Txt 2.16 mil preorders. Why are 3rd gen boys Seventeen/NCT being outsold by Txt/Stray Kids?

• First Stray Kids outsell both NCT/Seventeen, coming close to BTS. Now Txt records 2.16 mil preorders, higher than all NCT preorders. Even China is supporting Txt/Stray Kids more. Why are the 3rd gen boy groups being outsold easily?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS shouldn't even be in this discussion if we talking about 3rd gen boy groups being outsold.

The last sufficient BTS album was in 2020 Map Of The Soul 7, which got 4 million pre orders, and is now at 5 million heading towards 6 lmao.

After that, they released BE which was a album for the fans and wasn't as much comeback effort put into it, plus from what BTS said, it was a last minute album to release that year.

Plus 3 singles after that and now a anthology album with only 3 new songs, with 2 being ballads and the most popular one being a b-side track.

So I feel before we start talking about BTS albums being outsold, we have to wait till they have another group comeback in 2025... Like a proper one like Map Of The Soul 7 or Love Yourself Tear.

THEN we can talk about numbers with BTS included.

Cuz I can bet my bank account they touching 3.5-4.5 million pre-orders in 2025 after their service, since fans would've been starving and its gonna be a huge come back for them.

Point of the story, BTS aren't being outsold, and 4th gen is all about mass buying now, which is why the streams never match the sales, nor do their charting.

BTS can't relate🙂.

• they'll reach those numbers if they have the usual 4 versions.

• yeah.. bts shouldn't be included... i mean one member of BTS (Jin) sold 1M of a single album that just had 2 versions... that's around 1/3 of Proof's sales... showing how the price of proof did affect it cause if 1 member alone can sell 1/3 of the group album ... than if BTS had normal versions/prices even 4 versions (as they've always had until BE) they would probably be selling 5-7M+

• Seeing how BH is moving, they'll only give BTS 2 versions, an expensive and standard version, since they want to reduce their dependency on them. I'll be surprised if they will have a normal rollout.

by 2025 newjeans will have become what bp was to bb and hybe will not hesitate to show how many moneymakers they have. not to mention that this dependency argument only works pre-enlisment, to not frighten investors. if the members want they'll definitely have a big tour when they come back and that will be a lot of money on hybe's books, in merch and ticket sales.

• by 2025 newjeans will have become what bp was to bb and hybe will not hesitate to show how many moneymakers they have. not to mention that this dependency argument only works pre-enlisment, to not frighten investors. if the members want they'll definitely have a big tour when they come back and that will be a lot of money on hybe's books, in merch and ticket sales.

We’ll see if nj can convert all those casual listeners to a core fandom

• 127 and 17 already sold +2.5m tho

Seventeen’s FTS album is already at 3.1M+ album sales + their repackaged album sitting near 2M+, and overall career sales are at 17M+, so I don’t understand where the OP is getting the outsold narrative from. They might in the future, but as of right now, that’s not true.

(excluding BTS for obvious reasons) Seventeen is one of the only few boy groups aside from few 2nd generation groups that are actually charting in Korea, and matching their streams and tour numbers to their sales worldwide.

(Don’t know much abt NCT, so I didn’t comment— but I know Dream is doing great.)

Edit: I just wanna add that, no one actually coming close to Bts. Most groups had more than 3-4 versions, Bts did not. We also have to consider the price difference, as BTS’ were typically a lot more expensive than other groups— regardless of that, they still managed to have the best selling album and that’s saying a lot. So, no, realistically 4th generation isn’t outselling anyone at the moment.

• like they said :

BTS needs a proper comeback & when that happens in 2025, well we will see new records & just yeah BTS needs a proper comeback like MOTS7 : )

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• ISaidISaid already did this thread 1.5 years ago and It was more charismatic and fun

/j

• ISaidISaid already did this thread 1.5 years ago and It was more charismatic and fun

/j

I genuinely forgot abt this.

Tbh, looking through this— even though it’s a troll thread, it’s more respectful than I expected. Good days when we had good users that were actually willing to hold proper conversations.

• Crazy sales prob with boom of k-pop and I’m not surprised. That doesn’t mean what they do isn’t impressive but these surpassing threads are getting old as if to show that the 3rd gen past achievements has been irrelevant.

They won’t be where they are if not for the impact and legacy the 3rd gen did - e.g. bts. Tbh Idt they will ever achieve such legacy or impact.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

/j

My impact :cryingr: :angryr: let me read and find out what I said I was prolly smarter then :boompepe:

• Seeing how BH is moving, they'll only give BTS 2 versions, an expensive and standard version, since they want to reduce their dependency on them. I'll be surprised if they will have a normal rollout.

but maybe it's the members that got tired of the extra versions, more concept shoots, more massbuying. idk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!