[theqoo] "JUST LIKE NEWJEANS"... FEMALE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE BECOMING OBSESSED. PARENTS "SHOULD I BUY THEM ONE?", EMERGENCY STATE

• parents can't risk their kid jumping off a building because they wouldn't buy their daughter the $3000 Dior bag than Haerin is advertising.

They won’t jump off a bridge because of that they will jump off a bridge because they study at school until like 10-11pm have 25 after schools they need to go too in a week and because their entire life is based off one rest score that if they failure they won’t be able to go to the 5-10 universities that mater here. That’s why Korean kids jump off buildings and shit. Not because they didn’t get the latest Dior bag

• never truer spoken. If NJ decided not to accept the massive payout of a luxury brand ad, they’d be dragged by the same toxic people for being lame/nugu or something

(And the kids will still want a luxury handbag)

They should be advertising TOEFL books, not Dior handbags.

• They should be advertising TOEFL books, not Dior handbags.

Genius idea

• Korean are actually deep in credit card debt since all their previous government encourage spending with credit card to boast economy so now it would only get worst with these new ''get a Gucci bag or you are a loser'' trend happening there ...

• It’s actually an amazing financial strategy to promote New Jeans with luxury brands. Since, we already know SK is the top consumer of luxury brands.

I feel bad for any teen or young person growing up with the beast known as social media. I would just say don’t compare yourself! Yet, a logical response can’t solve an emotional problem.

• are you fucking serious? if your kid threatens to jump off a building bc you won’t buy them some toy costing a whole house, you’ve failed as a parent. don’t divert the blame to others for your own failings lol take some accountability for once good god this is absurd.

you’ve always had some very deplorable takes on this website but this is a new level of dumb

Bullying is a serious issue in South Korea. Simplifying down to them just wanting to jump off because mommy said no it’s dumb asf also. I doubt it’s the parents causing such a strong emotional reaction they want to fucking die. Its the children there age mocking and bullying anyone that doesn’t have these luxury goods.

The article even quotes:

“Appearance and financial success can resonate more with consumers in South Korea than in most other countries,” analysts wrote in the report. Showcasing the reason behind why they are buying these bags stem from wanting to conform to the collective value they hold. That’s a cultural issue not solely parents fault.

• as a teen, wtf are they going to do with those bags? like put their phones and their $10 allowance in there? I'm pretty sure that they're at school for most of their day so it doesn't really make sense to buy luxury bags when you can barely use it. plus a lot of teens are always losing things so it'd pretty much just be a waste of money. in my opinion, i don't really like luxury bags because they're a bit too adultish.

they should buy bags on shein smh they're so much more cuter :pepefacepalm:

sleep

a

winter

bear

• Bullying is a serious issue in South Korea. Simplifying down to them just wanting to jump off because mommy said no it’s dumb asf also. I doubt it’s the parents causing such a strong emotional reaction they want to fucking die. Its the children there age mocking and bullying anyone that doesn’t have these luxury goods.

The article even quotes:

“Appearance and financial success can resonate more with consumers in South Korea than in most other countries,” analysts wrote in the report. Showcasing the reason behind why they are buying these bags stem from wanting to conform to the collective value they hold. That’s a cultural issue not solely parents fault.

and how much responsibilities do you think parents hold when their children subject themselves to be bullying victims, zero? that these kids have completely lost trust in the adults and authoritative figures in their life to the point that they’d rather continue being bullied than speaking up? that they hadn’t been equipped with preventive and defensive measures taught by their parents in the case they get bullied? do these kids’ parents shoulder zero percent of the blame in these situations in your mind, or what?

In case you couldn’t tell i absolutely think that people have failed as parents if their kids turn out to have been bullying victims. And make no mistake, i’m not victim-blaming the child. And it applies in every single country and environment, korea or otherwise. Just bc korea is notorious for its “culture” of bullying doesn’t mean korean parents get absolved of their responsibilities. Society has failed these kids, and so have their parents. End of

• Some parents are weak minded imo and need to learn to say no to their child's whims and encourage them to buy it themselves or else they become spoilt and entitled.

P.S, I did this with my own daughter but that's because she was my only child and I had the money to spend on her for expensive items and wanted to. Now, she has a job and buys for herself.

• never truer spoken. If NJ decided not to accept the massive payout of a luxury brand ad, they’d be dragged by the same toxic people for being lame/nugu or something

(And the kids will still want a luxury handbag)

it's the same regardless of whether it's luxury handbags or any other item

hell I go to the store and my son wants transformers or marvel or legos or whatever other toys catch his fancy and it's up to me to stay NO!!! When he gets other it might be electronics like handheld games or a console or even luxury goods but I ain't just gonna give it to him freely

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!