[enter-talk] DON'T YOU GUYS FIND THAT THE PHYSICAL ALBUM SALES ARE WEIRD LATELY?

• [enter-talk] DON'T YOU GUYS FIND THAT THE PHYSICAL ALBUM SALES ARE WEIRD LATELY?

AVvXsEj4gET1iCFYMKCFwHE4acAhWqTbt2jURUhzJrkurlc4hOYLyAYCGhgkarI-kf9iQrTNsaoAtmoMNmY3expqee3kntNdT0UCLmxvrRHzz7zYX2vf9a88YxVyR_97Lcvuellkgu2pyWhTUYatyPk04i-KF0TuhkrDMKz8Nr6WIhZfVBGc05RuCGeuBe4S=w640-h464
    Am I the only one who feels that way? The kids who are selling more than Twice, how come they're unable to go on world tour at the scale of Twice's world tour?
    People are saying that the albums are bought from Chinese fans, but are they as popular as BlackPink in China, who holds the highest sales volume? Nopㅋㅋㅋ
    They're f*cking weird honestly
    For example, BTS's total sales was 5M, their first week sales was 3M and their concert had 2M attendees
    BlackPink's total sales was 2.8M, first week sales was 1.5M and concert had 1.5M attendees
    Twice's total sales was 1.5M, first week sales was 650K and their concert had 500K attendees
    If you're going to keep on shielding, look at Bigbang with 1.5M attendees, so why aren't they able to match that? And we're talking about 8 years ago, when albums were way more significant than now, so what's different? Back then, female idols selling even 100K was considered impressive

post response:
    [+215][-80]
    original post: here

1. [+77, -7]
    ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ You've written your answer in your post ㅋㅋㅋ Right now, we're in a different era than when albums were still important ㅋㅋ Right now, the general public's acknowledgement is less and less important and the core fandom became the most important. Of course, the physicla albums sales will rise too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You're so f*cking hilarious writing your post when you have the answer yourself

2. [+67, -7]
    But it's just because the rich investors are able to buy f*cking lots of albums no? Especially international fans. You can see with aespa's first week sales blowing up in legendary proportions. It's all thanks to Chinese bars who are able to buy large amounts of albums that they hit daebak. Rather than a lot of people buying, it's more like a single huge investor buying lots of albums now

3. [+62, -8]
    Grandma, stop this already, if they develop their career more in the future, they'll be able to go on world tours too

4. [+58, -68]
    I stopped trusting in these numbers when RV went from selling 100K to 450K ㅋㅋㅋ They had a power trip controversy and nobody was joining the fandom anymore at that point in time, so you're gonna tell me that they were able to almost 5x their figures? ㅋㅋㅋ As for aespa, China also bought 800K of those 1.1M albums, so without China's help, aespa would've sold 300K, meanwhile they weren't even able to fill the Jamsil concert with 5000 people ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Of course it's weird

5. [+57, -3]
    Of course it's different if you only have 1 seat/person in tours, but 1 person can decide to purchase 100, 1000 or 10K albums ㅋㅋ Anyways, that's the amount of money fans are ready to invest in their singers, because that's their affection. I don't understand what's so weird about it

[enter-talk] DON'T YOU GUYS FIND THAT THE PHYSICAL ALBUM SALES ARE WEIRD LATELY?
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• I've already accepted that NMIXX's fandom bulk buys.

They are on a showcase tour right now, and they only had about 13k seats sold in the US leg of their tour.

They also JUST had a song do semi-well digitally, so their numbers are definitely inflated by fans from certain countries bulk buying like crazy.

I guess NMIXX is blessed to have rich fans. Good for them!

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• only in k-pop do you find people this crazy over albums. everybody wants to bulk buy...waste precious money, which makes no sense, money is a concept...everything should be free, but kpop fans be wasting money, they be wasting, they be evil people...that deserve nothing...deserve no peace, never donating to charity, never using money to buy a donut, never using money to buy a new house, just buying stupid albums, bulk buying, stealing, frauding, faking. what has precious humanity come to...with these evil beings, we cannot stop them...we cannot stop the evil....so sick...so bad....heartbreaking. hate kpop fans. we gotta pray for humanity...pray for the children.......save bulk buyers...send them to be reaped and judged....evil people out there....evil people out there

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I personally buy 1 of each versions but never really more than 5. After a while I tend to give my extra copies away to other fans.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• if the group is popular ex ateez i'll buy one of each

if the group is nugu example: up10tion i will bulk buy

why? because ateez is easier to find and purchase on second had sites/trade etc

where as up10tion is harder. if i want to complete or have a chance at completing a set BECAUSE I COLLECT STUFF, then yeah i'm gonna bulk buy and resell the albums/doubles/extras

it's really not weird to me but everyone acts like it's some big deal. Plus as i said so many times, bulk buyers do it for video call opportunities, fan signings etc, the more you buy the better your chances. If they'd do it a different way where, you buy 1 and get 1 chance that would probably reduce the risk of bulk buying, but as long as the more you buy the higher your chances happen, people are gonna continue to do so.

• Well... I'm not that type, who buys kpop albums very often (I'm also not the type of person who shops online), but I think I would rather buy 1 version of an album.

Like I buy albums for the music. But of course, that one ATEEZ album I own has extra stuff like photo book, photocard and stickers.

imagine if they bought books for knowledge and stored them like this. I guess it's their life choice to waste it on this shit thats all lies.

I have much more books than kpop albums lol

and sometimes I have joked to myself that the ATEEZ album I own is a collection of poems. (because of it having papers with lyrics in them)

but I know that it isn't me, you're talking about.

• Because many are still seeing sales as a racing game, Jenn.

They'll never see (or more like don't care) a perspective of a collector, and the video call/fan signing pursuer.

(Also for these collector and vc/fs enjoyer, bulk buying is a win-win situation for both them and the artist, because they got to collect, meet the artist, while also give them money)

And also there are another type of people that are bulk buying to hunt the photocards, mainly searching the rare one, and than sell it.

• well yes there are pc's worth a lot out there you can make 10 x what you bought it for, so why not? i have nothing against that either lol. But no, people can't understand reasonable things they just wanna bitch to bitch. so it becomes one of htem peanuts teachers and you just hear womp womp womp all the time lol

• I mean....people throw hundreds of dollars at streamers just as a way of thanking them for providing free entertainment. A lot of fans do the same thing for idols except through buying albums for support. The only difference is the fans actually get something to keep. So I really don't see what the big deal is. People can do whatever they feel like with their money.

• I dont think nmixx fandom behavior is that much different from the other fandoms.

In any case other fandoms just dont want to admit as openly as you do. 😅

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!