Why did Jessi Ho succeed in what CL tried but failed?

• Why did Jessi Ho succeed in what CL tried but failed? 42

1. Because YG sabotaged CL's career (15) 36%
    2. CL's music is not as good as Jessi's (5) 12%
    3. Jessi has swaggTM but CL is a poser (7) 17%
    4. Jessi just knows how to promote herself better (15) 36%

CL started at the top; leader of a globally(?) successful Big 3 "girl crush" girl group. Jessi meanwhile was rejected from several kpop companies for her 'unique' style and started from the bottom and hustled her way up.

But if you asked Koreans (or ifans) who is more relevant today they will say Jessi. Obviously we all know Big 2's are big on sabotaging careers and due to non-disclosure agreements, CL could only 'hint' at it. She even begged YG one time to let her promote, I think she said "what about me". She's now free and has her own agent (Scooter Brown?), and she has more connections than Jessi. So why did her career stagnate so much and went nowhere, relatively speaking?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by godkingteshub: needed to add the word 'hustle' somewhere ().

• the fact that she was sabotage

that she keep promote herself as the baddest asian meanwhile only her outfit was badass, and this "badass" energy never show in her personality in contrary of Jessi

the thing that attract Korean more to Jessi now, is because she's sexy , sultry and badass in her mv and on stage, and when you watch her appareance in reality show or her interview she's all these things too

it's not just a sticker she put on herself and that her company put on her

it's what she is

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Jessi brought American swag to Korean when CL wanted to go to USA and promote there...

I think that's the tea

+ timing

+ friends - I mean if you are close to Yoo Jae Suk and Lee Hyori then it's like winning lottery

• YG sabotage tbh. She said multiple times she had various songs finished but wasn't allowed to release almost anything for years. She even had a song with florence and the machine apparently.

Also Jessi is much better at variety shows and stuff, CL is very shy. Jessi has had a lot more promo in korea + Pnation know what they are doing.

New kpop fans don't know much about older groups so without any promo, CL really lost momentum. Hopefully she can have a strong comeback.

• Jessi isn’t popular globally like that so she didn’t really win. She’s a household name with kpop fans but that’s it lol.

But yeah CL could’ve have Jessi career in Korea if YG didn’t sabotaged her and wasn’t big headed for a US career.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Well it was both her and the company i think.

1. CL didn't want to promote in Korea she wanted to pursue a career straight in the US and that was a wrong move and also she released well some really bad collabs...

2. both scooter and yg failed her

A lot of wrong decisions were made

Drop some moneY

erosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif896e43bc70930fa93538987bcf98568f828dbdc4.gifv 4ed3672a47d5a1db609af94f6965ecb4df788778.gifv 1569dce42941a2054232901ca03faba39b1d1fb5.gifverosezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• cl was dumb and thought she could make it alone in the us and with a song like lifted lol, i remember that even her co workers including taeyang warned her against that but she didn't listen

i even forgot lifted exists lmao, that's its impact

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• Jessi made her way through varieties. She used to be a “flop” in the past. Also like someone said she brought the US image to Korea while music wise, CL tried to sell that in the US. Bringing nothing new to the table instead end up as looking average. That’s why I think (no matter how crazy it sounds) a cutesy Kpop group/solo might make it in the US. Someone like IU perhaps? It may seem funny and impossible but it brings something new.

lt64IYu.gif

• I think both CL and YGE were at fault.

Her persistence about an usa career with YGE delusional and "incompetent" way of dealing this is what makes her career to where she is now..

I think she can go back to the top, but with how she is managing her career id. And to me her songs are not really that great tbh...

• Jessi never was popular only due to her music. It was more that she was very entertaining in variety shows and then got much more popular. CL wasn‘t promoted right. YG literally doesn’t even try to promote and a lot of artists complained that yg is slow as hell

• So why did her career stagnate so much and went nowhere, relatively speaking?

I think that her long involuntary hiatus, and low presence media where the main reason, cuz despite Jessi back then being less popular, she was always releasing something, or been a featured in shows like Unpretty Rapstar and such, so in the long run, despite not being in big companies, she was able to garner and maintain lots of fans, while not just CL's (also 2NE1's too) fans went to be part of other fandoms, due to said hiatus

Edit: And yes YG is the on one blame, I think that he didn't wanted to obfuscate Blackpink's debut (and their success to come as a new group in general) by letting 2NE1 release new songs, and have their solos properly

• I, honestly, dont even know how their careers can be compared.

Jessi is where she is bc of shows mostly. She is talented, but the most hype comes from the shows. And she promotes in Korea and isnt really releasing number 1 hits of the year or something as the OP and you all present here.

CL promotions were in the USA. She didnt have 1/10 of Jessi's promotions. And at the time of release her songs didnt even do a lot worse than Jessi's, some did better (even though "badass" concept wasnt popular at that time as much as now and kpop market was like half of todays).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!