How is getting a fashion deal a big thing if k-pop idols get fashion deals at debut?

• Yeah, you used to have to be like THE It person to get luxury brands.

Took Irene like 3 years to get a luxury brand deal. Her 1st endorsement was Maxwell Coffee lmao.

Took BP like 4 or 5 years of topping the charts in Korea and making path ways in the US to have every member get a luxury deal. These are some of the biggest names in the industry. I remember when only the biggest name actresses and actors got those deals (I mean big names that were known in most of Asia), so it felt big when KPOP stars got deals like that.

Now, some groups have not even debuted a year and have multiple members with luxury brands.

I kind of get Wonyoung, Sakura, and Yujin. They are veterans in the industry, but New Jeans and their deals are crazy to me.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Indeed. You used to have to prove your fashion acumen before fashion houses had you on their radar.

• Ohh I never noticed this :eyes:

But from the viewpoint of a kpop fan, I don't think a lot of fans go check these nuances

So the exclusive feel that u get from being announced as an ambassador is lost no?

It’s kinda obvious if you are someone who pays attention to details. I don’t really care about luxury brand deals but just being around on Reddit and seeing numerous threads on idols being announced, that detail stands out

• Like i said it before in an other thread now days brainds are aming to be mainstream and they don't want to have an exclusive customers anymore and hiring mainstream celebrities helps them give recognition to their brands,

Also these brands are the one who reach out to these idols and not there other way around

They're not aiming to be mainstream (because they already are)...they're aiming for younger clientele and to tap into the Chinese and Korean markets. Koreans spend more money per capita on luxury goods than any other country.

• They're not aiming to be mainstream (because they already are)...they're aiming for younger clientele and to tap into the Chinese and Korean markets. Koreans spend more money per capita on luxury goods than any other country.

They're indeed aiming for a mainstream market luxury brands have been doing this since the end of the 90's back in the days designers and models used to get all the fame in the fashion industry but brands decided that they want to have the fame for themselves so getting celebrities is a way for them to boost their brands and that's why you even see influencers advertising for those brands the more famous these brands the more money they'll have

• because it's still impressive

just because certain idols get it and a lot more of them are getting it doesn't mean it's anything less impressive

one forgets that for every idol that is getting a fashion deal there's probably hundreds of nugu and lesser known idols that are barely paying for the trainee debts

• Tbh it’s hella cringe. I like to see Kai pics in these events that’s all. But it’s not like he’s paying me anything to be that proud of it. 🧍‍♀️

The truth is asian entertainers are getting deals (there has also been increase of endorsements from India and China as well) because luxury brands have no new markets to break into the west with stagnant growth.

Brand deals would have always moved eastwards because this is the consumer base they want to target I don’t know why kpop fans think it’s some great achievement for their favs😭😭

With hallyu being how it is all the kdrama and kpop stars are getting them deals. But it’s to manipulate the Asian markets towards something that’s dying in other parts of the world. Lol.

• It's true that luxury brands are a big deal in many parts of Asia (a big reason why I think BP are so huge there) so it makes sense that they want to tap more into that market. Especially now that in the West, especially among Gen Z, luxury brands are losing their appeal in favor of thrifting, smaller brands, making your own clothes, and stuff like that. People want to help the earth and the fashion industry certainly doesn't help with that.

I was even planning on making a thread of all the brand ambassador deals and stuff in KPOP but gave up cause there are just so many. And it's funny to see because many of these groups haven't even shown that they have the necessary power to boost sales like that. It's definitely impressive but I do think that it's lost it's exclusivity a little

• You said it "doesn't feel like an exclusive fair anymore".

Editing: but I still think it's something good and impressive.

What's so impressive about someone being gifted for something they haven't really earned? Can we stop it with the feel-good, kumbaya BS?

• It was big deal till third gen. Fourt gen gets it easily because third gen made it easy. And if you are big company, you have connections.

And newjeans member getting solo deals is huge thing already

• It's true that luxury brands are a big deal in many parts of Asia (a big reason why I think BP are so huge there) so it makes sense that they want to tap more into that market. Especially now that in the West, especially among Gen Z, luxury brands are losing their appeal in favor of thrifting, smaller brands, making your own clothes, and stuff like that. People want to help the earth and the fashion industry certainly doesn't help with that.

I was even planning on making a thread of all the brand ambassador deals and stuff in KPOP but gave up cause there are just so many. And it's funny to see because many of these groups haven't even shown that they have the necessary power to boost sales like that. It's definitely impressive but I do think that it's lost it's exclusivity a little

40% of LVMH revenue or 47% if Japan's included.

LVMH.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!