Lead vocal battle - Yeji vs Winter!!?

• Who's a better singer? 68

The result is only visible to the participants.

I saw this on a YouTube video, and no one ever compares vocal talent on here, it's either visuals or dance? :/

Who is the better lead vocalist ( I don't want to do main cause I think ningx2 has proved she's superior) but Yeji is a decent vocalist, and winter has proved to be amazing as well! Who's your pick?

:pepemusic:

1.) Winter

Aespa's Winter: meet the K-pop knockout being compared to K-drama actresses  So Yoo-jin and Yoon So-hee, and Girls' Generation leader Taeyeon | South  China Morning Post

2.) Yeji

ITZY GLOBAL #OneYearWithMIDZY⁰⁷²¹ on Twitter | Itzy, Kpop girls, Instagram  update

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• I have a problem with Aespa members in the polls. They only have two songs, it's really too little material to have a neutral and unbiased opinion.

As midzy, i can say Lia is one of the most underrated Main vocalist of the industry by far, but for that poll and what i've heard i'll go with Winter. Yeji got an High range, but she's still weak on somes points she need to keep improving and can become really better. She has really come a long way and has worked a lot to get to where she is today from what we have learned in her various interviews, and I am sure that she will continue to work a lot and really s 'improve a lot more with each comeback.

• OMG WINTERS PUPPY!

• I have a problem with Aespa members in the polls. They only have two songs, it's really too little material to have a neutral and unbiased opinion.

As midzy, i can say Lia is one of the most underrated Main vocalist of the industry by far, but for that poll and what i've heard i'll go with Winter. Yeji got an High range, but she's still weak on somes points she need to keep improving and can become really better. She has really come a long way and has worked a lot to get to where she is today from what we have learned in her various interviews, and I am sure that she will continue to work a lot and really s 'improve a lot more with each comeback.

Huh? You don't need to hear ten songs to decide if someone can sing or not? Usually after one song you get the general idea, itzy have been around 2 plus years and aespa have released one dance heavy and one vocal heavy song, so the comparison is more than enough

:wellr:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• As midzy, i can say Lia is one of the most underrated Main vocalist of the industry by far, but for that poll and what i've heard i'll go with Winter. Yeji got an High range, but she's still weak on somes points she need to keep improving and can become really better. She has really come a long way and has worked a lot to get to where she is today from what we have learned in her various interviews, and I am sure that she will continue to work a lot and really s 'improve a lot more with each comeback.

Not even trying to be rude, but Yeji is a much better vocalist than Lia, I would even say Chaeryeong (She's slept on?) Having more range doesn't mean your a better singer, but how you control your vocals whilst performing as well as your confidence in your voice, and Lia seems to have very little control

:peperain:

• Usually after one song you get the general idea

Not at all. I prefer still waiting an album release for get a good opinion on the group.

And Forever was not an "vocal heavy song", she need some vocals but not that much.

This is an "vocal heavy song" :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not even trying to be rude, but Yeji is a much better vocalist than Lia, I would even say Chaeryeong (She's slept on?) Having more range doesn't mean your a better singer, but how you control your vocals whilst performing as well as your confidence in your voice, and Lia seems to have very little control

:peperain:

Yeah ok you're good troll. I will just stop feeding you. Have a good day.

• Sorry, but in a talent show they don't wait for contestant to sing a whole album before they decide if they are a great singer? A person is either a good singer or they aren't. Forever was vocal heavy, it doesn't mean it was heavy with the vocals, but the song is a vocal ballad which focuses more on how they sound as opposed to an overall performance

:whatr:

• Yeah ok you're good troll. I will just stop feeding you. Have a good day.

Looks like some brought their sensitivity to the thread? I didn't say Lia is a bad vocalist, but girl needs to improve her confidence and stamina when singing, and if she doesn't want all the hard parts of their song then maybe step down from the main position?

:wellr:

• Winter, she's trained obviously better

Yeji isn't really trained she gives me natural singer where she kinda trained herself to sing I'm sure if she had proper training she'll be better also bestie evo-evolution Lia is vastly superior vocally to everyone in itzy she has best support and technique if I was to rank all aespa and itzy it'll go

NingNing

Lia/Winter < Lia has better lows terrible higher register Winter amazing high register her lower register not as good and Lia supports better than Winter but Witner's technique is better than Lia's

Karina < vastly superior to Giselle and Yeji has a broad range and good support but okish technique

Giselle/Yeji < Giselle technique is better than Yeji but Neither of them really support both are at best B minus vocalist

Chaeryeong

Yuna

Ryujin

• Very detailed explanation, I completely disagree though. I think winter has a way strong lower register (stronger than Lia) not as solid as Karina, but she has amazing control over it, for someone who sings comfortably between soprano - mezzo-soprano which requires a higher register, she has a comfortable control over lower range notes. Not even being Bias but it goes Ningx2, Winter,Karina then maybe Giselle = Lia and even that I'm not confident with, then the rest of itzy

:yesr:

• Did aespa ever sang live? With no loud backtracks? Honest question no hate, I don't follow the groups but as Far as I see on shows and stuff itzy holds their music live Very well specially with their coreo

They haven't sang 100 percent live yet, but this has very low backtrack

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also

7:34 - Winters literally practising her part live, I don't get why people still denying, They literally practising before the show

:pepefacepalm:

And itzy live performances aren't bad or good. I don't compare the heaving dancing performance vocals they are not really singing, it's just shouting lines which is understandable when you dance that much. But try ones where theyre also sitting and singing, like be in love or surf (Love this song), it's not badd, but it's not good :/

Edited once, last by evo-evolution ().

• Your passive aggressive aespa hate and shade is old sis speak up with your chest thnx and yes aespa have sung live multiple occasions with no back track before and after debut google is freeI

it's true they've sang on radio/ backstage etc :pepe-cowboy:

and the fact 3/4 have singing videos from before debut and the 4/4( Winter) speaks for herself :pepeflushed:

• ok, I will explain my comment and why I prefer yeji because it sparked (unintentionally) hateful comments. Keep in mind that English is not my first or second language. I have already watched some ITZY videos that the members sang live after win some competition in music shows, or singing for fans, or even in dance mvs and although they never seem to have a great repertoire of volcals techniques (I think, but I’m not an expert) nor has an incredible vocal extension, they all sounded very good, managing to sing their own songs well, even with the super difficult and tiring choreographies, so somehow I feel like I know their vocals. With AESPA however, even in videos where the fans attest that they are singing live, I always have the feeling that they have some type of vocal correction / vocal editing, because the voices seem kinda robotic and very similar to each other. There is a video of a youtuber that talks about how obsessed with autotune and vocal correction the shows in Korea are, exemplifying this in the vocals of the members of girls genaration and others (

). I am not saying that my opinion is the truth, or even if it is, is not the girls’s fault, because I am sure they have no choice in this, and over time these company decisions tend to harm the artist who is never free to sing completely live. This kind of thing with time can make artists feel very insecure about their own talent. But anyways, I don't feel like I know the real voice of the aespa’s members, so there is no comparison for me. I'm not saying that they don't have talent, or that they don't know how to sing live, but this polished image that SM tries to print in the group's concept, makes me feel like they don't sound genuine (the vocals), it always seems fake or edited.

• ok, I will explain my comment and why I prefer yeji because it sparked (unintentionally) hateful comments. Keep in mind that English is not my first or second language. I have already watched some ITZY videos that the members sang live after win some competition in music shows, or singing for fans, or even in dance mvs and although they never seem to have a great repertoire of volcals techniques (I think, but I’m not an expert) nor has an incredible vocal extension, they all sounded very good, managing to sing their own songs well, even with the super difficult and tiring choreographies, so somehow I feel like I know their vocals. With AESPA however, even in videos where the fans attest that they are singing live, I always have the feeling that they have some type of vocal correction / vocal editing, because the voices seem kinda robotic and very similar to each other. There is a video of a youtuber that talks about how obsessed with autotune and vocal correction the shows in Korea are, exemplifying this in the vocals of the members of girls genaration and others (

). I am not saying that my opinion is the truth, or even if it is, is not the girls’s fault, because I am sure they have no choice in this, and over time these company decisions tend to harm the artist who is never free to sing completely live. This kind of thing with time can make artists feel very insecure about their own talent. But anyways, I don't feel like I know the real voice of the aespa’s members, so there is no comparison for me. I'm not saying that they don't have talent, or that they don't know how to sing live, but this polished image that SM tries to print in the group's concept, makes me feel like they don't sound genuine (the vocals), it always seems fake or edited.

It's fine to have opinions, some people say Mariah is better, some people say Whitney Huston and some say Beyonce is the best. It's just fun and games to compare

:yesr:

https://youtu.be/1mn4TKU_XgM

https://youtu.be/FBeDpAptDnE

https://youtu.be/DUuLxpxw_u8

All live raw and unedited how are y'all still running with this narrative they don't sing without backtrack?? Frankly Winter vs Yeji isn't fair vocally Winter is too superior a more fair fight is Giselle vs Yeji vocals

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!