cookie lyrics, ending scene of OMG mv, and now this) is hella stressful. NewJeans are ambassadors for huge global brands and Warner Bros is basically sponsoring the comeback because of the Powerpuff girls collab so you'd think MHJ wouldn't do something as stupid as referencing a terrorist group in a comeback. I am praying this is just a huge coincidence and their going for the biblical theme instead...

it’s such a reach for it to be this so I’m just gonna enjoy the comeback as normal, ETA probably just means Estimated Time Of Arrival seeing as every other song here references time and is in English

• Min Heejin needs to be investigated mentally. The fact that they went to Spain to film something is obviously a BIG CHOICE since everything is pointing towards the terrorist group in that place.

• it’s such a reach for it to be this so I’m just gonna enjoy the comeback as normal, ETA probably just means Estimated Time Of Arrival seeing as every other song here references time and is in English

It could be a reach but just based on the info we have there are way too many coincidences. Honestly, I really hope ADOR releases a well-thought-out response to all this soon.

• It could be a reach but just based on the info we have there are way too many coincidences. Honestly, I really hope ADOR releases a well-thought-out response to all this soon.

“Hi This Is ADOR We Are Not Promoting Terrorism, Thank You”

Would be enough, but something tells me that’s not gonna be the response lmao

• “Hi This Is ADOR We Are Not Promoting Terrorism, Thank You”

Would be enough, but something tells me that’s not gonna be the response lmao

Knowing ADOR instead of doing research and getting PR involved to formulate an appropriate statement, its gonna like the Cookie statement. An overly emotional response that feels like MHJ typed it up herself while seething behind the computer instead of letting PR take care of things :pepe-shame:

• It could be a reach but just based on the info we have there are way too many coincidences. Honestly, I really hope ADOR releases a well-thought-out response to all this soon.

There is no well thought response. This is who min Hee jin is. She thinks everything is an aesthetic that’s how she operates.

Tbh idk if that’s right or wrong. There are many people like her. I stopped caring that much lol.

• Knowing ADOR instead of doing research and getting PR involved to formulate an appropriate statement, its gonna like the Cookie statement. An overly emotional response that feels like MHJ typed it up herself while seething behind the computer instead of letting PR take care of things :pepe-shame:

you’re right, it’s gonna open with “listen here you little s***s”, and the kpoppies will have won the battle

• There is no well thought response. This is who min Hee jin is. She thinks everything is an aesthetic that’s how she operates.

Tbh idk if that’s right or wrong. There are many people like her. I stopped caring that much lol.

I feel like an appropriate response would be to release more information and clarify that they weren't referencing a terrorist organization(if they weren't referencing a terrorist group which I hope they weren't) and apologize to fans who were hurt and disappointed. Maybe even change the character names of the people appearing in the MV.

• I feel like an appropriate response would be to release more information and clarify that they weren't referencing a terrorist organization(if they weren't referencing a terrorist group which I hope they weren't) and apologize to fans who were hurt and disappointed. Maybe even change the character names of the people appearing in the MV.

Eva -> Eve

Mikel -> Psyche

Maria -> Bluebeard’s Wife

• I feel like an appropriate response would be to release more information and clarify that they weren't referencing a terrorist organization(if they weren't referencing a terrorist group which I hope they weren't) and apologize to fans who were hurt and disappointed. Maybe even change the character names of the people appearing in the MV.

And how many times will you do that? This has been her MO since day 1. What’s the point of apologizing when she’s just going to do it again.

When sis made Kai do an incest photoshoot with his GF and BFF I knew how far she’d go for aesthetics :angryr:

• Some of you are really too much, just pause and think a second, MHJ is crazy, but not this much, do you really think a K-pop group will have a fucking MV with a terrorist concept????

But to say, from the day they've announced the track list I've been laughing at the song name, and the memes about it are :thumbup::thumbup:

If the MV really is about the this, wow, she fucking crazy, but this accusations are heavy, this is not "teenagers singing about sex" this is a group having a Spanish terrorist concept, read it again, it can't be, it would be too crazy.

• Some of you are really too much, just pause and think a second, MHJ is crazy, but not this much, do you really think a K-pop group will have a fucking MV with a terrorist concept????

But to say, from the day they've announced the track list I've been laughing at the song name, and the memes about it are :thumbup::thumbup:

If the MV really is about the this, wow, she fucking crazy, but this accusations are heavy, this is not "teenagers singing about sex" this is a group having a Spanish terrorist concept, read it again, it can't be, it would be too crazy.

it’s giving “today is the 25/06, 5-2 =3, 6 divided by 2 also = 3, illuminati confirmed, checkmate atheists” energy lol you can connect anything to everything if you’re willing enough to look for any scraps of coincidence to confirm your bias 😂

not saying there’s zero chance mhj will ever fuck up again but all this wild speculation and affirmative accusation about sth that hasn’t even happened yet is truly peak kpop culture for better or worse 😂

• ADOR RELEASES A STATEMENT!!!!!

Yes in fact a terrorist group being an aesthetic is EXACTLY the type of thing MHJ can do.

She will leave just enough ambiguity that unless someone says it out loud it can be denied but every single thing she does is edgy and try hard

• was it that obvious a connection for a Spanish person? I’m not Spanish and have no knowledge about this, so I’m pretty ignorant

Yeah, if you are Spanish you know ETA is a terrorist group, then eta is also a common word, not just the group. So yeah, from the very first time I made the connection.

Then the names, it could be names about the terrorist group, it could be biblical names or it could be my neighbours, because those names are so common here.

But then I'm positive about this, I refuse to think they are going for a Spanish terrorist group concept, it would be too heavy and crazy.

• Yes in fact a terrorist group being an aesthetic is EXACTLY the type of thing MHJ can do.

She will leave just enough ambiguity that unless someone says it out loud it can be denied but every single thing she does is edgy and try hard

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

True, MHJ, also known as the person who makes MVs about terrorism, holocaust, fascism, you know, someone with that curriculum. We know the things she do.

Pls, be serious, this wouldn't be a fucking scandal about teenagers singing about a cookie as a pussy or teenagers making sexy poses.

• This thread contains 62 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!