just how big NewJeans is among korean gp.....

• I came across this video on twt, I think they're pretty big .

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NJs is able to ride on a wave of nostalgia for a simpler time in the 90s which is very much their aesthetic and they make good music that is unique in comparison to contemporary K-Pop, and they have the benefit of being backed by a massive corporate entity within K-Pop. It's not surprising they are succeeding in Korea

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• NJs is able to ride on a wave of nostalgia for a simpler time in the 90s which is very much their aesthetic and they make good music that is unique in comparison to contemporary K-Pop, and they have the benefit of being backed by a massive corporate entity within K-Pop. It's not surprising they are succeeding in Korea

i think the thing that is surprising is that none of the other big companies have capitalized on the things that ador are currently doing. min heejin was literally a creative in sm and yet we see what they went for with aespa. and even rv could never quite keep the momentum going because sm was dead set on the dual concepts and every other release was a miss.

we can all talk about how its only logical that new jeans blew up, but i think the industry is probably also taken aback that the formula to success was this simple while they still toil away with trying to be "innovative" with groups like nmixx and aespa.

who's your favorite artist?

• They should have looked at the fashion industry... previous looks always come around lol. I think NewJeans was a slight risk as it's an old genre but they banked on it being long enough back in time, backed by amazing songs and a talented highly visual group.

Min Heejin may have attempted to do something like this at SM but was knocked back who knows...

tbh idk if this is true. i think new jean's music is actually quite modern. the nostalgia comes from their mv and outfits, but the music is something you could hear from a major western rnb/pop star like sza or doja cat imo. thats where the genius really comes in, the blend of oldschool and newschool . korea gp also almost always prefers softer/melodic songs outside of kpop and khip hop. and even the popular hip hop songs are often rnb heavy.

• They should have looked at the fashion industry... previous looks always come around lol. I think NewJeans was a slight risk as it's an old genre but they banked on it being long enough back in time, backed by amazing songs and a talented highly visual group.

Min Heejin may have attempted to do something like this at SM but was knocked back who knows...

don’t ask me for the source cuz I won’t be able to give you one lol but i read many people say that mhj left sm bc her vision for sm’s new group was scratched and the executives created aespa instead, so she went and did her own thing with another boss’s backing (hybe) so yeah.. and even in hybe initially she and bang pd were supposed to join force and create only 1 group, but creative differences again split them up and thus both lesserafim and nj were born.. and even further, her bosses at hybe didn’t think attention would do well bc it’s boring to them and mhj had to fight for her song choice.. so yeah needless to say she had to jump over quite a few hurdles to prove her vision right after all and slap naysayers in the face with nj’s immense success lol :boompepe:

• don’t ask me for the source cuz I won’t be able to give you one lol but i read many people say that mhj left sm bc her vision for sm’s new group was scratched and the executives created aespa instead, so she went and did her own thing with another boss’s backing (hybe) so yeah.. and even in hybe initially she and bang pd were supposed to join force and create only 1 group, but creative differences again split them up and thus both lesserafim and nj were born.. and even further, her bosses at hybe didn’t think attention would do well bc it’s boring to them and mhj had to fight for her song choice.. so yeah needless to say she had to jump over quite a few hurdles to prove her vision right after all and slap naysayers in the face with nj’s immense success lol :boompepe:

some of this is kinda of bending the facts that we actually know. min heejin stated herself that she felt overworked and underpaid at sm. being a woman professional i can see the pay wage gap being the main factor behind her leaving. i can see her ideas also being scrapped tho since aespa's concept was supposed to bring the whole AI idol idea to major marketability.

also min heejin was never in collaboration with bang pd directly from my understanding. she was supposed to work with source music for the collab. bang pd obviously works on producing music for lsrf now so that could have been the goal pre lsrf, but bang pd doesn't seem as involved with the concept and visual design stuff. so the creative difference were with source execs. it seem like hybe's upper execs gave min heejin pretty much free reign. she is the ceo of ador after all. though im sure upper execs can still veto stuff if they really dislike it.

• Part of HYBE's genius is the recruiting, buying up other companies, getting creative types in like Min Heejin even down to somehow finding and getting a Ballerina into a K-Pop group lollll

some of this is kinda of bending the facts that we actually know. min heejin stated herself that she felt overworked and underpaid at sm. being a woman professional i can see the pay wage gap being the main factor behind her leaving. i can see her ideas also being scrapped tho since aespa's concept was supposed to bring the whole AI idol idea to major marketability.

also min heejin was never in collaboration with bang pd directly from my understanding. she was supposed to work with source music for the collab. bang pd obviously works on producing music for lsrf now so that could have been the goal pre lsrf, but bang pd doesn't seem as involved with the concept and visual design stuff. so the creative difference were with source execs. it seem like hybe's upper execs gave min heejin pretty much free reign. she is the ceo of ador after all. though im sure upper execs can still veto stuff if they really dislike it.

No Bangpd was supposed to tbe NewJeans executive producer back then with management provided by soumu and concept by newjeans and honestly I believe it'd have been a disaster because both have way different visions.

• No Bangpd was supposed to tbe NewJeans executive producer back then with management provided by soumu and concept by newjeans and honestly I believe it'd have been a disaster because both have way different visions.

True, but they didn't go separate because they fought, MHJ is the one that told bang pd that it would be a good idea to make a group with the izone girls, (Sakura, chaewon and Minju) and that it's, first they just planned to debut one group SomuXBangpdXMHJ but after signing Sakura and chae they changed the plan and let MHJ to have a subsidiary to do her things.

I don't know how there's a rumour about them fighting and then going separate ways, Bangpd has let her do whatever she wants, BH to Hybe rebranding was done by her, the concept, imagery, logo, and the building concept and now ador where she literally can do as she wants.

• True, but they didn't go separate because they fought, MHJ is the one that told bang pd that it would be a good idea to make a group with the izone girls, (Sakura, chaewon and Minju) and that it's, first they just planned to debut one group SomuXBangpdXMHJ but after signing Sakura and chae they changed the plan and let MHJ to have a subsidiary to do her things.

I don't know how there's a rumour about them fighting and then going separate ways, Bangpd has let her do whatever she wants, BH to Hybe rebranding was done by her, the concept, imagery, logo, and the building concept and now ador where she literally can do as she wants.

Min heejin herself confirmed that she has nothing to do with Lesserafim, no decision about them even suggestions about recruitment of Ex izone members was made by her. And I never said they fought, I think their visions didn't match and they decided to part ways. Lesserafim is a collab, if NewJeans were under soumu their music would've been managed by Bang PD that's what I clearified.

• New Jeans is the Blackpink to Ive's Twice.

Last year's songs could be the New Jeans' versions of BBY/Whistle/Playing with FIre/AIYYL.

This year, if OMFG ends up to be the SOTY with its ferocious start, it could be the New Jeans version of DDDD. DDDD truly jumpstarted the girl crush era and was the last cultural reset of Kpop. With OMFG, New Jeans is now fixin to become the next cultural reset :pepe-peek:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!