What’s your opinion of Jennie being a fan of Sam Levinson?

• So he’s obviously a white incel with male power fantasies that take autonomy away from women, but he’s smart enough to package it as “art” and get fame and riches from it. Jennie is a role model to many girls and young women. While I wouldn’t consider her a representative of “female empowerment” she does have a lot of influence. Especially for younger individuals with very impressionable minds, this isn’t the right path for them to be exposed to.

Jennie shares her love for Sam levinson’s who’s known for his problematic works – Pannkpop

• Lmao, not the twisting words game here, she said she is fan of his works, which is normal. The man created Euphoria, basically the Squid Game of the 2022 in terms of fuzz, also a greatly directed and acted show that earned 3 of the main casts an emmy nomination plus has launch the whole cast careers sans Zendaya and Eric Dane. On top of that he directed Malcolm and Marie, which also was praised by the critics.

Now the bitches wants to criticize Jennie as if she was the one writting sexual scenes? this type of mindset would only belong to the boomer gen, the one that hated sex and women in general, and it doesn't surprise me that kpop fans are the one doing it again.

• Lmao, not the twisting words game here, she said she is fan of his works, which is normal. The man created Euphoria, basically the Squid Game of the 2022 in terms of fuzz, also a greatly directed and acted show that earned 3 of the main casts an emmy nomination plus has launch the whole cast careers sans Zendaya and Eric Dane. On top of that he directed Malcolm and Marie, which also was praised by the critics.

Now the bitches wants to criticize Jennie as if she was the one writting sexual scenes? this type of mindset would only belong to the boomer gen, the one that hated sex and women in general, and it doesn't surprise me that kpop fans are the one doing it again.

I agree, saying you're a fan of someone is different from saying you're a fan of someone's work.

Many other celebs like Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and others have said they liked Euphoria, by OP's logic we should be cancelling Tom Holland and Timothee Chalamet.

• And adding on about Sam Levinson, because I am an avid watcher of Euphoria myself, the guy's only sin was feuding with Barbie Ferreira on set about the way Kat's storyline was going, he wanted to dive into the eating disorders while she wanted to dive in the sexcam part of the show, that was the only confirmed problem he had with the cast.

No other actress that worked with him went into making any SA or Uncomfortableness statement about him, in fact, he changed various nude scenes while filming to make the actresses happy, and that was confirmed by both of them, Sidney and Minka Kelly.

Finally about sexual graphic scenes, that is something TV have been doing since dawn of age, HBO in particular focuses on adult viewers, so neither of the shows are directed at children. And in The Idol cases, the "leaked scrapped storylines" that were published in the RS article that ended up being a clear PR move, were in total line in what the show is about and its despicted in the trailer. A dark, gritty, sexual comedy that isn't for children.

• Tbf only The Idol's plot seems problematic. His famous works before Idol, sexualized woman but the plot was also focused on women. The main cast were all women. It's only a problem when women are treated like objects for a man's fantasy, which is exactly the problem with The Idol.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• And adding on about Sam Levinson, because I am an avid watcher of Euphoria myself, the guy's only sin was feuding with Barbie Ferreira on set about the way Kat's storyline was going, he wanted to dive into the eating disorders while she wanted to dive in the sexcam part of the show, that was the only confirmed problem he had with the cast.

No other actress that worked with him went into making any SA or Uncomfortableness statement about him, in fact, he changed various nude scenes while filming to make the actresses happy, and that was confirmed by both of them, Sidney and Minka Kelly.

Finally about sexual graphic scenes, that is something TV have been doing since dawn of age, HBO in particular focuses on adult viewers, so neither of the shows are directed at children. And in The Idol cases, the "leaked scrapped storylines" that were published in the RS article that ended up being a clear PR move, were in total line in what the show is about and its despicted in the trailer. A dark, gritty, sexual comedy that isn't for children.

people want to find reasons to blame Jennie when she has nothing to do with the idol controversy, like yes people can be fan of his works it's not like people aren't fan of Euphoria or his previous works. She is not the only one and we haven't seen the idol yet. I'm seeing that Zendaya has worked with him in other projects not all of them are sexual or controversial.

• people want to find reasons to blame Jennie when she has nothing to do with the idol controversy, like yes people can be fan of his works it's not like people aren't fan of Euphoria or his previous works. She is not the only one and we haven't seen the idol yet. I'm seeing that Zendaya has worked with him in other projects not all of them are sexual or controversial.

Exactly, his works outside of the HBO format aren't controversial. They are topic of critical praise, like the mentioned Malcolm and Marie, X, Pearl. Its completely normal for anyone to say they like his work, even if you think he is a freak (despite, again, 0 accusations againt him).

People had a problem with the artwork Min Heejin had in her house. Jennie is a grown ass woman and she can like whatever she wants. No problem. But she has a lot of minors and young adults who look up to her. That's why these brands pay her millions because of her influence. As they say, with great power comes great responsibility. It' just for her to keep in mind what she promotes, even if inadvertently. There's a reason kpop forums got rid of 18+ forum sections for adults, to protect the minors. It's just being cautious.

• People had a problem with the artwork Min Heejin had in her house. Jennie is a grown ass woman and she can like whatever she wants. No problem. But she has a lot of minors and young adults who look up to her. That's why these brands pay her millions because of her influence. As they say, with great power comes great responsibility. It' just for her to keep in mind what she promotes, even if inadvertently. There's a reason kpop forums got rid of 18+ forum sections for adults, to protect the minors. It's just being cautious.

You have to be kidding me right? LMAO, I can't with this.

The fact that you think a 26 years old woman or any person kpop related have to be condemn to be kids friendly 24/7 of their lives without even being able to search growth in their careers is mindblowing. I suggest you to stop thinking you have an own over any idol's career and or life.

Is critical thinking dead or something 😭

It’s his works that are criticized that are getting called out right now. It’s alright I’m not blaming Jennie at all since even regular people get caught up in stuff like this.

A lot of women hating misogynistic work get praised and are critically acclaimed in Hollywood it’s nothing new.

You don’t have to defend the horrendous work this man has put out to defend Jennie what so ever. Like let’s all just take a step back.

• :eyeroll-pepe:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You are probably the last person to talk about misoginy here though. And I am not defending Levinson, I am clearing out twisted narratives related to his work, that have been using to drag Jennie around.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!