[theqoo] "JUST LIKE NEWJEANS"... FEMALE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE BECOMING OBSESSED. PARENTS "SHOULD I BUY THEM ONE?", EMERGENCY STATE

• [theqoo] "JUST LIKE NEWJEANS"... FEMALE MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE BECOMING OBSESSED. PARENTS "SHOULD I BUY THEM ONE?", EMERGENCY STATE

bypannchoaApril 27, 2023
    AVvXsEijyRHK0fp4A_rOyWYNGN3mS9zJNyLZ7bXvLlgrCbxeQ3dxgE24a2krlSqaEBkXQC76j7PVMid96ctmPDK4zN04aIWB1vLI4dihqF5qaCRpZxWqtWWyLRpTR0wYvas_9eKk5JhuGx-jw1xmtJAzXscusmckNsXuamXNlu1OYZmVUVhWoqdJrZJc5QrG=w512-h640

AVvXsEi4n7yvq-h3fpMpFRTZShgusvuRk8HVdbK_9XoZ4lhrZ874p94dLnGqKEr99Sm_YZFXtVwnH1ENTF1RZsCj8j3JhOVnHRp07csc1wdH1V8D_IaFDg7nmM4ZX2jf2Uf1GbTFEiNEzLFVDlD88QYugB9TO3YtU8_5WeBq8ycRpwhYgXH7O9ND2fI0XFd_=w512-h640

AVvXsEih1QCgHsyKybvtOMIzn6QiD1aA-W3kVUq98h1-vOWwscJsUOuKqLtYvuDZORcX7Xw5w9Bx9i6yfyIK6byTHREbDmxODZNKarqbg_LoblXJ9Oc9jg9-vl_cZA56y1Dntvzgds2c7d3RnfT44s0RXZ75lSYribaRcOWVWqN7kQBPtryFAyQe9KkTbyuK=w493-h640

AVvXsEhIieOI3fwuJ93s4DxYWh7QqMEXNaTeNiaVhSB3MGzwkeUAdonQCcNCy4VAkGVGDGbgedfb-BRY-SF98X3rGg_bN8IUGsR8l_ICS57GqlhCNdT4ukzNBuwJiT10TM1TITlA0vkqgVkfKmvQdbJFdiiYjyw_XbJLcRXEUrE6ryIs9GstTzjTjtBYT0C2=w512-h640

AVvXsEg6lebSQb_m8-gQnJz6kJ3t-yaby-HFhxHQ1GGnyH5osfesBVE1pl7KdSuZFujYly-CwapvygXYl7D3yKDG-IRiZz-otXtHas3BB-Y5zfIL_SG3JOtkS44TmbQ7ZDOx6mvGZcV-voHI_IfUZk77DXfwWZqhuwrIcy_VQnC5HYRUoCAa09g8Ya499vWb=w515-h640

Global luxury brands have recently been using teenage K-pop idols as ambassadors and advertising models. In the past, they have chosen idols in their 20s, such as BLACKPINK's Jennie and Jisoo, but recently the age range has been lowered to teens. All members of NEWJEANS have been selected as ambassadors for Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Burberry, Saint Laurent, etc. The move is attributed to the fact that the age of luxury consumption is decreasing and the proportion of MZ consumers is expected to increase.

On the 27th, according to the industry, Dior recently appointed Haerin (17), a member of K-pop girl group NEWJEANS, as an ambassador for jewelry, fashion, and beauty. "NEWJEANS' Haerin will be the Global Ambassador for Dior Jewelry and the House Ambassador for Dior Fashion and Beauty," Dior and NEWJEANS' agency, Adore, said in a statement. "This bond strengthens our precious relationship with Haerin more than ever, and marks the beginning of an extraordinary journey between Dior and Haerin, who embodies creativity with elegance and daring," Dior said.

Previously, NEWJEANS' Hani was named ambassador of Gucci and Giorgio Armani Beauty, Hyein was named ambassador of Louis Vuitton, Danielle was named ambassador of Burberry and Saint Laurent Beauty, and Minji was named ambassador of Chanel Beauty, Fashion, Watches & Jewelry.

The successive appointment of teenage idols as ambassadors of luxury brands is likely due to the prospect that the MZ generation will become the main consumers of the luxury market. According to a recent CNBC broadcast, consulting firm Bain & Company reported in a recent report that "by 2030, Alpha Generation (born after 2010) and MZ Generation (Millennials + Generation Z) will account for 80% of the sales of high-end fashion brands worldwide," and that "they will become the mainstay of luxury consumption." In particular, Bain & Company analyzed that the age of luxury consumption is decreasing due to the influence of social networking services (SNS). Bain & Company also found that Generation Z (those born in the mid-1990s to early 2010s) and the subsequent "Alpha" generation (currently 13 years old or younger) will account for more than one-third of luxury spending by 2030.

According to the report, Gen Z'ers will make their first luxury purchase at around age 15, three to five years earlier than millennials. This is due to rising affluence, the proliferation of social media, and the ubiquity of online sales channels, which have made it easier to afford luxury goods.

Despite soaring inflation, subsequent interest rate hikes, and the economic downturn, sales of luxury fashion brands were unaffected last year, with global sales rising 22% year-on-year to €353 billion, according to Bain & Company. This year's sales are expected to increase by roughly 3 to 8 percent, although it depends on the resumption of economic activity in China after "zero Covid" and the economic situation in the U.S. and Europe.

original post: here

1. I really think that this is a problem... I wish that teen idols wouldn't become ambassador until they are adults

2. People in their 20-30's are the ones buying luxury items themselves and most of teens are just spending their parents' money... If kids continue to nag their parents to buy them luxury items, of course they will end up buying them just like the North Face padded jackets back then

3. I do think that it's problematic to have teenagers as luxury brand ambassadors

4. Nobody can claim that ambassadors don't have influence anymore. These companies are well aware and that's why they select those idols

5. Ah seeing it like this makes me realize why idols are the ones being ambassadors. It's freaking bad

6. Everything said here was true

7. NEWJEANS shouldn't be blamed here but the society

8. But that's their purpose... the parents must be having a hard time

9. That's right and that's the aim of all these ambassadorships

10. It's indeed an issue... It's like inciting teens to buy luxury items

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• We were just having this conversation!

seems like Knetz were lurking here... haha

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Be a parent and say no. Jesus. Korea has a problem with spoiled materialistic kids. It’s the parents job to stop that. I do think there is a discussion to be had on these brand endorsements and stuff but parents please be parents and tell your kids no.

I’ve see. Babies in luxury brands which is just stupid as they will outgrow the clothes in months.

• started with an iPhone, iMac, and all that making people become iDiots

now we are in spot where kids will like to have a backpack which costs 1400-1500 bucks... or some 'strawberry' bag which costs even more lol

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Be a parent and say no. Jesus. Korea has a problem with spoiled materialistic kids. It’s the parents job to stop that. I do think there is a discussion to be had on these brand endorsements and stuff but parents please be parents and tell your kids no.

I’ve see. Babies in luxury brands which is just stupid as they will outgrow the clothes in months.

parents can't risk their kid jumping off a building because they wouldn't buy their daughter the $3000 Dior bag than Haerin is advertising.

• People attacking Nj for taking on these deals (even in this very thread with that one obsessed user) are just.. beyond words to describe lol let’s just say they should apply some iq to their logical thinking. Nj are reacting to the market’s demand here, not the other way around, and their managers are just smart and savant enough to book them these deals. The problem lies in this generation’s parents’ method of raising their kids, resulting in the phenomenon of teens demanding to buy these luxury items and actually getting all they want. Of course they’ll continue to demand more and more outrageous things like these if their parents never say no. It’s entirely the fault of parents here, which drives the demand in the market for teen models. Again, Nj are just smart here for knowing where market trends lie. They don’t have to take accountability for a damn thing for how many spoilt brats there are out there lol

• parents can't risk their kid jumping off a building because they wouldn't buy their daughter the $3000 Dior bag than Haerin is advertising.

are you fucking serious? if your kid threatens to jump off a building bc you won’t buy them some toy costing a whole house, you’ve failed as a parent. don’t divert the blame to others for your own failings lol take some accountability for once good god this is absurd.

you’ve always had some very deplorable takes on this website but this is a new level of dumb

• Koreans seem to be the type of parents who can't say no?

If teenagers ask for iPhone and luxury bags in my culture, all they will get is their ears boxed.

• Koreans seem to be the type of parents who can't say no?

If teenagers ask for iPhone and luxury bags in my culture, all they will get is their ears boxed.

because the worst thing you can do to a kid of South Korea is have them ostracized by their peers. The first girl to have whatever the idol is peddling will immediately rise to the king of the hill...others will follow suit, and the ones who can't afford one will be left out in the cold and ridiculed for it ("your family is too poor to afford one, don't hang out with us").

• because the worst thing you can do to a kid of South Korea is have them ostracized by their peers. The first girl to have whatever the idol is peddling will immediately rise to the king of the hill...others will follow suit, and the ones who can't afford one will be left out in the cold and ridiculed for it ("your family is too poor to afford one, don't hang out with us").

I know how the mechanism works for them culturally and socially

I'm just surprised at how different it is from my culture

Even kids coming from rich family won't have luxury items.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!