Why did both Ive and Aespa sales not grow much between comebacks?

• Most groups doubled their sales with latest album, Stray Kids from 1.3M preorders for Oddinary to 2.3M for Maxident, Seventeen from 2M preorders for Face the Sun to 4.6M preorders for FML, Lsrfm from 620K for Antifragile to 1.38M for Unforgiven. Aespa’s Girls had 1.6M preorders and this new comeback they have 1.8M preorders, only 200K increase. Same with Ive, their first week sales only increase 200K between last comeback and this comeback. Both Aespa/Ive has many hits, probably even more than Skz/Svt, so why did the sales slow down?

• It's easier for boygroups to solidify and grow a fanbase. They do it even without releasing a popular song, now imagine when they do - SKZ/SVT 2022 releases - and are able to expand their popularity where they weren't as big before, like Seventeen has been conquering the West and Stray Kids got massive on China and Japan.

For girlgroups to grow in sales/fandom to the same extent they need to keep releasing multiple game changers in their career, not only simple popular songs. And It's impossible to happen every comeback.

THIS ACCOUNT IS A DEVOTEE OF UZUKI KEI AND AKAO RION

f44f802e2c39b47e396dd95feb87177fd472e3b4.jpg

• It is because their songs in the previous comeback were not good.

Fans will say that it was fantastic, but they are biased.

Ive imo will stagnate next comeback. Aespa... will depend on their song later today... if its great they have good growth next comeback, if it is bad or really bad, they stagnate or decline next comeback.

• ive grow between release from their firs hit(debut)-mega hit-!following mega hit" hit

the grow was there but people thought going from single to album would change anything when people dont buy "albums" bc of that.

• They peaked within their respective markets

They need to tap into new markets most especially the west cause that's where k-pop is making the most money today after East Asia 👀

Yeah right when aespa about to do Tokyo Dome without Jp debut

I suspect SM under-stock Spicy album because it's still under Dreamus (has ties with LSM) . The same way on how Warner didn't do anything for aespa (except obligatory promo tweet) because they are waiting for the contracts to end

• and btw comparing ggs to bg fandoms just dont work

one thing, 17 is simultaneously deforesting asia with their photocards while polluting the ocean and all those poor sea turtles

there grow is not palpable, thats why people wonder: why 17 sell so much? same for skz or any other bg at this point

all lack streaming wise so that take away from their physical sales whatever they like it or not

• It is because their songs in the previous comeback were not good.

Fans will say that it was fantastic, but they are biased.

Ive imo will stagnate next comeback. Aespa... will depend on their song later today... if its great they have good growth next comeback, if it is bad or really bad, they stagnate or decline next comeback.

Afterlike, I AM, and Kitsch were all 9s and 10s what are you on? Much better than Love Dive which is more like a 6 nowadays. And we see that song popularity with ULs, Afterlike had over 620k, Kitsch had 500k, and I AM had 580k, while Love Dive only peaked around 470k.

• and btw comparing ggs to bg fandoms just dont work

one thing, 17 is simultaneously deforesting asia with their photocards while polluting the ocean and all those poor sea turtles

there grow is not palpable, thats why people wonder: why 17 sell so much? same for skz or any other bg at this point

all lack streaming wise so that take away from their physical sales whatever they like it or not

yeah boy group album sales never impress me in all honestly they lack so much in other areas and we know they have an advantage just by the fact they a boy group it's unfair to compare them to girl groups

also I think aespa is doing fine in all honestly it might seem easy but having over 2M in preorders isn't an easy feat for girl groups

• Afterlike, I AM, and Kitsch were all 9s and 10s what are you on? Much better than Love Dive which is more like a 6 nowadays. And we see that song popularity with ULs, Afterlike had over 620k, Kitsch had 500k, and I AM had 580k, while Love Dive only peaked around 470k.

Then I and every single advertiser in Korea must be wrong in thinking that NJs is the most popular girl group in Korea now. #EVERYONEKNOWS

• I think it is important that Aespa get a good song this time. This will make the competition fiercer, and drive all involved companies to put out good songs, not trash. Several good performing groups will drive up general interest in Western markets, and the next Hallyu wave.

• Each group doesn't release the same amount of versions or has the same price nowadays for their albums. So it's pointless to compare.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!