So, why are internationals still ignoring IVE Yujin and her popularity?

• I mean, I’ve finally seen people start talking about her again, but I still find it fascinating how little they talk about her if you think about it.

She is one of the first idols ever to have a solo bank CF, her variety show is massively popular, her Kitsch fancam went viral in Korea- people on Reddit acknowledge that solo success wise, she’s only after WY in 4th Gen

- yet I see only very few more people talk about her or acknowledge her. I really wonder why that is

• Because in the end IVE (Starship) does not come from an official "big" company. So they just don't have the same quantity of fans and less obsession to "brag", as is more common with big company group fandoms. So that trickles down to the members. Nobody calls IVE leaders of their generation despite their top position and achieving hit after hit. I've been following kpop since 2000 and its ALWAYS been like this.

• It is because this is only in Korea, which has minimal impact globally.

Kakao now has ive, aespa, stayc and gidle to market. It used to be only ive and stayc, 7 months ago. The total "marketing" spend and focus will shift gradually, with more going to the groups with greater growth. In 12 to 24 months the landscape is going to change significantly.

ive stans seems to be stuck in May 2022, but so much has changed in 12 months, and so much will change in another 12 months, now that Kakao has aespa and gidle.

• Because in the end IVE (Starship) does not come from an official "big" company. So they just don't have the same quantity of fans and less obsession to "brag", as is more common with big company group fandoms. So that trickles down to the members. Nobody calls IVE leaders of their generation despite their top position and achieving hit after hit. I've been following kpop since 2000 and its ALWAYS been like this.

This. People talk about big 4 groups all the time because there's a demand whether to hate them or to love them, to defend them or to drag them. Even in Korea, the trending site is always about big 4 gg + Wonyoung. Yujin is popular and very likeable to the point antis didn't have anything to said about her. One of the reasons why big 4 groups+ Wonyoung always in everyone mouth is because people trying to drag them down all the time which is not the case with Yujin.

• This. People talk about big 4 groups all the time because there's a demand whether to hate them or to love them, to defend them or to drag them. Even in Korea, the trending site is always about big 4 gg + Wonyoung. Yujin is popular and very likeable to the point antis didn't have anything to said about her. One of the reasons why big 4 groups+ Wonyoung always in everyone mouth is because people trying to drag them down all the time which is not the case with Yujin.

I don't think so, Yujin is popular in KR, but on a global scale, I feel like even Karina is more popular as an individual than Yujin (the girl I see can reach IT girl like WY)

but everyone acknowledges the WY IT girl for 4 gen though.

I can't believe u make sense

pepe-ooh

• I don't think so, Yujin is popular in KR, but on a global scale, I feel like even Karina is more popular as an individual than Yujin (the girl I see can reach IT girl like WY)

but everyone acknowledges the WY IT girl for 4 gen though.

Of course she's popular in Korea who said she's not, but as I said she's very likeable to the point that knetz didn't trying to ruin her reputation which equal to less buzz even if you compared to Karina, Wy and Winter who get trending easily bc knetz esp the pann girls trying to drag them down. She's in the good side with knetz but also that make her being less talk than the big 4 idols that they always want to drag.

You're just making stuff up now because the most common names when it comes to naming 4th gen GG leaders are either them or NewJeans. Before NewJeans debut it was pretty much universally accepted that they were #1 for a couple months there.

I do agree that some part of it comes from lack of company stans to brag about but really Yujin, while being successful and popular on her own, is simply just very VERY overshadowed by Wonyoung's success and popularity especially WW and consequently isn't as popular internationally as she would be in Korea. That's really it. Even the likes of Chaewon & Karina have better interactions or followers on places like Insta etc

• You're just making stuff up now because the most common names when it comes to naming 4th gen GG leaders are either them or NewJeans. Before NewJeans debut it was pretty much universally accepted that they were #1 for a couple months there.

I do agree that some part of it comes from lack of company stans to brag about but really Yujin, while being successful and popular on her own, is simply just very VERY overshadowed by Wonyoung's success and popularity especially WW and consequently isn't as popular internationally as she would be in Korea. That's really it.

She's overshadowed because there's not enough fans, or fans willing enough to be loud. So she's kind of the Rose/Ningning/Seulgi of the group

• Ive needs more time, consistent success and they need old big 3(bp, twice and rv) to move out of the way completely to start popping. Because right now, even you might have realised, they are not actually that popular globally. They only floating because of korean success and controversial figure that is wonyoung. It's tough to be in a small company and they need luck which they have been getting so far with sm, jyp and yg doing horrible promo with their new girlgroups. So the outlook looks good for now but if the big companies start the 5th gen early then there is no time for ive to breathe.

So I guess what im saying is there will be more talk about yujin when the group is actually popular in global community. Their korean popularity is much needed prerequisite but the global competition is it's own thing and doesn't mirror completely what happens in korea.

• Maybe the simple truth is Yujin is not popular among international fans compared to say Karina or Wonyoung. All of her accolades that you mentioned are not even known to me, and I follow IVE (not that closely though). Maybe it’s known more by Koreans and not international fans.

We’ll, I am aware of the fact that she’s not very popular among internationals, but what I find interesting is that her Korean popularity hasn’t really translated into respect from internationals in any kind of way. Internationals for example don’t stan Lim Young Woong, but they know that he’s really, really popular in Korea. So I had wondered why that didn’t happen with Yujin. Some theorize it’s because WY overshadows her and I think it’s partially that.

I think people bought into the „WY is like the Suzy of IVE“ narrative so much more that nobody even thinks about the other IVE members.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!