How is getting a fashion deal a big thing if k-pop idols get fashion deals at debut?

• it's getting ridiculous now...you get an ambassadorship...you get an ambassadorship...everyone gets an ambassadorship. It's getting to the point where almost every idol is repping a brand.

• i never really thought of the fashion stuff as a big deal. it just seemed like another gig. extra publicity and revenue source

• Doesn't feel like an exclusive fair anymore...

What do u think?

It's not just them. Many people for example also complained how most of the good deals in Japan for example would go to mainly male celebrity and that they noticed how many new-ish boygroups that often are now. Sometimes they even get the deals before they even debut in Japan. I mean JO1 for example had an big deal with a phone company but also NIKE before they even had debuted and their younger brother group INI got the same with Adidas before their debut. A few other groups had the same, like I think Orbit had a deal with Converse before they debuted and OWV had one with Givenchy (But they still work with Givenchy if I'm not mistaken) and so on.

Many fashion companies seem to be just giving their deals to someone who seems to catch some people really quick these days in order to get people interested as it seems and especially Asia has a thing for advertisments so of cause they try to use as many celebs as possible who might be a hot thing right now in order to make people interested into checking out a brand. I mean if you have a lot fans the chances are high that someone would buy a thing you do an ad for and yeah ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I don’t feel every kpop idol we see with a brand deal means they are making money. I have a feeling some of these deals are endorsements and it ends at just getting free clothes from the fashion house.

This is the only way I can see fashion houses signing up newly debuted idols with barely any relevance in the social sphere

You could tell from how certain idols have the fashion house account announcing them as ambassadors whiles some idols are announced through their own personal accounts. Not every brand deal is on the same level

• It's not just them. Many people for example also complained how most of the good deals in Japan for example would go to mainly male celebrity and that they noticed how many new-ish boygroups that often are now. Sometimes they even get the deals before they even debut in Japan. I mean JO1 for example had an big deal with a phone company but also NIKE before they even had debuted and their younger brother group INI got the same with Adidas before their debut. A few other groups had the same, like I think Orbit had a deal with Converse before they debuted and OWV had one with Givenchy (But they still work with Givenchy if I'm not mistaken) and so on.

Many fashion companies seem to be just giving their deals to someone who seems to catch some people really quick these days in order to get people interested as it seems and especially Asia has a thing for advertisments so of cause they try to use as many celebs as possible who might be a hot thing right now in order to make people interested into checking out a brand. I mean if you have a lot fans the chances are high that someone would buy a thing you do an ad for and yeah ...

Ohh u raised an interesting point

Maybe it's the fashion labels who are very interested in targetting Asia nowadays compared to before and k-pop/jpop companies are just taking the opportunities they are being handed over

A famous actress here in India also became an ambassador for louis vuitton recently

Probably not a coincidence

• I don’t feel every kpop idol we see with a brand deal means they are making money. I have a feeling some of these deals are endorsements and it ends at just getting free clothes from the fashion house.

This is the only way I can see fashion houses signing up newly debuted idols with barely any relevance in the social sphere

You could tell from how certain idols have the fashion house account announcing them as ambassadors whiles some idols are announced through their own personal accounts. Not every brand deal is on the same level

Ohh I never noticed this :eyes:

But from the viewpoint of a kpop fan, I don't think a lot of fans go check these nuances

So the exclusive feel that u get from being announced as an ambassador is lost no?

• A famous actress here in India also became an ambassador for louis vuitton recently

Japan also has some who are one for Louis Vuitton. I forgot who in total but I remember that Takanori Iwata of the boygroup Sandaime J Soul Brothers was modeling a lot for them and he was one of the first people that Louis Vuitton ever had to model for as an Asian person. But hey, he looks quit decent and has very cute smile so yeah ... But I also saw western brands taking odd looking people as their model like for example when DISEL worked with Jean Kaito from the boygroup SUPER DRAGON and I never quit understood when fans said that Jean was "fashionable" with how he looks like xD

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• It was never any big deal. I never saw any actor, western artist or athletes fanbase use endorsement deals as bragging rights. In fact, most of them don't even know about these deals. Only kpop use these deals to fulfill their superiority complex.

• it was when it was barely starting when the 1st kpop idols have it

now they're getting ambassadors everywhere & handing it out

maybe work for it? but nevertheless proud of them getting ambassadorship

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!