When did being a kpop fan became about being the biggest victim of them all?

• Literally everyone is going after their own sob stories.

Most fan feel entitled to be toxic bc somewhere sometime they were the victim and everyone is apparently the victim.

After they are all done crying about what they did to each other, they wonder why no one takes kpop serious?

Well you turn it into a victim Olympic, so that's what it is

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wonder why there are no responses.

Competing in an Olympic is hard work

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oppression Olympics is everywhere, it's the defining trait of Twitter.

Kpop stans gotta be real about their faves. We just saw earnings reports from the two biggest most successful companies in Kpop (SM and Hybe) and the operating profit margins they showed were tiny. Literally 10 percent. Now, if Hybe and SM, with their massive money makers, could only eke out a 10 percent operating profit, could you imagine how tiny the profit margins are for the average midtier or nugu label? It's a wonder they're still surviving when their groups only sell 30k and make no noise on any digital chart. Yet their fans are screaming for better promotions for their faves, blaming their labels for the lack of success, etc...like how do they expect their faves' labels to come up with the money to do "better" promotions?

• I'd say H.O.T. vs g.o.d? They were literally fighting in the street.

Kpop stans gotta be real about their faves. We just saw earnings reports from the two biggest most successful companies in Kpop (SM and Hybe) and the operating profit margins they showed were tiny. Literally 10 percent. Now, if Hybe and SM, with their massive money makers, could only eke out a 10 percent operating profit, could you imagine how tiny the profit margins are for the average midtier or nugu label? It's a wonder they're still surviving when their groups only sell 30k and make no noise on any digital chart. Yet their fans are screaming for better promotions for their faves, blaming their labels for the lack of success, etc...like how do they expect their faves' labels to come up with the money to do "better" promotions?

LSM embezzling lots of SM profits

I'm sure there is a LSM in every kpop company, those reports are not to be trusted

I'm waiting on their Q1 report without LSM CT planning involvement. I bet the margins will be higher.

• I'd say H.O.T. vs g.o.d? They were literally fighting in the street.

They had guts and actually owned their shit instead of blaming someone something else.

• But gamers are most oppresses minority

Along with tech bros

• eh, they invented Internetz and Netizens after that.

They chickened out

You do know the profit margin is shit for HYBE because they are out there spending hundreds of millions of dollars on overpriced "investments". I mean within one week HYBE announced spending over $300 million on a mid tier hip hop label and approx $700 million? On LSM shares. Not to mention funding all the expensive comebacks of rookie groups that will end the reign of BTS soon.

• KPOP has always been inherently designed this way. "Rival" groups coming back at the same, companies putting emphasis on several albums versions, and posting about their achievements, etc. I'm a regular in both Western fandoms and KPOP and let me tell you, even if Western stans can be nasty it does not come close to KPOP. You ever wonder why no one in the West really care about brand deals or brand ambassadors compared to KPOP fans, there's your answer :skull:

• KPOP has always been inherently designed this way. "Rival" groups coming back at the same, companies putting emphasis on several albums versions, and posting about their achievements, etc. I'm a regular in both Western fandoms and KPOP and let me tell you, even if Western stans can be nasty it does not come close to KPOP. You ever wonder why no one in the West really care about brand deals or brand ambassadors compared to KPOP fans, there's your answer :skull:

I remember they investigated YG and SM for having their rival groups conveniently come back around same time

I mean Western stuff has similar stuff but yeah not on the same level. I do agree that all this brand deals etc.. is pretty cringe.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!