Will Fifty Fifty pull the plug on Melon?

• FF's owner is probably the first in KPop industry to realize that it is futile to follow K-O-R-E-A-N popularity.

FF has NO friends in K-O-R-E-A, they are never seen with other figures in KPop.

It is now entering the top half of the billboards but it is no hit in K-O-R-E-A and is in 20s in the infamous melon chart, the most toxic chart in the history of pop.

It has not paid filial duty to KPop's 1,344 years old relic and shows no signs of doing so.

I think that if FF enters top 10 of Billboards while not doing so in Melon, it will probably pull the plug on Melon, where the established acts, and nonKPoppers like the 1,344 years old and the gaggle of trottists persist and do NOT represent the actually relevant songs.

The fame of the 1,344 years old was entirely based from her strong performance in the melon charts, owned by her mother company.

FF is finally pouring ketchup to the head of the 1,344 years old, who will have no way to fight FF without Melon backing her up.

• This is funny since all of the expected heroes from the 4th gen can't put a definite end to That Being.

And out of nowhere 5050 came, like something so alien, giving no regards to all earthlings.

What do you see for their trajectory since they do one of your prophecies to abandon K-O-R-E-A? What lies in their future?

• Melon is irrelevant now, as there is no correlation between how well you do in Melon and how successful you are globally.

The 2 most successful active groups are Twice and BP.

Twice's most recent song, Set Me Free, peaked at 94 on Melon.

Jisoo only went on Inkigayo two times to promote her recent release and that was it.

It is because promoting in Korea is a negative for them, as the more time they promote in Korea the less money they make.

• In what world are TWICE the second most successful active group. They’re being outcharted and outstreamed by at least 5 groups rn

• In what world are TWICE the second most successful active group. They’re being outcharted and outstreamed by at least 5 groups rn

Did any of those groups except BP, bring in $200 million USD in concert sales and a similar amount in merchandising sales at these concerts the last 12 months?

Thats why a ranking in a digital chart and especially a Korean digital chart doesn't mean very much.

• Did any of those groups except BP, bring in $200 million USD in concert sales and a similar amount in merchandising sales at these concerts the last 12 months?

Thats why a ranking in a digital chart and especially a Korean digital chart doesn't mean very much.

I see what you're saying but at the end of the day these are mostly Korean artists. There is video proof of them caring about Melon rankings, literally crying when they do well. It makes sense too, they grew up all watching the Melon and Gaon charts, for them it's the equivalent to the Hot 100 and US Spotify charts.

I mean, imagine someone like Taylor or Ariana...do you think they would prefer getting #1 on Gaon or Oricon or Japan Hot 100 or UK Top 100 Singles or whatever, or getting #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 here? Every local artist would rather chart well in their own country versus getting #1s in rando foreign countries.

• This is funny since all of the expected heroes from the 4th gen can't put a definite end to That Being.

And out of nowhere 5050 came, like something so alien, giving no regards to all earthlings.

What do you see for their trajectory since they do one of your prophecies to abandon K-O-R-E-A? What lies in their future?

It is now putting all existing KPop acts out of business

However, at this point, its owner is NOT thinking correctly, doing strange things like sending the girls to some K-O-R-E-A-N event or sending the lead vocalist to surgery.

It would be better if he sells the company to some major Western outfit instead of trying to run it himself, which he does not seem to be able to do so.

• Hybe miscalculated badly

Losing K-O-R-E-A is not much of a loss

let the vocalists and trottists have K-O-R-E-A and free it from K-O-R-E-A-N influence

• Any time spent in K-O-R-E-A is a waste of time

• Well, for this one it's because a health reason. Because on her content she said that it's sad that her body can't move like she wants it to.

Apparently the owner never watched this clip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Apparently the owner never watched this clip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And they will let her sitting on a chair forever?

Idk about Jin's condition back then, but recently Chaehyun also had an injury and they still make her promote while sitting. But that injury seems like would heal in no long time.

Aran's case might be something more serious since they've consulted with a doctor and decides to have a surgery. And it's actually a long time problem (I forgot if it's even before cupid debut or not) and half this time Aran promoting with her predicament.

It's a different situation I think

• What we know is Psy never recovered from his return to Korea to fulfill his promise with the third tier colleges there

The momentum is being lost because the owner listened

• i don't know nothing bouts no melon but we gots to put some respect on melons name. fifty fifty ain't bout to be leaving korea...they ain't leaving korea to go preform at the grammys, they ain't. everybody wants to be billboard now, charting on billboard, payola and frauding on billboard, it gots to stop, it gots to. not okay. we got to support fifty fifty and whatever they predicament is...we gots to. i ain't know nothing about no melon. no melon chart. #fraudswillnotwin #supportthynugu

• i don't know nothing bouts no melon but we gots to put some respect on melons name. fifty fifty ain't bout to be leaving korea...they ain't leaving korea to go preform at the grammys, they ain't. everybody wants to be billboard now, charting on billboard, payola and frauding on billboard, it gots to stop, it gots to. not okay. we got to support fifty fifty and whatever they predicament is...we gots to. i ain't know nothing about no melon. no melon chart. #fraudswillnotwin #supportthynugu

Melon is now a rock solid playground for established acts and it also promotes the balladists in the old says and the trottists now. It has to die so singers who are suited for Melon, including the figure on the left of this post, will pass into history and nugus can strike their luck in spotify and other foreign charts, not wasting time to please the K-O-R-E-A-N ears.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!