NMIXX abandoning their "MIXX" sounds make them seem like any other gg

• The (n)MIXXPop concept was okay, but the delivery just wasn’t on point or the level that it should be on to truly be impressive.

For example, mixing “Love Me Like This”, “Superhero”, ”Tank”, “Big Wave”, “Cool”, “Oh My Gosh” in a compelling and seamless LIVE performance medley could be d0pe. Once they have enough songs that are high quality, it can become very hard to miss a good session MIXX.

• Love Me Like This is an improvement
    but the GG landscape is too competitive
    their biggest hype comes from predebut dance teaser
    after that their hype disappear
    and put them on mid tier level GG at best

• It’s good they abandoned it. It’s sad Jinni had to leave before they went this root.

And when they did their pre-debut no one expected this type of sound or concept lol. We all thought or was made to believe they would do rnb or something that would focus on their talents. Like what SQU4D said, “7 all rounders” but then the NMIXX teaser was released and everything went down the drain… all the hype they garnered from their singing videos all went nowhere. So this new start is good for NMIXX in the long run it’s what most fans wanted from NMIXX. Especially Korean NSWERS.

Like you have lily, Sullyoon and Haewon all singing like that of course they deserve better lol. None of the girls even liked O.O or dice.

Love Me Likes This and Young Dumb Stupid all reaching new peaks shows us they just needed good songs to do well.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• i do feel the same , i loved their MixxPOP sound

kinda sad that they went for generic GG concept and boring song

people can say whatever they want but at least before you weren't bored of their song after just one week

Very true. You can't get bored of a song if you only listen to it once. :pepe-use-head:

• Tbh i love their debut sound. I hope they never give up about it cause if they continue prmote their original, there will definitly a chance for them to hit big with it. Look at rv with and aespa they doesn’t care about their music don’t being accepted by audience and still they have a hit with that genre

• Their MIXX sound was horrible and not working for them, so I am glad they abandoned it :yesr: . They went from releasing the worst songs of the year to one of the best with Love Me Like This

• Tbh i love their debut sound. I hope they never give up about it cause if they continue prmote their original, there will definitly a chance for them to hit big with it. Look at rv with and aespa they doesn’t care about their music don’t being accepted by audience and still they have a hit with that genre

Well personally i think it worked for Rv and Aespa because they always embrace it as being their identity as a group and we all knew that they would never give up on it

But JYP is well know for most of the time surfing on the wave of what's popular currently and give up on it when it's not working

And that's exactly what they did once again with Nmixx

They saw that "experimental" for a GG can work and give you a massive success with Next level so they jump on the trend

The trend died and it didn't work for nmixx so now they are backing off

And JYP doesn't seem to understand that it'll never work if they keep going back and forth because it just made them look like a group with no identity

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• But how are you so sure SM would never give up on it? LSM is out and we all know he was the producer and the "brains" behind aespa. I do think aespa should stick with their sound to differentiate them with the new gg.

• But how are you so sure SM would never give up on it? LSM is out and we all know he was the producer and the "brains" behind aespa. I do think aespa should stick with their sound to differentiate them with the new gg.

Well here you're talking about something differently, ofc if the direction change they might force the group to change their sound

But i'm talking of the hypothesis where the direction stay the same

During the era under LSM none of the SM GG "gave up" their identity to surf on what's the trend that's why red velvet had a really hard time

But JYP is still under JYP direction and it's not the first time

Both twice was doing cute then gc start to become more popular so he start to make them mature, but more mature twice flopped in korea so he made them do cute again and it flopped so they are back to doing more mature stuff

And itzy were doing teen crush then he push them to do girl crush with mafia in the morning but their digital performance were weaker every comeback so he made them go back to something more teen crush with sneakers

And now they are doing the same with Nmixx the mixx pop concept didn't work so now they made them go with generic song hoping it'll help them find success

He'll probably try for 1-2 comeback and if it doesn't work they'll try something different again

And you could argue that RED velvel to went back and forth between a lot of different concept, girlcrush, vute , mature etc.... But This is Red velvet identity they never identify for years like just a cute gg like twice etc....

Before they even debut they announce that Red velvet identity is going back and forth between multiple concept, between their red and velvet side

And SM embrace it by doing album call red who is just some pop happy song and Perfect velvet album who is a more maturew dark edgy songs in it

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Nmixx concept wasn't working because JYPE never put the money behind it by hiring the best creative people a let them work their magic. They wanted to do SM on the cheap.

From the start, there was never anything unique about the group, it was just a mesh of a lot of popular trends done poorly, but that's the JYPE way.

Funny enough, if they had started with what we have now, they would probably be doing a lot better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!