So do some people still think Melon new system is frozen?

• i read the word frozen and this came to mind

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What is it 200k ULs for top 10 today? I think of the hundreds of songs that got that in their firat day and didnt come close to top 10...

Melon UL decreased in general because of downloads being less prevalent and system change, not even IU is cracking 1m anymore. We can only compare current numbers and the reality is rose charted even her b-side inside the top 7 at the moment and still rising. I know it's hard coping but bp can dominate even with their solos

• What is it 200k ULs for top 10 today? I think of the hundreds of songs that got that in their firat day and didnt come close to top 10...

Melon UL decreased in general because of downloads being less prevalent and system change, not even IU is cracking 1m anymore. We can only compare current numbers and the reality is rose charted even her b-side inside the top 7 at the moment and still rising. I know it's hard coping but bp can dominate even with their solos

I'll give an illustration for you, the villain, for better understanding.

If your fav comebacks around this time, they might only have less than 100K ULs as it seems difficult for your fav to even crack into top 20 these days.

• I'll give an illustration for you, the villain, for better understanding.

If your fav comebacks around this time, they might only have less than 100K ULs as it seems difficult for your fav to even crack into top 20 these days.

Last time my faves came back they got like 250k and nothing has changed in Melon since than, not a single thing.

• People are forgetting that LSG was released during Chuseok holidays. X/

True i remember seeing tweets saying that LSG had only 290K UL in its first day. Then it blew up steadily until it reached 520k + at its peak.

Rose is almost at Dynamite levels.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Last time my faves came back they got like 250k and nothing has changed in Melon since than, not a single thing.

There are many factors changed, just for one example, Melon is losing users to other platforms.

If that same song comebacks right now, I am sure they will not get 250K ULs.

You have to learn T-score and Z-score in statistics, so you will not only know raw-score and know how we eliminate changes of factor and time by using percentile/quartile and fitting normal-probability curve on things.

250K ULS was their peak after promotion on TV programs, right? That was considered quite bad at that time for your fav.

• Last time my faves came back they got like 250k and nothing has changed in Melon since than, not a single thing.

External Content twitter.com

Yeah but back then LSG had like 300k unique listeners when it reform the charts and released during chuseok. Stayed pretty long in the top 10 though for weeks :love:

It must be difficult for you to break down and accept reality but it is what it is. :sleeping:

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• i read the word frozen and this came to mind

External Content youtu.be

wang yibo :lover1:

• External Content twitter.com

Yeah but back then LSG had like 300k unique listeners when it reform the charts and released during chuseok. Stayed pretty long in the top 10 though for weeks :love:

It must be difficult for you to break down and accept reality but it is what it is. :sleeping:

No LSG got 300k early on but peaked some days later over 500k.

ICSM peaked at over 250k days after release. Its actually not hard to understand.

• There are many factors changed, just for one example, Melon is losing users to other platforms.

If that same song comebacks right now, I am sure they will not get 250K ULs.

You have to learn T-score and Z-score in statistics, so you will not only know raw-score and know how we eliminate changes of factor and time by using percentile/quartile and fitting normal-probability curve on things.

250K ULS was their peak after promotion on TV programs, right? That was considered quite bad at that time for your fav.

Yes but 250k or 350k, both are bad as only 100k peope innthe difference regardless of the spin, the onlynthing that chabges is position on a chart but in reality its still terrible.

Weve also seen songs reach over 800k both now and than so.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!