It would have been better if Bang abandoned Korea altogether when BTS became big

• In my opinion, Mr. Hitman Bang Sihyuk is the most to blame about what happened to BTS.

Basically he could have become the biggest music producer of all, but he chose to become a local lord in Korea, a similar rank enjoyed by a certain Lee JIeun who also owned her label 2020-2022.

He could have chosen to forget Korea, moving all of the members to some country, making them take their citizenship (something older KPop singers like Yoongsang and Lee Hyundo did), and move the HQ of Big Hit to that country and he and the members would NEVER ENTER K-O-R-E-A again.

20 years ago Steve Yoo, who was based in USA, avoided military service by taking US citizenship. He is still not welcome to Korea to this day.

But, times have changed. K-O-R-E-A is actually no longer that important for an act's success. Some Koreans could balk, but who would have cared about their voice? Their voices would have been ignored.

What made Bang not able to abandon K-O-R-E-A was the money he collected from Korea through Hybe's IPO. He was afraid the K-O-R-E-A-N investors would demand the money back, so he became very ambivalent towards Korea although he knew there were some segments of population who wanted to destroy BTS no matter what. (txt and other acts could be spun off into some other entities not related to Hybe in name.)

In other words, his greed blinded BTS' future vision.

Given how K-O-R-E-A treated BTS, I doubt any of them will remain as Koreans after they finish their services and have returned to the earth. (taking foreign citizenships means never paying taxes to K-O-R-E-A again, like Jay Park whose entire income is taxed in USA.) At least a few of them will probably choose to reside in other countries and never return to K-O-R-E-A again . However, the K-O-R-E-A-N-S succeeded destroying their world domination and would probably not care.

• bts love korea

Lyrics from ma city

[Hook: Rap Monster]
    I ran for a long time
    I ran again for a long time
    Yeah I’ll be ridin' and I’ll be dyin’
    In ma city

[Verse 1: Rap Monster]
    I don’t know what to say
    Even if I die, I can’t tell
    Even if you give me a hundred thousand dollars to live somewhere else
    Ah, no thanks
    Ilsan is where I want to be buried even after I die
    It’s the city of the flower, city of Mon
    La Festa and the Western Dom that are like home
    The Hugok Academy that raised me during my young years, uh
    The most harmonious place in the world, uh
    Nature and the city’s building and flowers, uh
    Me, who likes the Ilsan Lake Park more than the Han River
    Will hug you much more warmly, even though we’re small
    When I feel like I’m forgetting myself
    In that place, I find my old self
    (I) remember everything, even your smell

• Why do you continually write Korea like that?

It smacks of anti-vaxxers on social media refusing to say the word vaccine and using 🥕 emojis instead.

Just weird.

Because K-O-R-E-A-N-S have been very hostile to Kpop over the years and this is the most blatant example of K-O-R-E-A-N-S sabotaging KPop.

• Ho hum..

Has any business in the history of enterprise, ever given up any market, particularly their origin market - voluntarily, when there were no political or economic reasons?

But no WhyKnock invents a new strategy unknown to anyone,

Forget HYBE or Kpop, even Samsung, Hyundai etc., make more money outside Korea than in Korea. Yet they have not moved out.

Korea until now, has not impeded BTS or anyone in anyway from expanding to new markets. COVID probably had more impact on HYBE's plans.

And enlistment was still undecided.

Craziness is indefatigable ..

In a kpop forum, you can get Antis for this group or that.. WhyKnock is the only user who is Anti to the whole country.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• The reason Samsung, etc did not move out of K-O-R-E-A- - Real estate.

Hybe had no real estate, just one big rented building whose lease could be ended any time.

The amount BTS would have earned from its concerts 2021 - (presumably) 2025 would have been close to $3 billion . Not counting other sales.

I doubt Hybe's other acts will create a sales figure of even half of that, combined.

I have said before . Henri, the Duke of Navarre , was a Huguenot but had to convert to Catholicism to be allowed as the King of France. After he entered Notre Dame de Paris, he said a Mass was worth becoming the King.

Bang's short term profit motive probably cost him a lot, A LOT, for the future. What did he and the members gain ? Nothing but an empty praise from Korea's incels, who would rather listen to the girl groups than BTS. He wanted to play a billionaire in Korea, something which only lasted for a year and Hybe's future now in the deep limbo.

• I have said before . Henri, the Duke of Navarre , was a Huguenot but had to convert to Catholicism to be allowed as the King of France. After he entered Notre Dame de Paris, he said a Mass was worth becoming the King

His mass turned out to be very bloody for the Huguenots.. So what the equivalent of St.Barts massacre in Kpop History

Or the massacre at Bubat square..

Maybe MAMA inviting IU tempting her with a Daesang and then metaphorically killing her with the Lifetime award you keep talking about..

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!